Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

The next day court day, the 22nd, may be a more appropriate time to get back to it.

Then why keep posting JTJ? Oh I forgot, someone has to stand up for the most suspicious characters on that island.

Dude, check the name in the box, I'm not JTJ. Preaching to the choir.

Edited by Rykbanlor

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the lady who said she cleaned blood of sean the night of the murder ?, then there was the video of him leaving the island with blood on the guitar ? they said they tested it and it wasn't his, do you think there is a chance he went home cleaned the victims blood of his guitar and then put his blood on it as an alibi ? why would you be on the run because the local mafia are going to frame you for murder with a blood stained guitar ?

Possible, but:

1. I would have thought it very difficult to remove all traces of blood from a guitar.
  2. If the guitar had been cleaned recently, I think that would have been noticed.

Just a long-shoot theory.

Edited by Basil B

The next day court day, the 22nd, may be a more appropriate time to get back to it.

Then why keep posting JTJ? Oh I forgot, someone has to stand up for the most suspicious characters on that island.

Dude, check the name in the box, I'm not JTJ.

Sorry for confusion Ryk - was addressing the 'like' that JTJ gave on your post.

Perhaps we should be asking why so many on this Forum seem to care so much about this case, to the extent that there are pages and pages

of, sometimes salacious, detail and pointless speculation?

It's a horrible murder and there has been plenty of typical mishandling, cock-ups and potential corruption or malpractice, but that's hardly

unusual in this part of the world. Is it just because the victims were British and attractive?

Er, you seem to have your facts screwed up in your last sentence. If that was the case then any suitable suspect would be good enough surely?

A statement by the PM at the onset of the investigation by the RTP

"If we rush them [the police] too much, the wrong suspects will be arrested. We're trying to base the probe on scientific evidence as much as we can, and no one will be made a scapegoat."

This is coming back to haunt him

Edited by thailandchilli

Ouuuuuweee - TIME is the biggest circulation Eng.Lang (or any lang?) weekly news mag in the world. So I reckon RTP echoers will be compelled to add them to the conspiracy of the 99% of us - who are unraveling what PM Parut calls 'The perfect investigation. That article is like a hand grenade in TAT's welcoming lobby. Wake up Thai officialdom, the longer you prolongue the frame-up, the deeper and smellier the doo doo you'll be swimming in. Men mag mag.

Conditions??? This was 100% purely volunteered in an attempt to calm the social media sleuths and their absurd conspiracy theories. The police were not seeking his DNA as they already cleared him and confirmed he wasn't on the island.

What's it going to take for ordinarily smart people like JTJ and GB to admit they've been wrong all along? Do you need a tear-filled admission of guilt from Nomsod on national TV? You won't get that, but nearly every other indication of a frame-up / cover-up has been served your way. I naively thought last week's blatant screw-ups by Thai officials would be enough to convince RTP echoers that they were on the wrong train, but apparently that made no dent in their warped outlooks.

JTJ and GOLDBUGGY, conveniently seem to forget a few things:

In the ORIGINAL investigation, the head police honcho CLEARLY STATED that they had "strong evidence" that linked both Mon and Namsod to the crime. Remember that?

Then, out of nowhere, said police was quickly yanked from the investigation, given a promotion and shifted to a desk in BKK, and another police big wig was appointed, and IMMEDIATELY cleared the original 2 suspects.

The police were flatly denied the cctv videos from the bar of the night in question.

Mon was supposedly in BKK at university for serious exams, but questions reveal that he didn't even show up for those exams. Now, why is that?

Mon and Namson flatly refused to take DNA test for weeks, before finally agreeing to, but on THEIR conditions. And, surprisingly, their results were back in 4 HOURS, which is impossible to do.

In earlier reports there were also comments from some of his school chums that when he did report to class, they saw multiple scratches (like those from a fight) on his arms.

