Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Does anyone know why they couldn't use the police station to conduct the interviews and reverted to a "Safe House" and what is a Safe House. Safe from Screams being heard?

Perhaps it was having major construction carried out at the time??

Just wondering as we had Ali'G JD GB and JTJ around at the moment and between them I am sure we can get a definitive answer whistling.gif

attachicon.gifPiggiesMightFly.jpg

Lots of people mad at those responsible for this crime. Not unheard of for locals to swarm a police station when word gets out they have those responsible (why they had them in bullet proof vests and helmets while they reenacted the murders) but then again could have just been a private place where they wanted to possibly use some unconventional methods to get the truth out what they saw as two murdering rapists (animals). Bottom line, doesn't really mean anything to me except the confession "to police" should not hold weight but then again shouldn't in my opinion if they retracted it for any reason. Even if it was recorded, we clearly see a pattern on this thread of not believing video if it goes against what people want to believe. So if they retracted so be it, throw out the confession they gave to the police and let the other evidence including the DNA be used against them.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This question is for you, Balo. Since you seem to know for sure NS was in Bangkok. If his life is ruined and he is so depressed why is he doing nothing to prove his innocence? That's what I would do if I were him and I really had nothing to do with all this, I'd give interviews to all who asked, make my phone records public, find CCTV of me in BKK the night before or even the day before. I would submit to polygraphs, agree to take a truth syrum so long as my attorney is present... I would send the running man bid to FBI and ask them to compare my walk to the running mans walking style (it can be done)

Anything, I'm telling you ANYTHING I could do to clear my name from what was done to David and Hannah.. And yet, none of the people suspected are doing that.. Quite the opposite really.

Of course you don't have to answer it's no demand.. I'm just curious what you think about it?

I understand that this is addressed to balo but if I may ask, has this person, and I take it you are referring to Nomsod, been charged with any offence relating to this matter. If he hasn't then he is deemed innocent and is not obliged to prove or provide anything to anyone, however, if he was charged, then what you are talking about is the task of investigating police in order to establish a person's involvement. And no, I am not sticking up for him, just telling you the way it works in the real world.

............. And no, I am not sticking up for him, just telling you the way it works in the real world.

life in ruins , no doubt depressed , huge newwork and money behind him and his family , now let me tell you in the real world the sullied do not give polygraph test . They and with the help of their lawyer Sue , and Sue large . Panya as an individual , Tv stations , RTP .. the list is long , but all we hear is scilence ....

no go figure that !

It would be nice to know what you on about? You want me to figure it out from what you have written, figure out what?

let me spell it out to you ...

man with the cash has his reputation slurred

man with the cash employes lawyer to sue those who are besmirching his families reputation.

man with the cash has last laugh as all and sundrey loose face and Cash when they have to retract those slurs when convincing evidence is offer

to show that the son and heir is a decent human being after all

and not someone caught up in a hidious murder that will likley follwing him for the years to come ...

now , do you get that ?

Just a quick search on the internet resulted in numerous ways the police allegedly tortured these two. Are there more claims?

interrogators said they would kill them

The interrogators told them to confess to the crime, and threatened to cut off their limbs, put them in a bag, and dump them in a river if they did not.

The police also threatened to tie the two boys to a tyre, pour petrol on it, and set it alight.

he was beaten and threatened with electrocution after refusing to confess

they had been scalded with boiling water during a police interrogation

they were forced to confess to the crimes after police punched and slapped them during interrogations.

They covered our heads with black plastic bags and threatened to stab us with a nail-like object

withdrawn their confessions claiming police beat it out of them.

As a side note, the health of the suspects was checked by at least three doctors from different organisations, including the Rights and Liberties Protection Department, who did not detect signs of physical assault.

"We prosecutors pay more attention to witness statements and evidence (not confessions)," said Thawatchai Siangjaew, director-general of the Office of Public Prosecution Region 8.

"More importantly, forensic evidence and statements given by medical doctors are treated as the most important elements when we decide whether or not to indictsuspects."

