Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Chetzee states:-

let me spell it out to you ...

man with the cash has his reputation slurred

man with the cash employes lawyer to sue those who are besmirching his families reputation.

man with the cash has last laugh as all and sundrey loose face and Cash when they have to retract those slurs when convincing evidence is offer

to show that the son and heir is a decent human being after all

and not someone caught up in a hidious murder that will likley follwing him for the years to come ...

now , do you get that ?

I got it in the first place I just wanted to see if you writing skills improved, and they have but so has you volatility, which seems to have affected you spelling and typing skills. In a hurry to give me a serve, were you? . So tell me what are you trying to say by posting all this when it is not relevant to what I stated. The facts are, even if people believe he was involved, he has not been charged with any offence, therefore, at this time, is deemed to be innocent of anything and is not required to justify anything to anyone or take any tests.

If the cops stuffed up, then it is they who have to be accountable, not me or others posting on here. If he has not been charged or convicted of any offence and people have defamed him, then he has the right, under law, to sue. Now I would dearly like to know how you have been able to bring what you have posted into the discussion, in particular, when what I said happens to be factual.. When someone states that they are not sticking up for him and that what has occurred happens in the real world means in the situation as it stands, anywhere, he is not required to justify himself in any manner, shape or form. If you don't like then that is your problem but don't come back at me as a SA but then maybe you don't know any better.

like you said you got it in the first place .... u rights real wel pal but at my skool we were more concerned with learning common decency , fairplay , and tolerance . Spelling and grammer not big things in that hallowed institution .

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they would take action against Sondhi before CSILA but maybe there is a good reason why they won't.

Yes always worth posting this every now and again, I notice he also says that "at some point there was manipulation of evidence but we wont talk about that in this part"

Although this is damning testimony to what went on if true, which I believe it is, it does also appear he knows a lot more.

Another reminder:

When posting updates please stay within the forum rules:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.
Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.
Be advised content from CSI LA is not deemed as a credible news source. Posts containing content from CSI LA will simply continue to disappear.

Other posts and replies in violation of the following have been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Inflammatory posts and replies removed, you have every right to express your opinion about the topic. You may disagree, but it must be done in a civil manner.

Nice to hear from Ms Pontip in that video, post #5284. She's saying what I've been saying for months. All we, the general public, have to go on re; DNA is what top brass police announce. Nothing else. Thai police top brass have a thick agenda of shielding the Headman's people, and everything they do and say points at that.

Brit officials could help clear up some of the DNA mess, but thus far they've been as useful as a parking meter on Venus.

Nice to hear from Ms Pontip in that video, post #5284. She's saying what I've been saying for months. All we, the general public, have to go on re; DNA is what top brass police announce. Nothing else. Thai police top brass have a thick agenda of shielding the Headman's people, and everything they do and say points at that.

Brit officials could help clear up some of the DNA mess, but thus far they've been as useful as a parking meter on Venus.

I don't really see her backing off her statement at this point, I doubted her before but she's already said publicly she doesn't trust the results from the police alone. It's looking like the B2 may be cleared but chances of the actual killers being found are slim with little international support. :(

Here is an interesting news report with some new discrepancies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173235/Catalogue-police-blunders-including-failure-investigate-evidence-chase-suspects-revealed-court-judge-doubts-case-conclusive-outcome.html

The main gist of the article is that almost nothing was investigated and Investigating officer Cherdpong Chiewpreecha knows next to nothing about the case.

I can understand why the RTP would want to claim no investigation inside AC Bar. If they said an investigation occurred, they would need to answer questions about it. However, some of the points Cherdpong expressed ignorance about were quite unbelievable.

Is the prosecution trying deliberately to lose? If so, has a deal been struck (maybe even with the Burmese kids themselves) to ensure they are found not guilty if they promise to keep what they know to themselves? Any other possibilities?

Mmmm don't know what I think about you suggest but it's obviously a possibility. My feeling is at this stage it's just incompetence and they didn't allow for the media and interest from social media. Normally they would have got a free ride. Also it's not easy to lie and cover up something like this as you have to be very clever and cover every angle and the RTP are neither clever or able to successfully follow this through. Remember they have to completely invent a scenario and omit anyone they need to and still arrive at a conclusion framing the B2 and having the necessary evidence. Up to now they haven't shown any findings to link the B2.

Did you read the comments below.quote.

Burmese are easy targets and are routinely fitted up. I live in Bangkok hundreds of miles away and know the murderers name. I'm not writing it here but he is the son of a local senior official. He is no longer on the island.

Someone does not want anyone in Thailand to see the daily news article. It is very difficult to get accurate news about the trial here. There is so much for the government and the police to be covering up, there must be full time people appointeed to the task. Let the truth be unknown.