There's more, but these two individuals (JTJ & GB) are either so ignorant to accept facts, or have serious "connections" to K.T., that they will deny anything and everything that in any way viably connects Mon, Namsod, and the Big Cheese on the island to these horrendous murders, but will wholeheartedly swallow any pill of unverifiable circumstantial and bull crap evidence against the B2.

As already been stated earlier , it is possible to do a DNA test in 4 hours . There are several ways to do this. hwww.bbc.com/news/science-environment-10873706

We do not know what kind of testing they use at the DNA labs in Bangkok.

Do you want to test Nomsod again ? But you don't trust DNA labs in Thailand right ? It's all a conspiracy to you. Thailand against the rest of the world.

Nomsod do not deserve any more attention now , try to find the real killers instead.

Maybe you can try google and see what the latest gossip is on social media.

It is possible if you have the technology but the RTP doesnt have it, then it does, then doesnt, then does. It takes 48 hrs, no 24 hrs, no we mean 4 hrs. Think you get my drift!

As has been reported for the last 6 days that the judge just ordered all the evidence be sent to the Justice Ministry's Central Institute of Forensic Science to be retested in line with a defence request.

Must we really continue to play this game of what has been widely reported vs what you want to pretend has not?

It will never be all the samples. The judge knows which side of his toast is buttered. At best, only a very few samples will be allowed to be tested (thus far, 3 of 100+ items), and even then, it will be tight parameters. No farang will be allowed to be involved with testing - only someplace like ' the Justice Ministry's Central Institute of Forensic Science' (JTJ's words). ha ha. Might as well have head cop Somyot take the samples to his house and test them by his kitchen sink. ....and of course, we can trust him, 'cause he's got no agenda in this case, ha ha ha.

The court will certainly not allow any testing of any samples related to the Headman's people. So John, what's your definition of 'all' ?

JTJ and GOLDBUGGY, conveniently seem to forget that in the ORIGINAL investigation, the head police honcho CLEARLY STATED that they had "strong evidence" that linked both Mon and Namsod to the crime. Remember that? Then, out of nowhere, said police was quickly yanked from the investigation, given a promotion and shifted to a desk in BKK, and another police big wig was appointed, and IMMEDIATELY cleared the original 2 suspects.

The police were flatly denied the cctv videos of the night in question.

Mon was supposedly in BKK at university for serious exams, but questions reveal that he didn't even show up for those exams. Now, why is that?

Mon and Namson flatly refused to take DNA

Only you seem to be forgetting the police accused a lot of people in the beginning (inlcuding a friend of the victim who they say they found blood on his clothes) and said a lot of other things that turned out to be incorrect. You also seem to be forgetting the fact, which has been repeated numerous times and linked to on these threads, that the the move in command was planned and announced prior to the murders and took place on the exact date they said it would prior to the move.

As for the rest of your post, it too is nonsense and it gets old correcting such nonsense as it will just be deflected and ignored so it can be repeated again and again.

Yes, the police had lots of suspects in the early days, even claiming to have "strong" evidence. They subsequently cleared these suspects and you are happy to accept their word that they mistakenly fingered these suspects. Why is it that you don't think it's possible that the RTP could have also made mistakes in accusing the B2?

Like mistakenly having the lab confirm their semen was in the victim?

well you can claim that as do the RTP, but if I was representing the accused then I would want to have that evidence verified which I would have every right to do, unfortunately it seems that is not possible which means by any standards that I am aware of - the DNA evidence is inadmissible in court and should be excluded - and by excluded I mean never allowed to be presented by the prosecution, it really is that simple

We do not know what kind of testing they use at the DNA labs in Bangkok.

First they take the sample.

Then they check the bank account of a trusted relative.

The results are then given accordingly.

coffee1.gif

Dude, check the name in the box, I'm not JTJ.

Sorry for confusion Ryk - was addressing the 'like' that JTJ gave on your post.

No problem my dear fellow.