I think Water Torture, Electric Shock Torture, and Stripping them Naked and taking pictures of them to post on the Internet were some more they came up with. Not sure if anything is left besides Medieval Torture ones?

how about - if you don't say and do exactly what we tell you we cannot protect you while in jail, do you understand, now sign here. oh and we need a sperm sample from you by tomorrow morning

eventually they get legal representation who convince them to tell the truth, oh and in the west they would have had legal council with them at all interviews as a legal right.

Sperm collected and sent to labs and DNA typed way before these two were hauled in.

They are still around and were not scared to tell their lawyers and the embassy they were abused by police while they were also telling their representatives that yes in deed they committed the crimes.

That's something they have to explain to the satisfaction of the court. As the rtp have to do regarding the DNA evidence which as yet has not been substantiated, verified or validated. I trust this is a balanced response.

A new low plumbed.

Does anyone know why they couldn't use the police station to conduct the interviews and reverted to a "Safe House" and what is a Safe House. Safe from Screams being heard?

Just wondering as we had Ali'G JD GB and JTJ around at the moment and between them I am sure we can get a definitive answer whistling.gif

Lots of people mad at those responsible for this crime. Not unheard of for locals to swarm a police station when word gets out they have those responsible (why they had them in bullet proof vests and helmets while they reenacted the murders) but then again could have just been a private place where they wanted to possibly use some unconventional methods to get the truth out what they saw as two murdering rapists (animals). Bottom line, doesn't really mean anything to me except the confession "to police" should not hold weight but then again shouldn't in my opinion if they retracted it for any reason. Even if it was recorded, we clearly see a pattern on this thread of not believing video if it goes against what people want to believe. So if they retracted so be it, throw out the confession they gave to the police and let the other evidence including the DNA be used against them.

A new low plumbed.

He's shown his true colors here hasn't he? Hey John your racism is showing. My lord.

Wow, even more made up stories.. maybe!

JTJ now states that the sperm samples were collected and DNA typed BEFORE the B2 were arrested!!

HOW DOES HE KNOW??

Is he part of the investigation team or is it more speculation/lies that he cannot substantiate?

Tiome for this object to leave methinks.

He has no face on this forum, none at all.

LOL...... PMSL.. Unconventional methods hey... what was it then T and scones..

And despite the vests I didnt see anyone exhibit a single act of violence towards the accused. Thats unlike Thais as u may well know.

No I would say I just tinkled on your fire and put it out.. lol.. really read what u just said... ayeee god give me strength.

Not sure if I ever heard why the suspects in custody now, were detained the next day after the murders, released and then later re-arrested 2 weeks later and charged. These are the same three guys, two of witch are Win and Zaw Right.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760803-thai-police-hunt-killers-of-two-britons-found-beaten-to-death/

14108451033472.jpg

SURAT THANI, Sept 16 -- Three Myanmar labourers were brought in by the Thai authorities for questioning, after witnesses said the three men were seen drinking alcoholic drinks near the crime scene.

To Balo:

Strangely enough, according to that page which is not as credible as stickman, it as the Thai authorities who tried to close it down.

Do you not wonder why or do you assume they were trying to protect their citizens from slander and libel. not to mention defamation which they cannot

sue someone in America for, at least with the same ease?

Hannah Witheridge murder trial: Defence team hope to re-test ‘crucial’ forensic evidence

Not investigated

The senior police officer investigating the killing of Norfolk student Hannah Witheridge in Thailand said today that he had not investigated rumours that she had been involved in an argument with a Thai youth on the night of her death.

Police Colonel Cherdpong Chiewpreecha said he was aware of rumours the 23-year-old from Hemsby had an altercation inside the AC Bar, while she was there with friends. But he said neither he, nor his officers, actively followed up that line of enquiry.

The senior investigating officer did insist there was no evidence to suggest she was followed from the bar.

But the court was also told, of the 300 CCTV cameras in the area, 200 were not working, and only 22 captured any video images of the victims, and neither Ms Witheridge, nor fellow backpacker David Miller, 24, were seen alive again after entering the AC bar separately, between midnight and 2am, in the early hours of September 15 2014.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/hannah_witheridge_murder_trial_defence_team_hope_to_re_test_crucial_forensic_evidence_1_4164482

I just feel so sorry and sad for their parents, who are probably reading all the crap that you lot are spewing out.