Wow, even more made up stories.. maybe!

JTJ now states that the sperm samples were collected and DNA typed BEFORE the B2 were arrested!!

HOW DOES HE KNOW??

Is he part of the investigation team or is it more speculation/lies that he cannot substantiate?

Tiome for this object to leave methinks.

He has no face on this forum, none at all.

Obviously the DNA was collected and typed before the arrested these two ... it was what they were comparing the hundreds of samples they took from islanders prior. It was also stated very early in the case that the DNA from the sperm matched that on the cigarettes --- So clearly they ran DNA testing ... unless of course there is some conspiracy I missed about how they never tested any DNA until they got these two.

A new low plumbed.

Does anyone know why they couldn't use the police station to conduct the interviews and reverted to a "Safe House" and what is a Safe House. Safe from Screams being heard?

Perhaps it was having major construction carried out at the time??

Just wondering as we had Ali'G JD GB and JTJ around at the moment and between them I am sure we can get a definitive answer whistling.gif

attachicon.gifPiggiesMightFly.jpg

Lots of people mad at those responsible for this crime. Not unheard of for locals to swarm a police station when word gets out they have those responsible (why they had them in bullet proof vests and helmets while they reenacted the murders) but then again could have just been a private place where they wanted to possibly use some unconventional methods to get the truth out what they saw as two murdering rapists (animals). Bottom line, doesn't really mean anything to me except the confession "to police" should not hold weight but then again shouldn't in my opinion if they retracted it for any reason. Even if it was recorded, we clearly see a pattern on this thread of not believing video if it goes against what people want to believe. So if they retracted so be it, throw out the confession they gave to the police and let the other evidence including the DNA be used against them.

He's shown his true colors here hasn't he? Hey John your racism is showing. My lord.

What race do you suspect I have a problem with? Nothing in my post talks about any race or my feeling towards any group unless you think I am putting down animals by comparing them to murdering rapists. And to be very clear I didn't call the defendants that (not yet found guilty) but was speaking of how the police may have viewed them. I know it is hard when in conspiracy mode to understand fact from fiction but please show that you have some dignity before calling somebody a racist based on your own imagination as opposed to anything said or done by the person you are calling a racist.

A new low plumbed.

Does anyone know why they couldn't use the police station to conduct the interviews and reverted to a "Safe House" and what is a Safe House. Safe from Screams being heard?

Just wondering as we had Ali'G JD GB and JTJ around at the moment and between them I am sure we can get a definitive answer whistling.gif

Lots of people mad at those responsible for this crime. Not unheard of for locals to swarm a police station when word gets out they have those responsible (why they had them in bullet proof vests and helmets while they reenacted the murders) but then again could have just been a private place where they wanted to possibly use some unconventional methods to get the truth out what they saw as two murdering rapists (animals). Bottom line, doesn't really mean anything to me except the confession "to police" should not hold weight but then again shouldn't in my opinion if they retracted it for any reason. Even if it was recorded, we clearly see a pattern on this thread of not believing video if it goes against what people want to believe. So if they retracted so be it, throw out the confession they gave to the police and let the other evidence including the DNA be used against them.

He's shown his true colors here hasn't he? Hey John your racism is showing. My lord.

What race do you suspect I have a problem with? Nothing in my post talks about any race or my feeling towards any group unless you think I am putting down animals by comparing them to murdering rapists. And to be very clear I didn't call the defendants that (not yet found guilty) but was speaking of how the police may have viewed them. I know it is hard when in conspiracy mode to understand fact from fiction but please show that you have some dignity before calling somebody a racist based on your own imagination as opposed to anything said or done by the person you are calling a racist.

You were clearly referencing the B2 in that post... Not whoever may be the killer. They were the only ones alleged to have been tortured, so to whom else might you have been referring to?

LOL...... PMSL.. Unconventional methods hey... what was it then T and scones..

And despite the vests I didnt see anyone exhibit a single act of violence towards the accused. Thats unlike Thais as u may well know.

No I would say I just tinkled on your fire and put it out.. lol.. really read what u just said... ayeee god give me strength.

Actually there have been numerous times defendants have been attacked while doing reenactments especially when it comes to these types of horrible crimes. Each time it happens there are demands the police stop doing these reenactments, at least announcing them in advance.

PMSL again ! JTJ " I know it is hard when in conspiracy mode to understand fact from fiction " .

so how are you getting along with the Panya news article .. that will prove he was on the move prior to 15 sept . or is that another fact from fiction issue ?

A new low plumbed.