Ouuuuuweee - TIME is the biggest circulation Eng.Lang (or any lang?) weekly news mag in the world. So I reckon RTP echoers will be compelled to add them to the conspiracy of the 99% of us - who are unraveling what PM Parut calls 'The perfect investigation. That article is like a hand grenade in TAT's welcoming lobby. Wake up Thai officialdom, the longer you prolongue the frame-up, the deeper and smellier the doo doo you'll be swimming in. Men mag mag.

Conditions??? This was 100% purely volunteered in an attempt to calm the social media sleuths and their absurd conspiracy theories. The police were not seeking his DNA as they already cleared him and confirmed he wasn't on the island.

What's it going to take for ordinarily smart people like JTJ and GB to admit they've been wrong all along? Do you need a tear-filled admission of guilt from Nomsod on national TV? You won't get that, but nearly every other indication of a frame-up / cover-up has been served your way. I naively thought last week's blatant screw-ups by Thai officials would be enough to convince RTP echoers that they were on the wrong train, but apparently that made no dent in their warped outlooks.

I would be looking at the two bouncers that went missing/fled and Mon - Nomsod would be a follow up at some point, but never going to happen, that would be if the current case is blown apart which from what we have seen so far is likely to happen

JTJ and GOLDBUGGY, conveniently seem to forget that in the ORIGINAL investigation, the head police honcho CLEARLY STATED that they had "strong evidence" that linked both Mon and Namsod to the crime. Remember that? Then, out of nowhere, said police was quickly yanked from the investigation, given a promotion and shifted to a desk in BKK, and another police big wig was appointed, and IMMEDIATELY cleared the original 2 suspects.

Only you seem to be forgetting the police accused a lot of people in the beginning (inlcuding a friend of the victim who they say they found blood on his clothes) and said a lot of other things that turned out to be incorrect. You also seem to be forgetting the fact, which has been repeated numerous times and linked to on these threads, that the the move in command was planned and announced prior to the murders and took place on the exact date they said it would prior to the move.

As for the rest of your post, it too is nonsense and it gets old correcting such nonsense as it will just be deflected and ignored so it can be repeated again and again.

Yes, the police had lots of suspects in the early days, even claiming to have "strong" evidence. They subsequently cleared these suspects and you are happy to accept their word that they mistakenly fingered these suspects. Why is it that you don't think it's possible that the RTP could have also made mistakes in accusing the B2?

Gwen, JTJ is trying to confuse the issue by saying 'the police had lots of suspects in the early days' Sure, they had a few for a few hours each, including a visiting football team. But there's one guy (Mon) they questioned in private for 3 hours - the same guy who refused to allow cops to see CCTV from his bar, and the same guy who claimed it was himself on Running Man video (a ridiculous claim that no one really believes). And there was of course his nephew, Nomsod, who hid from police, and then refused to get his DNA tested. Those were THE TWO PRIME SUSPECTS in the early course of the investitionl. And they should still be the prime suspects, if reason, objectivity and justice prevailed.

Side topic: Computers already do so many services: manufacturing, cleaning, booking flights, surgery, rocket trajectories. Now there's talk in Farangland of computers being programmed to do court/trial duties. In Farangland they would program the computers to be objective, and only look at solid evidence. However, if it was a trial in Thailand, the computers would need to be programmed to adhere to the social stratification of Thai society. Objectivity would not play a part. The computer would have to be fed data on defendants' / litigants' / and witnesses' social standing; their wealth quotient, what important people they know, and how much they're willing to pay people of influence to get their desired result.

T

That Sir is a Farce!

As pointed out here several times in the past, and only if you would read this, the Police only play a small part in Forensics Evidence. There are several steps and procedures that must be followed and verified, before DNA can be validated and considered evidence. This can involve several other people in a Crime Lab, and Prosecution, and thus it is not just one Policeman's Word.

