Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

I can't even remember what the final "official" alibi is of NS.

Did not his father also claim that the boy had not been home "in months", despite unsubstantiated rumours that he was on the island that night.

A picture from a friend of Hannahs on the night would be a great spanner in the works if it exists.

Thai'Chili, I also read a post in Thai of the attempted rape by that dude. Was it her relating her story to a certain FB page?

I can't even remember what the final "official" alibi is of NS.

Did not his father also claim that the boy had not been home "in months", despite unsubstantiated rumours that he was on the island that night.

Yes its all very cloudy as to when the official line is that he left the Island. The reason I ask is that I also saw yesterday for the first time a post, again in Thai of one of the local DJ's who had tagged Nomsods name as being in the AC bar on the 12th Sept.

Thai'Chili, I also read a post in Thai of the attempted rape by that dude. Was it her relating her story to a certain FB page?

Yes it was relating to her allegations, I think you are referring to the same post I saw and I've taken a screenshot

No shit, well there's a way for these idiots to undo themselves. I guess though it doesn't matter - as he isn't on trial. Is that post up on said FB page?

No but if you send me a PM I can tell you where it is

I have a screenshot of that do you think we should put it up ?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to throw into the mix: When asked his views Sean MCMystery said words to the effect :

"Check which 3 people did not come to work at the *** bar the next day."

It was at this time there was much speculation about 2 bouncers at this bar, one referred to as 'shark tooth ring.'

Reports stated that they both left the island that day.

Very little has been said about them since.

Just a reminder.

Where are they now I wonder?

Are what in Mr Big Ears Cop up to these days, never judge a book by it's cover ...BUT that's look's like one nasty, vicious and untrustworthy man.

I just went to Koh Tao recently and corruption is still the status quo. So what happened to the crackdown on corruption? Or did it get get cracked up?

700 police and army raid on Samui in March... I thought it was the start of something... But now I just think it was a crackdown on rival firms.

Their will be no justice for Hannah or David, incompetence and corruption has made it impossible to convict anyone for these murders with indisputable evidence.

Have the RTP ever checked the mobile phone records of "people" of interest at the time of the murders?

It would be a very simple process to check there true location on the night.

It would be very simple. ie if you were in Bangkok at the time of the murders, it would be simpler and far cheaper than a DNA test to prove your whereabouts.

And as the RTP have publicly stated they are under severe budget restrictions...ie the victims crime scene photos are no longer available due to budget restrictions.

We all know the answer to that Boris. These guys would have been crying out to prove their non-involvement and as you say there are many ways that could be done.

Lets wait with bated breath for the moment becasue maybe the defence do have some aces up their sleeves that are best kept until after the Police have said their piece.

We all know the answer to that Boris. These guys would have been crying out to prove their non-involvement and as you say there are many ways that could be done.

Lets wait with bated breath for the moment becasue maybe the defence do have some aces up their sleeves that are best kept until after the Police have said their piece.

We Do know the answer, but....

In any civilised country the defence would seek that information.

In any civilised country the Police would seek that information.

In any civilised country the press of the said country would seek that information.

In any civilised country the public would DEMAND justice.

Is Thailand civilised...lets see.....

Just to throw into the mix: When asked his views Sean MCMystery said words to the effect :

It was at this time there was much speculation about 2 bouncers at this bar, one referred to as 'shark tooth ring.'

Just a reminder.

Shark tooth man returned after the B2 were arrested, he's also got form, been accused of rape before by a HiSo Thai model, cant post that as its in Thai

He was very close with Hannah in this photo at the Koh Tao Pub Crawl event just two days before she gets murdered. Did Hannah go alone to this party? Does he has an alibi for the 14th to the 15th September? Did the Police ever ask him about when he returned to Koh Tao? I think it is also a part of a police investigation to go after information regarding to this.

Are there any members, absolutely any members that still declare their belief that the 2 on trial are the guilty parties?

Yes , there are. My personal opinion is that they could be guilty of murder or involved in some way , but they could also be innocent. I said before I give them a 50/50 chance . And I do not believe in all the BS I read in this and other threads.

Just a reminder.

Shark tooth man returned after the B2 were arrested, he's also got form, been accused of rape before by a HiSo Thai model, cant post that as its in Thai

Would be interesting to know where he was the night of the murder. He was very close with Hannah in this photo at the Koh Tao Pub Crawl event just two days before she gets murdered. Did Hannah go alone to this party? Does he has an alibi for the 14th to the 15th September? Did the Police ever ask him about when he returned to Koh Tao? I think it is also a part of a proper police investigation to go after information regarding to this.

I'm not entirely sure that's the same guy to be honest, very similar but not him in my opinion.

Have the RTP ever checked the mobile phone records of "people" of interest at the time of the murders?

It would be a very simple process to check there true location on the night.

It would be very simple. ie if you were in Bangkok at the time of the murders, it would be simpler and far cheaper than a DNA test to prove your whereabouts.

And as the RTP have publicly stated they are under severe budget restrictions...ie the victims crime scene photos are no longer available due to budget restrictions.

Depends on what information phone companies are required to retain and for how long, and whether his their phone(s) were registered.

Just a reminder.

Would be interesting to know where he was the night of the murder. He was very close with Hannah in this photo at the Koh Tao Pub Crawl event just two days before she gets murdered. Did Hannah go alone to this party? Does he has an alibi for the 14th to the 15th September? Did the Police ever ask him about when he returned to Koh Tao? I think it is also a part of a proper police investigation to go after information regarding to this.