You were clearly referencing the B2 in that post... Not whoever may be the killer. They were the only ones alleged to have been tortured, so to whom else might you have been referring to?

Yes clearly - what does that have to do with race? The defendants could be white, asian, black hispanic .... I really could care less. My comments still stand that one of the possible reasons police brought them to the safe house was to do what it took (legal or otherwise) to get the facts out of what they thought to be murdering rapists.

Watching but not posting as the thread is going around in circles and the theories are getting even more bizzare.

Some interesting things have occurred though: JTJ has gone from nid noi credibility to absolute zero with his posting of links that are years out of date and his constant thumping on about what the victims families said months ago, asserting that they knew more than anyone else does. How does he know that? Did he see the evidence they were shown or was he just speculating? I do hope he is not going to start a conspiracy theory based on this.For his information the last statement made by the families declared they were keeping an open mind, so maybe a shift there?

JD seems to have all but abandoned ship, maybe to make way for the new GB who types at great length with little knowledge of the case, mistake after mistake but he does get a lot of words in those posts, mostly condescending and pseudo-intellectual, perhaps trying to prove he can write. Not sure. Maybe he could spend some time advising his 3 daughters of the dangers of backpacking in Asia rather than spending 24/7 on this thread.

Balo shoots himself in the foot and we forgive him because if we read the rest of his post, he was ‘serious’ in what he wrote. OK then..

The trial is where the action is and it has been quite revealing.

The altercation between the defence team and ‘senior’ police officers outside the courtroom speaks volumes about the strength, or lack of strength, of the prosecution case and it appears that running scared might well be a good phrase to describe the prosecution and RTP at this point.

Sad really, as I thing the majority of RTP do try to do a good job but the patronage system flooks everything up for them.

Edit for spelling. Bad boy.

You have a good understanding there Dennis.

Thailand does not have a criminal justice system, instead they have a patronage system as you state.

Some days ago another poster itemised a list of ten recent cases in Thailand where rich kids have been involved in serious crime and not prosecuted. It is this patronage system which makes Thailand different. Police in the countries we mostly come from are paid by the state, not by the village or regional chieftains.

In this particular case, there are photos on this website of the man called Mon stepping over the rope which was supposed to cordon the crime scene and then appearing to be giving orders to the uniformed police. This is entirely understandable as pointed out above that he will be the man in charge on the ground. It is his family's patch and his family calls the shots..

Now to the problem. If Nomsod was in anyway involved, as suggested by Thais all over Thailand ( they understand this better than we do ) then there is no way in the world he could be arrested, because one of his own family is the the main overseer and director of the total investigation. In another country Mon would have to declare conflict of interest and remove himself from this case, but we are not in another country. It is under Mon's supervision that witnesses have been intimidated, interpreters threatened, prisoners tortured and the defense team harrassed on the courthouse steps. I wonder why?

Still awaiting an answer to my question. seems to been ignored by the RTP supporters. If this was a family member. Would you be happy with this investigation?

If you choose to ignore this post again I will name you directly. Man up and make a divinative statement. Yes or no please! Please do not use beliefs linked to irrevalant beliefs.

The question is very simple!

Why not look at what the actual victim's family have stated?

In statements released through Britain's Foreign Office, the victims' families said they had seen strong evidence against the suspects and expressed confidence in the case.

"There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us," Witheridge's family said in a statement.

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes."

On Friday the family of Miller criticised "increasing sensationalism of this story" and said that "speculation" should be suspended until all evidence is made public.

"From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing."

The families of Miller and Witheridge issued statements thanking police detectives for reviewing the case, and calling for the investigation to be allowed to take its course, The Guardian reported.

Miller's family said: "We would like to express our relief that progress is being made in Thailand and this case is finally coming to court."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/UK-families-say-Koh-Tao-case-looks-convincing-30249283.html

Yes John, thanks for posting that for the 13th time. We've seen it. It was one member of one family who made that statement. It was 8 months ago. A lot's happened in 8 months. The statement was made based on lies the family was told, by people who were told lies in Thailand. Lies built upon lies.

Actually I am seeing two families make statements abive. Here are some statements from just weeks ago too ...

"Please allow the police and the court to do their jobs during the coming weeks and months. We, of course, want to see those responsible for the brutal murder of our precious girl brought to justice." [/size]

The victims' families have also previously said they have confidence in the case after British investigators reported back to them following a visit to Thailand late last year.[/size]

"This pain will remain a part of us for the rest of our lives. We have borne our thoughts in silence, as we have not wanted to influence any court proceedings, but simply want to see justice done fairly and openly. We ask the media to afford David and Hannah dignity in the reporting of this trial and also that we are given privacy and respect while we battle with our emotions during the difficult weeks ahead." - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/accused-koh-tao-murder-case-want-independently-test-forensic-[/size]

Again not much sense in asking people to speculate on if this were there kids when the actually were somebody's kids and they have expressed their thoughts about the case as well as the idiotic, uniformed and hurtful speculation all for some online users to get their jollies

Yes JTJ I often wonder how they must feel every time you mention the Burmese sperm found inside their daughter.