You have taken this discussion to a level that is almost laughable and despicable.

You lot don't care that those two young people were murdered in the most horrific way - you just want to show how corrupt the police in Thailand are. You have no feelings at all.

Just another Farang murder in Thailand. Who cares who they were.

One of you even called her Victoria in one of his blundering posts. How disrespectful is that?

I, for one, do care. And if i could unsee those horrific photos i would.

Give a thought to their families and friends, please?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761069-hunt-for-killers-of-british-pair-goes-on-after-thai-police-free-myanmar-suspects/

quote name="dcutman" post="9669333" timestamp="1438003175"]

Not sure if I ever heard why the suspects in custody now, were detained the next day after the murders, released and then later re-arrested 2 weeks later and charged. These are the same three guys, two of witch are Win and Zaw Right.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760803-thai-police-hunt-killers-of-two-britons-found-beaten-to-death/

14108451033472.jpg

SURAT THANI, Sept 16 -- Three Myanmar labourers were brought in by the Thai authorities for questioning, after witnesses said the three men were seen drinking alcoholic drinks near the crime scene.

Deleted - don't feed the trolls

....but you need your daily vitamins and nutrition.

Food For Thought: Two guys are sitting on the sidewalk, bored. Erasmus looks down and sees some little things lying on the ground. He asks Julian what they are.

Julian: "dems are smart pills."

Erasmus: "you mean if I take 'em, they'll make me smart?"

Julian: "yea, go ahead."

Erasmus takes a handful, chews them, swallows them, then says, "hey man, those aren't smart pills. Those aren't even pills. they's rabbit poop."

Julian: "now you gettin' smart."

1.Does any rational thought really matter? Yes it does..a LOT

2. Police clearing him, That works.

3. Video of him in Bangkok, A few seconds when there should be a lot more but hey.. see number 2.

4. DNA tests clearing him, Not independently verified and no where where criminal DNA testing was licenced, but hey, see number 2.

5. Phone records that he was in Bangkok Can we see them? Can we prove it as his phone?? No? Ok see number 2.

6. there is no evidence that can prove his innocence (a bar not even required in a court) . No but there appears to be a LOT of circumstantial evidence that should be properly investigated. Failing that see number 2.

to the conspiracy theorist. On there other hand there is no rumor or speculation they will not say is fact to show the defendants are innocent. None of us know, ( and that includes you and the other shills) if they are guilty or not but would like ALL suspects to be properly investigated. If thats too much we will have to go back to number 2 eh?

You have no face left here John. better you find another hobby I think.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761069-hunt-for-killers-of-british-pair-goes-on-after-thai-police-free-myanmar-suspects/

14108451033472.jpg

Three male Myanmar migrant workers were held for questioning but ruled out of the probe later on Tuesday, southern regional police commander Panya Maman told AFP.

"They were very far from the scene... it was probably not them," he said, adding DNA samples had been collected from the men.

I find it very strange that their DNA did not become suspect until a full two weeks later. I find even more strange these guys had those two weeks to leave the Island and get back to Burma.

14108451033472.jpg

Three male Myanmar migrant workers were held for questioning but ruled out of the probe later on Tuesday, southern regional police commander Panya Maman told AFP.

"They were very far from the scene... it was probably not them," he said, adding DNA samples had been collected from the men.

I find it very strange that their DNA did not become suspect until a full two weeks later. I find even more strange these guys had those two weeks to leave the Island and get back to Burma.

I think these are different guys, this was discussed before and the majority of people were in agreement this was a separate group of Burmese.

Watching but not posting as the thread is going around in circles and the theories are getting even more bizzare.

Some interesting things have occurred though: JTJ has gone from nid noi credibility to absolute zero with his posting of links that are years out of date and his constant thumping on about what the victims families said months ago, asserting that they knew more than anyone else does. How does he know that? Did he see the evidence they were shown or was he just speculating? I do hope he is not going to start a conspiracy theory based on this.For his information the last statement made by the families declared they were keeping an open mind, so maybe a shift there?