If you recall, which you probably don't as you probably never read this either, that when 1 of the accused was picked up on the main land, (Win I think) the Police requested that his DNA be tested as soon as possible, and the first results came in less than a day proving Positive. Or as reported by the Media anyway. In other words instead of waiting for all the other 200 samples they collected from the Island to be tested, they put this at the top of the list.

Since you seem to claim you know so much about DNA Testing Times, how long does it take to preform a DNA Test? .

Pol Lt Gen Kamrob Panyakaew, chief of the Office of Police Forensic Science, said the closest forensic lab to Koh Tao capable of conducting DNA tests was in Songkhla province, but it could not take on the testing as it was overloaded with cases from the southern conflict. He said experts in Bangkok were rushing to complete the tests, though each sample takes at least 48 hours to complete.

Bangkok Post 28-9-14

Gold buggy, do you even read what you write?! In your first sentence you acknowledge the fact that many people and factors are involved in verifying DNA. Shoot yourself in the foot if you want but the above poster is correct as to what was stated.. Also at one stage they were having to use Bangkok but it might take up to a week! The other matter is can you tell me, conspiracy aside!? that you are prepared to believe everything the RTP tell you?? I certainly don't trust that media joke DNA test done for the show that was carried out! So your happy to accept that a DNA test that they said couldn't be done for a couple of days or more conviently was produced,with all the necessary people and techniques you say are involved in less than a day! No way!

I will though just for your benefit check with my friend who's a CI in police here and was scenes of crime officer for 20 years for his take on DNA collection and reporting. I would say this will be a international standard procedures and not those that lose, use up or can't find the DNA at a later date when required by courts ! Point made ??

DNA Tests Done in 4 Hours

http://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/presspacs/2010/acs-presspac-august-4-2010/fast-forensic-test-can-match-suspects-dna-with-crime-samples-in-four-hours.html

and your point is?

if you think that Pol Lt Gen Kamrob Panyakaew is incorrect and needs to be educated as to how long the tests really took took his department in this case you will have to take it up with him.

Are you saying he was not telling the truth?

is not that difficult to switch around DNA samples especially when there are a lot of them floating around at the same time, a sample from the B2 and a sample each from Nomsod and Mon, switch the labels and bingo, which is why it is so important that the defence have full access to the samples for verification if there is a doubt, it also protects defendants from being stitched up by crooked cops or errors in the lab

Anyone refresh my memory as to the timing of the DNA B2 results and the DNA taken from Mon and Nomsod

So sad that an individual is so blinded by his own beliefs that he can't even begin to see the logical rational in others.

I'm putting you on "Ignore" so I don't have to read any more of you Police Propaganda

This Septic Isle: Backpackers, Bloodshed and the Secretive World of Koh Tao

Charlie Campbell / Koh Tao and Koh Samui

KOH TAO:-- The balcony of room A5 at Ocean View Bungalows commands one of the finest vistas of Koh Tao’s sweeping Sairee Beach.

Traditional longtail boats, a rainbow of scarves adorning their bows, bob on the lapping water of the glistening bay. And right in the foreground, rising proudly from sliver sands, protrude a scattering of granite boulders, a furtive relic of this tranquil 21-sq-km (8 sq. mi.) island’s volcanic inception.

These rocks are no strangers to explosive secrets. On Sept. 15, one of the occupants of that same room A5, Hannah Witheridge, was found bludgeoned to death in their midst alongside fellow British tourist David Miller, just a short stumble from her door. Witheridge, 23, from Great Yarmouth, a seaside town on the English east coast, had been raped and killed by blows to the head.

Miller, a year older and from Jersey, one of the U.K.’s Channel Islands, had likewise suffered deep lacerations to his skull before drowning in the shallow surf.

Read more: http://time.com/3955081/thailand-koh-tao-murder-david-miller-hannah-witheridge-zaw-lin-wai-phyo-burma-myanmar/

-Time 2015-07-16

The reference to pension-funded lifestyles in this link is misleading as there are few expats over 40 living on Koh Tao & none whatsoever that would qualify. Edited by evadgib

This Septic Isle: Backpackers, Bloodshed and the Secretive World of Koh Tao

Charlie Campbell / Koh Tao and Koh Samui

KOH TAO:-- The balcony of room A5 at Ocean View Bungalows commands one of the finest vistas of Koh Tao’s sweeping Sairee Beach.