Is that how you get your jollies ?

Oh and not forgetting a lot has changed since those statements were made. 6 days in court so far an no evidence to suggest the Burmese did it.

Didn't David's father say he was keeping an open mind ? Read into that what you will.

If Nomsod was in anyway involved, as suggested by Thais all over Thailand ( they understand this better than we do ) then there is no way in the world he could be arrested, because one of his own family is the the main overseer and director of the total investigation.

He was publicly named as a suspect and arrested and like so many other people were publicly accused as evidence pointed to them early on, he was cleared.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon. He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao. He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

3 sets of DNA, 2 suspects on trial, why is the Investigation concluded without the 3rd person also on trial? So a 3rd person who hasn't been identified, or found, could very well be the actual killer..

Yet again incorrect! I am with the B2 camp but if we don't get our facts right we will assist the prosecution. 2 strains of DNA found in 3 places on Hannah's body.

I will stand corrected on this, although I do recall reading here on TVF there was 3 separate DNA's,2 from Semen samples and the cigarette butt, allegedly matched the accused,but wasn't there a 2nd set of DNA found on the same cigarette butt? Which is very odd, as Hannah did NOT smoke according to her friends and family.

However, as I said, I'm more than happy to stand corrected.

from the daily mail.

September 18: Police claim DNA from two men alongside that of Miss Witheridge has been discovered on a cigarette butt 50 yards from where the 23-year-old's body was found.

They say traces of at least one man's DNA has been found on Miss Witheridge's body. Later it transpires there is evidence of one man's DNA on the cigarette, and of two men in the victim's body.

It is suggested David Miller was killed with a blunt piece of metal and not the rusty garden hoe first discovered at the scene and named as a murder weapon.

3 sets of DNA, 2 suspects on trial, why is the Investigation concluded without the 3rd person also on trial? So a 3rd person who hasn't been identified, or found, could very well be the actual killer..

Yet again incorrect! I am with the B2 camp but if we don't get our facts right we will assist the prosecution. 2 strains of DNA found in 3 places on Hannah's body.

I will stand corrected on this, although I do recall reading here on TVF there was 3 separate DNA's,2 from Semen samples and the cigarette butt, allegedly matched the accused,but wasn't there a 2nd set of DNA found on the same cigarette butt? Which is very odd, as Hannah did NOT smoke according to her friends and family.

However, as I said, I'm more than happy to stand corrected.

At one point I believe it was reported her DNA was on the cigarette too (not sure if that is still being claimed/reported) but realize she would not have needed to smoke or touch the cigarette to have her DNA be transferred to it.

I this topic going to be a record breaker???

Now over 5200 posts in less than 20 days and if the trail ends in October that another 60 day plus, that going to be 20,000 plus posts... probably a lot higher. coffee1.gif

It's not about the victims or the suspects, it's mainly about egotism.

coffee1.gif

Erm.. I clicked like as I share your sentiments but.. i is egoism.. not egotism. Sorry.. I'm not really grammar police.

egotism
ˈɛɡətɪz(ə)m,ˈiː-/
noun
noun: egotism
the fact of being excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself.

Here's an update on the latest from the "perfect case" that the RTP put together.

http://news.sky.com/story/1523975/police-never-checked-cctv-after-britons-killed

Police failed to check CCTV images of a boat leaving a beach close to where two British backpackers were found murdered, a Thai court has heard.

There were gasps in the courtroom as Police Colonel Cherdpong Chiewpreecha revealed a series of apparent blunders in the investigation into the deaths of David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, on the island of Koh Tao.

The court in Koh Samui heard that the senior investigating police chief and his officers did not believe the killer would have taken that boat, which left an hour or so after the estimated time of death of the pair.

You can't make this shit up!....... How can people on here defend the RTP Clowns?

Un-effin-believable!!! Seems like all the most important bits of the investigation and crime scene data collection and analysis went into the "too hard" basket or were ignored early on based upon assumptions.

Shocking revelations in that article. No wonder there were gasps in the courtroom.

Seems as though their "ironclad" case has more holes than a sieve.

Have rtp actually done a single thing correctly? I mean....anything at all? One ballsup after another.