JD seems to have all but abandoned ship, maybe to make way for the new GB who types at great length with little knowledge of the case, mistake after mistake but he does get a lot of words in those posts, mostly condescending and pseudo-intellectual, perhaps trying to prove he can write. Not sure. Maybe he could spend some time advising his 3 daughters of the dangers of backpacking in Asia rather than spending 24/7 on this thread.

Balo shoots himself in the foot and we forgive him because if we read the rest of his post, he was ‘serious’ in what he wrote. OK then..

The trial is where the action is and it has been quite revealing.

The altercation between the defence team and ‘senior’ police officers outside the courtroom speaks volumes about the strength, or lack of strength, of the prosecution case and it appears that running scared might well be a good phrase to describe the prosecution and RTP at this point.

Sad really, as I thing the majority of RTP do try to do a good job but the patronage system flooks everything up for them.

Edit for spelling. Bad boy.

Excellent post. Sorry I couldn't add a "like" but I've reached my limit for the day.

The altercation between the defence team and ‘senior’ police officers outside the courtroom speaks volumes about the strength, or lack of strength, of the prosecution case and it appears that running scared might well be a good phrase to describe the prosecution and RTP at this point.

Add to that the reported intimidation of the Thai translators working for the western press in an attempt to prevent them from reporting on this case. Unfortunately that has backfired too as it makes the western press (e.g. the UK Daily Mail) even more determined to tell the world what is really going on at this trial.

14108451033472.jpg

I think these are different guys, this was discussed before and the majority of people were in agreement this was a separate group of Burmese.

Sorry if I missed that page and adding to this monster thread. Even though the guy in the middle of the pic looks exactly like one of the suspects, there were two groups of three Burmese guys drinking near the scene that night? And both groups of three had broken I phone in there rooms?

How very coincidental.

The police confiscated four mobile phones from the suspects, one of which was a broken iPhone, and will examine them to determine if any of the phones belonged to the murdered victims.

3 sets of DNA, 2 suspects on trial, why is the Investigation concluded without the 3rd person also on trial? So a 3rd person who hasn't been identified, or found, could very well be the actual killer..

Yet again incorrect! I am with the B2 camp but if we don't get our facts right we will assist the prosecution. 2 strains of DNA found in 3 places on Hannah's body.

Sorry if I missed that page and adding to this monster thread. Even though the guy in the middle of the pic looks exactly like one of the suspects, there were two groups of three Burmese guys drinking near the scene that night? And both groups of three had broken I phone in there rooms?

How very coincidental.

The police confiscated four mobile phones from the suspects, one of which was a broken iPhone, and will examine them to determine if any of the phones belonged to the murdered victims.

It was discussed in a very early thread back in Oct 2014, but I was the same as you and suspected the same and who knows there may be something in it as it was never explained properly but sort of forgotten about, sorry it is relevant and adds to the whole confusion in this case with no clear answers except that we are watching the modern worlds worst ever Police Murder Investigation and Trial process. History in the making!!

It would be nice to know what you on about? You want me to figure it out from what you have written, figure out what?

man with the cash employes lawyer to sue those who are besmirching his families reputation.

man with the cash has last laugh as all and sundrey loose face and Cash when they have to retract those slurs when convincing evidence is offer

and not someone caught up in a hidious murder that will likley follwing him for the years to come ...

now , do you get that ?

They have already sued at least one newspaper, the Neawna. So pop goes the argument.

I believe the man behind CSI-LA has also had a case filed against him over this issue.

Fat Haggis states,

There's a lot of former coppers posting here from various countries, and I'm willing to bet that they too "theorise and speculate" when investigating crime scenes, and then start to collate evidence to substantiate their theories, or dismiss them.

The RTP also did this on many occasions, no two doubts about that.

To the former cops, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, how do you rate the RTP in the following areas, and why you rated them as such.