Traditional longtail boats, a rainbow of scarves adorning their bows, bob on the lapping water of the glistening bay. And right in the foreground, rising proudly from sliver sands, protrude a scattering of granite boulders, a furtive relic of this tranquil 21-sq-km (8 sq. mi.) island’s volcanic inception.

These rocks are no strangers to explosive secrets. On Sept. 15, one of the occupants of that same room A5, Hannah Witheridge, was found bludgeoned to death in their midst alongside fellow British tourist David Miller, just a short stumble from her door. Witheridge, 23, from Great Yarmouth, a seaside town on the English east coast, had been raped and killed by blows to the head.

Miller, a year older and from Jersey, one of the U.K.’s Channel Islands, had likewise suffered deep lacerations to his skull before drowning in the shallow surf.

Read more: http://time.com/3955081/thailand-koh-tao-murder-david-miller-hannah-witheridge-zaw-lin-wai-phyo-burma-myanmar/

-Time 2015-07-16

The reference to pensions funding lifestyles in this link is misleading as their are very few expats over 40 living on koh tao & none whatsoever that are old enough to fall within the bracket.

I think that was a sweeping statement about the whole of Thailand, as it is a common occurence here. They do go on to mention other aspects about doing business or working on the Island and the under-the-table style of documentation and lives people lead.

is not that difficult to switch around DNA samples especially when there are a lot of them floating around at the same time, a sample from the B2 and a sample each from Nomsod and Mon, switch the labels and bingo, which is why it is so important that the defence have full access to the samples for verification if there is a doubt, it also protects defendants from being stitched up by crooked cops or errors in the lab

Anyone refresh my memory as to the timing of the DNA B2 results and the DNA taken from Mon and Nomsod

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/koh-tao-murder-suspect-arrested-another-on-the-run.html

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

Investigators Tuesday interrogated Montriwat Toovichien, a 45-year-old bartender at AC Bar on Koh Tao who identified as the man seen in closed-circuit video footage in the hours before the Sept 15 bludgeoning deaths of Britons David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23.

Mr Montriwat, a brother of Koh Tao subdistrict village chief Voraphan Toovichien, was interrogated for almost three hours. He submitted to a DNA test before he was allowed to leave at 1.50pm.

Mr Voraphan, who also owns AC Bar, arrived at police headquarters shortly after his brother began to talk to police. He too submitted a DNAsample for testing.

Pol Lt Gen Panya said a second suspect, who fled the resort island to Bangkok, will likely be taken into custody soon.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-now-rule-koh-tao-headmans-son-murder-suspect-turn-foreign-tourists-probe

The police have ruled out a son of Koh Tao village headman as a suspect in the murder of two British tourists after he has evidence to prove he was not on the island at the time the murder occurred.

They now will also shift focus to foreign tourists in addition to migrant workers and local people.

Police now are trying to determine who left the island in the hours and days after the killing in hopes to revealing new suspects.

Eighth Region Command commissioner Pol Lt Gen Panya Mamen said Thursday investigators have now excluded the son of the headman Woraphan Toovichien, 49, from the suspect list as he was not on the island when the two Britons were brutally murdered.

He was in Bangkok, police said.

Headman Woraphan earlier announced to offer one million baht cash if the police have substantial evidence to implicate.

2. Many of us just do not trust anything the RTP say

This is absolutely untrue. What is being done is taking selective things stated or attributed to police, especially early on comments that have since been corrected /updated as it was incorrect speculation, and using those (often twisted) to build ridiculous theories while ignoring updates or doing what you have just done and saying police cannot be trusted when it is something that blows a whole in their unfounded and implausible theories.