I'm not entirely sure that's the same guy to be honest, very similar but not him in my opinion.

very similar...i think you can see the marks on his forehead.

I dunno, I zoomed in but it's still inconclusive in my eyes. I couldn't really see his birthmarks, just shadow i thought. Could be wrong.

I always thought he had been photoshopped in that pic. Surprisingly i've just been on the fb page and the pic is still there.

I dunno, I zoomed in but it's still inconclusive in my eyes. I couldn't really see his birthmarks, just shadow i thought. Could be wrong.

So do i. But you also said 'very similar'! In a high profile murder case like this nobody should just ignore 'similarities' but investigate. Because the fact he left the island after the murder and returned when the 2B get arrested makes this photo more important and himself more suspicious. He is definitely on my list of suspects.

So do i. But you also said 'very similar'! In a high profile murder case like this nobody should just ignore 'similarities' but investigate. Because the fact he left the island after the murder and returned when the 2B get arrested makes this photo more important and himself more suspicious. He is definitely on my list of suspects.

Yes I agree. I would consider him a person of interest, and the police should investigate any similarities but I think the guy in the pub crawl photo is a different guy.

I don't envy real detectives (not the RTP) when seeing how frustrating it can be trying to draw all these little bits and pieces together.

I always thought he had been photoshopped in that pic. Surprisingly i've just been on the fb page and the pic is still there.

PS for what ? This photo has been uploaded 12. Sept 2014 !

Yes its in this photo album of the Koh Tao pub crawl https://www.facebook.com/195259667186954/timeline/story?ut=43&wstart=1388563200&wend=1420099199&hash=-3036693770833654316&pagefilter=3

Yes I agree. I would consider him a person of interest, and the police should investigate any similarities but I think the guy in the pub crawl photo is a different guy.

I don't envy real detectives (not the RTP) when seeing how frustrating it can be trying to draw all these little bits and pieces together.

Important correlations before a crime can often be revealing. Very little has been reported and investigated. What friendships Hannah and David had in Koh Tao and what do their friends have to say about this ?

The weight will always swing towards the police account despite DNA being used up, so the B2 really need the defence to throw a spanner in the works by introducing new evidence to dispute the version of events and I have a hunch that's what's going on now. I know they had they Autopsy results and it will have included the X-Rays.

I agree with much you are saying, especially that nobody here knows for sure, as we are not privy to certain information. Such as Evidence or Witnesses that may be brought forward to testify in court. I believe it was mentioned that the Prosecution has about 65 Witnesses, and the Defense 20, so probably why the Prosecution needs more time in court. But we are only just a few days into this trial that is expected to last until September and a verdict in October. So we have barely scratched the surface so far.

It has been mentioned in the Media that 1 of the accuse (I believe Lin) had dyed his hair back to Black from Blonde after the murders. We only have grainy poor CCTV to decide this but I am sure that if this is true it would be easy enough to prove by witnesses on the Island who knew him. Who worked with him every day.

There is also mentioned some CCTV Footage of a suspicious looking man go back and forth to the crime scene. I have not seen this footage, but it would not be uncommon for the Police to withhold evidence in and ongoing murder trail. In fact I would be surprised if they did not.

A popular misconception is that the Prosecution doesn't have DNA Evidence. Of course they do, as well as the Defense Team having access to it to. How else can the Defense Team make claim there are discrepancies between the DNA collected in the UK and that of Thailand if they did not have this to compare to?

I agree the Families may not see "irrefutable evidence". Could not a good Defense Lawyer contest any evidence you may have as a Prosecutor? So all they can do is listen and watch then when it is all over make there own conclusions. They have mentioned that they would like a fair and transparent trail, but also they were privy to some evidence we have not seen or heard about yet. They have mentioned that the Prosecution appears to have a strong and convincing case for the Defense to answer to.

Yes, I do agree with you that the Defense will need to throw a big spanner in the works in this case to turn the tide. Whether they have that or not is unknown at this time. It is unfortunate that the DNA was used up in this case, but it is what it is. There have been cases where evidence was actually lost in USA appeal trials, where even though this evidence could have have proven their innocents, it did nothing to overturn their sentence. I don't understand that if there was DNA collected from Hannah in the UK why they just don't get samples from the 2 accused and try to match them there? But there must be a good reason which I am unaware of or otherwise I think they would have done that already. .

This highlighted section is both inaccurate and misleading. The prosecution has the reported DNA results, not the samples (because they've been lost or finished). The defence cannot contest the accuracy (or not) of the reports because they cannot re-test the samples. What they can do, is to say the UK tests do not accord with the prosecution's reports.

As Andy Hall says (in essence), the 'evidence' is worth zilch because it cannot be substantiated/verified/validated.

Is that clear?

The first time I saw this picture it was posted on here I suppose about Oct last year. There were many pics been posted at the time and I mistakenly thought it was PS'd.

Maybe as he's the only Thai looking person in the pic anyway as it is still posted on the Koh Tao pub crawl facebook page that says it was posted there on Sept 12th I was obviously mistaken.

Just a reminder.

Who is shark tooth guy? Chappie who posed with the hoe? or someone else?

Just a reminder.

Shark tooth man, different to the hoe guy

post-223227-0-86235000-1437038945_thumb.

Just a reminder.

Shark tooth man, different to the hoe guy

It's not very important, but ...Shark tooth? I think this is a stingray spine ring.

'widely prized by the Thai and many others as symbol of luck.The large peak of the spine is also symbolic of prosperity,and a form of protection from evil.'http://968341712682304054.weebly.com/jewellery.html

The police guy chasing Sean does have almost the same one.

Archived