1. Crime scene cordon ?

2. Crime scene protection of evidence ?

3. Ability of the SOCO's to perform evidence protection/gathering and collating?

4. Media control and exposure of the day the crime was discovered.

5. Senior Command and control of the Investigation team. ( leaking of crime scene photos to a personal FB page)

6. Media control, of the theories offered by senior RTP officer? eg Killed in a Gay love triangle," No Thai could do this"

7. The investigation of the "family" involvement

8. The Investigation and arrest of the B2, where no Chain of custody records found.

9. The Interviews (not recorded) with a roti seller, and not an official from the Myanmar embassy?

10. The constant updates about percentage of completion.

11. The whole DNA fiasco.

and as former officers of the law, would you also have conducted the investigation in the same shonky manner in which the RTP seems to have done?

Why do you need to ask, I have read your posts and you have answered these questions on many occasions? Just for your information theorise is a synonym of speculate and means almost the same thing and no when I conducted an investigation I was not from the, "What If" brigade and did not speculate on anything. When dealing with crime you have to remember that you are dealing with peoples lives, so to speculate about something is never on the cards. So please don't bet or you would lose. And yes, once all the evidence is obtained, it is collated into what we called a Brief of Evidence, and then others who are responsible, check the brief and if more evidence is required, then you continue with the investigation in order to satisfy those requirements and then, and only then, if it has been approved, is an offender placed before the court.

Different applications are applied if you're Johnny on the spot, and have reasonable cause, then you can arrest someone, either hold them over night, if the matter is serious and put them before the court the next day, where they may or may not get bail. If it is not a serious crime and the person has no priors then the bail sergeant may give the alleged offender bail and set a date in the future for their court appearance. In other matters, even less serious, a person is not arrested but given a Court Attendance Notice upon which a date of their attendance at court is recorded as well as their details and details of the ofrence.

As a Police officer, we were required to know the law, the proofs required to establish that someone had committed an offence, beyond a reasonable doubt, in a court of law. The only speculation I see is on here. If a crime is reported, as an investigator, you are provided with a synopsis which details the alleged offence and victim/s details as well as those of the alleged offender, if known. From this you plan your line of inquiry in order to determine who needs to be interviewed, what additional inquiries need to be carried out if the matter is property related, the validity of the complaint, to ensure, depending on the crime, it is not a vexatious allegation, and then proceed to gather factual evidence in order to substantiate what has been alleged.

On occasions, I have found that the evidence, in my opinion, was insufficient to warrant prosecution, however, back home we had the best of both worlds, prosecutors to whom we submitted briefs, and who determined the strength of the evidence and whether or not a conviction would be gained. The other is DPP, who are qualified government lawyers, highly skilled and knowledgeable as to the application of the law, so at all times we were guided by people who were specialists in the area of law and prosecution. They also ensured that the brief was sound and that the arrest was done in accordance with the law and that officers would not leave themselves open to being critiqued by the court, or at the worst, sued for false arrest.

Lastly, No, I would have not conducted the investigation in the manner that it has been, then my protocols, the understanding of the law and the proofs required and what we were taught in the detectives course at the Police Academy, now a university degree in Policing, would prevent such events from occurring. Today, the NSW Police force is one of the most respected, highly trained and skilled police organisations in the world. I can say, however, that back in the 70's and 80's corruption was rife but a couple of Royal Commissions brought it to an abrupt halt, with many officers dismissed, others gaoled because of their corruption

Police are also now paid a reasonable salary, about A$60,000 for a probationary constable, and they are provided with all necessary equipment and encouraged to undertake specialist degrees to provide the necessary skills that are required in a modern day force. Paid for by the force. Now don't get me wrong, corruption still occurs but on a much reduced level and those involved are swiftly dealt with. Unfortunately, none of this is applicable to the RTP and although not condoning the corruption they get themselves involved in, one can understand why they do what they do and this is a sad indictment on the country of Thailand.

I have only covered the tip of the iceberg in relation to what is involved in the world of policing within the State of New South Wales, so I hope it gives you a better understanding of what coppers have to do. And that is not taking into account that everyday they go to work, never knowing if they will go home that night. You know, it's amusing that some people tend to hate cops and constantly criticise them but they are always the first port of call when help is needed if trouble comes their way.

now , do you get that ?