Same thing happens now as people bury their head in the sand and pretend that all the DNA evidence has been lost despite the fact this has since been clarified as being untrue. Reading through much of these things here is painful but it is also fascinating to see how far people will depart from reality to keep up this game they have created for their own psychological needs. I too get caught up in this as I just can't resist jumping in sometimes to point out the obvious despite the fact I know the chances are slim to none anyone will be awakened back to reality.

The arguments are all circle and illogical ... we want DNA tested outside the police yet later the same person will say police fudged the DNA. Well now that they have had the evidence and the suspects for months, don't you think it logical they could plant their DNA on a cigarette butt or weapon by now? Yet, there is then the pretending all the DNA is lost by the same guys who were able to plant the accused semen in the victim. Just all goes in a big circle but all comes down to being like a little kid screaming with his hands over his ears because he doesn't want to hear the truth. NOTHING is going to change their mind even if the two plead guilty as they will say they pled for other reasons or if the defense tests the DNA and it matches theirs, it will be said police manipulated the evidence before turning it over. Same type of BS about the kid who was in Bangkok. No DNA, Video, Witnesses or anything else will show he is not guilty despite the fact there is NOTHING to indicate he was in anyway involved.

It is just fascinating to see this continue on by some even though months have passed for people to get their emotions in check and come back down to reality.

DNA was not independently verified as required by international protocol. Crime scene was compromised and not sterile at any time. Unqualified personnel collected the DNA. Shall I go on. In a credible jurisdiction the DNA is utterly and totally worthless. Collecting of DNA samples should be carried with sterile gloves which should be discarded after each sample to stop cross contamination ..Did you see the pictures of the young RTP guys collecting multiple samples without changing gloves. Members of the public freely moved around th crime scene and persons moved David and the murder weapon. How much proof do you defenders of RTP need to blow the case out of the water.

What in the world are you talking about international protocol being independently verified? Not sure in other parts of the world but in the US DNA is collected by police and sent to police labs. .. and the coroner works for the government too as well as those collecting and testing the DNA. No different for the FBI. As for the other things you mention, no amount of sloppy work at the crime scene is going to put the suspect's semen in one of the victims or even their DNA on the same type of cigarette they were seen buying on video ... and by the way they continue to admit they were there smoking as others witnessed. Given this and other evidence against the two including the phone and witness they gave it to, the only thing that would explain the police case, if they are purely innocent, is a mass conspiracy involving many to frame them.

Forensic evidence is processed independently in the U.S. or U.K. and many other jurisdictions around the world, safeguarding a proper chain of custody. But in Thailand, the police perform the entire process. This is troubling when set against the allegations of torture made by the accused. http://time.com/3955081/thailand-koh-tao-murder-david-miller-hannah-witheridge-zaw-lin-wai-phyo-burma-myanmar/

I think you should ask yourself what on earth your talking about................again

I can answer that. There was lots of suspects are first but none of them where cleared on just the Police's Say-so. They we cleared because their DNA did not match Hannah's or the Cigarette Butt found at the Crime Scene.

But with the DNA Samples collected from the 2 accused, they matched both, including the Cigarette Butt, found at the Crime Scene they claim were never at on the night in question, and sperms samples taken from Hannah, which they claim they did not even see her go their.

So it is not a questioned of just there word but a statement where the 2 accused were the only ones who matched the DNA from Hannah and the Crime Scene.

Like mistakenly having the lab confirm their semen was in the victim?

How can you dismiss other peoples theories so easily and then throw in your own theory as if it is gospel?

The police stated they found DNA in 3 places from Hannah's body they have never stated that it was semen as far as I am aware. If you have a link to a police statement please share it. I don't think you do. If you cannot provide this link you really should stop publishing your drivvle on this thread.

If Mod and Namsod did it why with them having all there connections and being mafia not think to dump the bodies ( sea or up in the jungle ) why did they make no effort to hide the murder weapon ?