PMSL again ! JTJ " I know it is hard when in conspiracy mode to understand fact from fiction " .

so how are you getting along with the Panya news article .. that will prove he was on the move prior to 15 sept . or is that another fact from fiction issue ?

He's hoping you'll forget!

The court was told officers had inspected it with a magnifying glass but deemed there were no viable fingerprints on it, and no DNA evidence to collect.

http://news.sky.com/story/1523975/police-never-checked-cctv-after-britons-killed

attachicon.gifH12.jpg

Get the <deleted>*k, I cant believe this is happening. I have to admit as soon as I read that I laughed out loud until I remembered the victims families and the B2. This is outrageous incompetence and neglect of duty. It really cant get worse can it? Yes it probably can and will.

Since I've seen a video were police are swabbing the hoe to collect DNA evidence the statement is wrong or, once again, a "miscommunication".

swabbing it or cleaning it?

The court was told officers had inspected it with a magnifying glass but deemed there were no viable fingerprints on it, and no DNA evidence to collect.

attachicon.gifH12.jpg

Get the <deleted>*k, I cant believe this is happening. I have to admit as soon as I read that I laughed out loud until I remembered the victims families and the B2. This is outrageous incompetence and neglect of duty. It really cant get worse can it? Yes it probably can and will.

Since I've seen a video were police are swabbing the hoe to collect DNA evidence the statement is wrong or, once again, a "miscommunication".

swabbing it or cleaning it?

That picture was fairly widely published early on of a cop with a gloved hand taking a swab sample off the hoe but can't find it doing an image search. Isn't there mention of a club now too? That is why I wanted to find the picture to make sure it was the hoe. Just recall it was a fairly tight shot and just assumed it was the hoe handle at the time.

I actually find it amusing. The conspiracy theory that Panya, who cleared all the people folks here suspect were involved, was transferred Oct 1 as planned with MANY other police officials on what is the yearly shuffle of police bosses. This is the guy under whose management of the case drew international criticism and announced the impending arrests of the two defendants but now conspiracy folks want to believe he was running the case well and that is why he was transferred despite the fact the October transfers are decided a month in advance and the promotions require royal approval. This is one of those very comical conspiracy theories were all sense of reality is ignored.

I actually find it amusing. The conspiracy theory that Panya, who cleared all the people folks here suspect were involved, was transferred Oct 1 as planned with MANY other police officials on what is the yearly shuffle of police bosses. This is the guy under whose management of the case drew international criticism and announced the impending arrests of the two defendants but now conspiracy folks want to believe he was running the case well and that is why he was transferred despite the fact the October transfers are decided a month in advance and the promotions require royal approval. This is one of those very comical conspiracy theories were all sense of reality is ignored.

JTJ

You may be right , but the original question still remains unanswered

attachicon.gifjtj.JPG

I recommend to do this if you want peace and quiet from utter ridiculous comments.

Great idea!........... Now for the rest of the Glee club!

Have you seen this......http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

posted just 10 minutes ago......

And the follow up article. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run Mafia connections came into play by then..

btw the forensic scientist is brilliant and a complete pitbull. She'll really hurt the prosecution case

JTJ

You may be right , but the original question still remains unanswered

Only looking for proof of what you stated, Can't be that hard can it to back up what you wrote?

If it's not fact I'd be inclined to think your misleading people for a reason!

how about - if you don't say and do exactly what we tell you we cannot protect you while in jail, do you understand, now sign here. oh and we need a sperm sample from you by tomorrow morning

eventually they get legal representation who convince them to tell the truth, oh and in the west they would have had legal council with them at all interviews as a legal right.

Sperm collected and sent to labs and DNA typed way before these two were hauled in.

They are still around and were not scared to tell their lawyers and the embassy they were abused by police while they were also telling these representatives that yes in deed they committed the crimes while also downplaying their actions by saying things like they were drunk and didn't mean to kill them.

They don't even need to test the original DNA samples to bust the alleged framing.

Labs were running tests using the original DNA typing since a few days into the investigation, weeks before this men were arrested. All they'd have to do is find documentation showing that typing and/or a witness to testify that what they were comparing samples back then does not match the DNA from the men on trial since the only way they could had been framed would be to either ignore the original results or changed them after they were arrested.

As I said before, that would be quite easy and wouldn't even require the collaboration of the police, but so far what the defense seem to be doing is focusing in trying to discredit the collection of the samples, rather than the results (that and pandering to the fan base).

Correct me I'm wrong but the defense can't discount the DNA up to now because despite many many requests as far as I know they haven't seen it yet ceartainly up to the last court day they hadn't!

So it's quite clear though why up to now there just concentrating on the collection of DNA.

Archived