They have already sued at least one newspaper, the Neawna. So pop goes the argument.

I believe the man behind CSI-LA has also had a case filed against him over this issue.

David had a case filed against him, did he? Where was that reported? Did it happen when he was invited by the Thai Consul General to the 87th Birthday Celebration of King Bhumibol in Beverley Hills?

And what happened to Neawana, what did they get sued for? How much or what penalty did they receive??

post-223227-0-23508900-1438007006_thumb.

how about - if you don't say and do exactly what we tell you we cannot protect you while in jail, do you understand, now sign here. oh and we need a sperm sample from you by tomorrow morning

eventually they get legal representation who convince them to tell the truth, oh and in the west they would have had legal council with them at all interviews as a legal right.

Sperm collected and sent to labs and DNA typed way before these two were hauled in.

They are still around and were not scared to tell their lawyers and the embassy they were abused by police while they were also telling these representatives that yes in deed they committed the crimes while also downplaying their actions by saying things like they were drunk and didn't mean to kill them.

They don't even need to test the original DNA samples to bust the alleged framing.

Labs were running tests using the original DNA typing since a few days into the investigation, weeks before this men were arrested. All they'd have to do is find documentation showing that typing and/or a witness to testify that what they were comparing samples back then does not match the DNA from the men on trial since the only way they could had been framed would be to either ignore the original results or changed them after they were arrested.

As I said before, that would be quite easy and wouldn't even require the collaboration of the police, but so far what the defense seem to be doing is focusing in trying to discredit the collection of the samples, rather than the results (that and pandering to the fan base).

So you JTJ know that the interviews should have been recorded right?

Your excuse for the incompetence and un professionalism is that we here on TV wouldn't believe it should they have done what they should have done.

Step back JTJ and look at what you are defending. If there was nothing to hide there would be a video.

As we all know they need a little help with the prossers and should they be able to prove the admittance came without a little help they would surely want the world to see.

I just feel so sorry and sad for their parents, who are probably reading all the crap that you lot are spewing out.

You have taken this discussion to a level that is almost laughable and despicable.

You lot don't care that those two young people were murdered in the most horrific way - you just want to show how corrupt the police in Thailand are. You have no feelings at all.

Just another Farang murder in Thailand. Who cares who they were.

One of you even called her Victoria in one of his blundering posts. How disrespectful is that?

I, for one, do care. And if i could unsee those horrific photos i would.

Give a thought to their families and friends, please?

Are the families of the murdered more important than the families of the accused. Dont the accused families also deserve better?

Spare a thought for the accused and their families, they deserve a rigorous defence, as unpllatable as that may seem to some it is not only warranted but is necessary to ensure they are treated with fairness.

The deceased and their families deserve nothing less.

Chetzee states:-

now , do you get that ?

I got it in the first place I just wanted to see if you writing skills improved, and they have but so has you volatility, which seems to have affected you spelling and typing skills. In a hurry to give me a serve, were you? . So tell me what are you trying to say by posting all this when it is not relevant to what I stated. The facts are, even if people believe he was involved, he has not been charged with any offence, therefore, at this time, is deemed to be innocent of anything and is not required to justify anything to anyone or take any tests.

If the cops stuffed up, then it is they who have to be accountable, not me or others posting on here. If he has not been charged or convicted of any offence and people have defamed him, then he has the right, under law, to sue. Now I would dearly like to know how you have been able to bring what you have posted into the discussion, in particular, when what I said happens to be factual.. When someone states that they are not sticking up for him and that what has occurred happens in the real world means in the situation as it stands, anywhere, he is not required to justify himself in any manner, shape or form. If you don't like then that is your problem but don't come back at me as a SA but then maybe you don't know any better.

now , do you get that ?

get a grip AliJ ,

some inconsequential newspaper that to be honest i'd never heard of in 30 + years in and out of thaiand , and your belief that CSI-la is being sued .

what about having a go at the real protagonists ..... Panya , Sonti , BBK post , our very own DailyMAIL , and some other proper players ...

Archived