Why would Mod just wait then go to the see the crime scene again in the morning with the police I am sure he nows that something like this can't just be brushed under the carpet?

Why would they go after Sean ? how would they even know there was any connection between them ? why let Sean take a photo ? why not plant evidence on Sean or in his room ?

This is a Family that the local expat community spoke highly off before Sean made the accusations. (local expats interviewed by the guardian even said they were known for keeping the island safe.

This is a Family that people on here think have so much power can buy of the chief of police and the general and that can change security footage in a bangkok university but can't hide a 3 foot murder weapon.

Again i am not saying the B2 are guilty I will always believe that Sean holds all the answers, but it still doesnt make sense that a thai rich kid who is set to inherit a fortune goes to university and has most probably never had to pick up a hoe or do any manual work would decide to do it, and on his Dads island.

JTJ and GOLDBUGGY, conveniently seem to forget a few things:

In the ORIGINAL investigation, the head police honcho CLEARLY STATED that they had "strong evidence" that linked both Mon and Namsod to the crime. Remember that?

Then, out of nowhere, said police was quickly yanked from the investigation, given a promotion and shifted to a desk in BKK, and another police big wig was appointed, and IMMEDIATELY cleared the original 2 suspects.

The police were flatly denied the cctv videos from the bar of the night in question.

Mon and Namson flatly refused to take DNA test for weeks, before finally agreeing to, but on THEIR conditions. And, surprisingly, their results were back in 4 HOURS, which is impossible to do.

In earlier reports there were also comments from some of his school chums that when he did report to class, they saw multiple scratches (like those from a fight) on his arms.

There's more, but these two individuals (JTJ & GB) are either so ignorant to accept facts, or have serious "connections" to K.T., that they will deny anything and everything that in any way viably connects Mon, Namsod, and the Big Cheese on the island to these horrendous murders, but will wholeheartedly swallow any pill of unverifiable circumstantial and bull crap evidence against the B2.

Just ignore these two an let them get on with their little fantasy world.

The truth will come out shortly, an we prob won't hear another word from them again on this topic.

GOLDBUGGY,

Nobody is claiming that the DNA test result rests on one Policemans word. Yes it has to go to a lab and pass many people.

It's the people who collected the samples and sent them. There was no forensic pathologist at the crime scene. WHatever reached the lab to be sampled has to be taken at face value, and THAT rests on the word of the people who collected it.

Also, about a week before the B2 were arrested EVERYONE on the island, including those 2 (photographs of them in line to be tested are old news) were tested and declared clear. So why did they turn up a match the second time???

What is not clear about this discrepancy??

Because, if it was really them getting their sample collected, they would have been thrown in the same pile as 200 others. How long would it take to go through a pile like that? Especially if you buy someones story that it takes 48 hours per sample? Would 400 days be close. Even using 5 stations it is still 80 days. Plus stopping all other DNA Murder Cases going on at this time.

They just never got around to theirs yet.

That 'someone' was the chief of forensics in Bangkok - chief of the department that carried out the testing. Why do you not accept what he stated?

He also said they were working on them 24 hours a day and up to 30 tests were being conducted simultaneously but no doubt you know better than him about that too?

I can answer that. There was lots of suspects are first but none of them where cleared on just the Police's Say-so. They we cleared because their DNA did not match Hannah's or the Cigarette Butt found at the Crime Scene.

But with the DNA Samples collected from the 2 accused, they matched both, including the Cigarette Butt, found at the Crime Scene they claim were never at on the night in question, and sperms samples taken from Hannah, which they claim they did not even see her go their.

So it is not a questioned of just there word but a statement where the 2 accused were the only ones who matched the DNA from Hannah and the Crime Scene.

Same question as to JTJ where is a link to sperm sample results taken from Hannah?

As far as I am aware they never denied smoking a cigarette on the beach either. Enlighten me.

GOLDBUGGY,

Nobody is claiming that the DNA test result rests on one Policemans word. Yes it has to go to a lab and pass many people.

It's the people who collected the samples and sent them. There was no forensic pathologist at the crime scene. WHatever reached the lab to be sampled has to be taken at face value, and THAT rests on the word of the people who collected it.

Also, about a week before the B2 were arrested EVERYONE on the island, including those 2 (photographs of them in line to be tested are old news) were tested and declared clear. So why did they turn up a match the second time???

What is not clear about this discrepancy??

Because, if it was really them getting their sample collected, they would have been thrown in the same pile as 200 others. How long would it take to go through a pile like that? Especially if you buy someones story that it takes 48 hours per sample? Would 400 days be close. Even using 5 stations it is still 80 days. Plus stopping all other DNA Murder Cases going on at this time.

They just never got around to theirs yet.

That 'someone' was the chief of forensics in Bangkok - chief of the department that carried out the testing. Why do you not accept what he stated?

He also said they were working on them 24 hours a day and up to 30 tests were being conducted simultaneously but no doubt you know better than him about that too?

He also can't grasp the fact that they may have more than one person working on one sample and waiting for the results of that sample before looking at another.

We should allow him a few daft statements as he's new to the case and hasn't done his homework yet. I'm sure he'll catch up!

If Mod and Namsod did it why with them having all there connections and being mafia not think to dump the bodies ( sea or up in the jungle ) why did they make no effort to hide the murder weapon ?

Why would Mod just wait then go to the see the crime scene again in the morning with the police I am sure he nows that something like this can't just be brushed under the carpet?

Why would they go after Sean ? how would they even know there was any connection between them ? why let Sean take a photo ? why not plant evidence on Sean or in his room ?

This is a Family that the local expat community spoke highly off before Sean made the accusations. (local expats interviewed by the guardian even said they were known for keeping the island safe.

This is a Family that people on here think have so much power can buy of the chief of police and the general and that can change security footage in a bangkok university but can't hide a 3 foot murder weapon.

Again i am not saying the B2 are guilty I will always believe that Sean holds all the answers, but it still doesnt make sense that a thai rich kid who is set to inherit a fortune goes to university and has most probably never had to pick up a hoe or do any manual work would decide to do it, and on his Dads island.

That's an intelligent post. If i had to come up with a why, i would say because they probably wouldn't want to be dragging 2 corpses around for anyone to see. I do not know the geography of the island and how the access to the jungle or a boat is from Sairee beach, but power or no power, they still wouldn't want to be seen in that predicament I am sure.

Again, just a possible answer to the question, in case anyone was thinking of tearing me a new one.

EDIT: With great power comes great arrogance?

Edited by Rykbanlor

how long does it take to preform a DNA Test? .

It depends on the type of DNA test. There is testing that is extremely quick (less than a couple hours). When it comes to police testing DNA, the vast majority of time is wasted in the collection, cataloging, transportation and back log at labs. There are commercial testing kits for paternity where they send you a kit and have the answer back to you within a day.

Are you arguing with the chief of the Office of Police Forensic Science?

Can you link where he says it takes 48 hours. I would like to read his full statement and not some piece you cut out by you to twist to make an invalid statement.

how long does it take to preform a DNA Test? .

It depends on the type of DNA test. There is testing that is extremely quick (less than a couple hours). When it comes to police testing DNA, the vast majority of time is wasted in the collection, cataloging, transportation and back log at labs. There are commercial testing kits for paternity where they send you a kit and have the answer back to you within a day.

Are you arguing with the chief of the Office of Police Forensic Science?

Can you link where he says it takes 48 hours. I would like to read his full statement and not some piece you cut out by you to twist to make an invalid statement.

Can you give us a link to any of the former statements you have made? Did you copy your homework from the clever kid at school. Go and look for it yourself.

I am in the process of looking for reports of DNA sperm sample results just because you and JTJ said the police made statements about them. I doubt they exist but at least I will know you publish fiction.