Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Also, as we have gone over and over again GB, you talk about motive like this intelligent student planned it all out rationally, whereas there is no doubt this was a crime of the moment that probably got out of hand, so I am sure whoever did it wasn't thinking rationally about all the repercussions it would bring about.

Rape is a crime of violence?

No wonder I get a Boner every time I argue with my wife.

Come on Man! Rape is a Violent Crime, where perhaps taking over the control of a woman (or Man) and terrorizing them while having sex with them may be part of that pleasure. But this is different. The Motive for Rape is obvious!

Pretty much all we need to know about you. Actually more than we need to know.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing with Sean is he claimed that Mon and the copper were threatening to kill him, he managed to take a photo of them on the cashiers phone and post it to facebook,

So he would have had to taken the photo

maybe logged out of her facebook

logged into face book

attached the photo and paste.

Why didn't they just put a gun to his head and Take the phone of him ?

Why did they let him do it and wait for the police to turn up if he did the crime ?

Because maybe even they are smart enough not to do that in front of the cashier in a public place would be my guess.

About your last sentence, who do you mean?

Sean called the police to the store on the phone,

He is the biggest Mafia on the island and he is scared to show his gun are you serious ?

I didn't say scared. Just because someone has power it doesn't mean they will necessarily just run around shooting the place up willy nilly. Particularly at such a sensitive time.

So they don't have the power to pull out a gun and threaten someone to hand over a phone ? 2 on 1

they cant go round shooting people willy nilly but they can rape and murder and leave all the evidence lying about ?

I am pretty sure they know fully well they can't go round shooting people as I am pretty sure they know that raping and killing two tourists is going to bring a shit storm to the island.

Another thing with Sean is he claimed that Mon and the copper were threatening to kill him, he managed to take a photo of them on the cashiers phone and post it to facebook,

logged into face book

Why did they let him do it and wait for the police to turn up if he did the crime ?

Because maybe even they are smart enough not to do that in front of the cashier in a public place would be my guess.

He is the biggest Mafia on the island and he is scared to show his gun are you serious ?

Sean called the police to the store?? Are you serious, he had Mon and a policeman threatening him! Sean did not call anyone he put a message out on his facebook that was quickly responded to. After that he fled and slept in the jungle, then to a bar to sleep and then only came out under the protection of a UK embassy official.

Why on earth would Mon have a gun. Much more plausible is the story Sean told ie they would see him hang.

The policeman accompanying Mon would have had a gun, wouldn't he? There is something not quite right about this scenario. Even if Wi-fi was available in the 7-eleven it's not a two minute job to take a picture and then post it on a Facebook page, especially if it's the cashier's and not your phone - and therefore not your Facebook page.

While I agree Sean was probably being threatened, I find the scenario skewed. No getting away from the CCTV showing him scrabbling around the 7-eleven or his words to ever he contacted, but I sense Mon and his thug must have backed off. A threat was enough to see Sean off the island, PDQ.

logged into face book

I didn't say scared. Just because someone has power it doesn't mean they will necessarily just run around shooting the place up willy nilly. Particularly at such a sensitive time.

So they don't have the power to pull out a gun and threaten someone to hand over a phone ? 2 on 1

they cant go round shooting people willy nilly but they can rape and murder and leave all the evidence lying about ?

I am pretty sure they know fully well they can't go round shooting people as I am pretty sure they know that raping and killing two tourists is going to bring a shit storm to the island.

Look man, I see you're sometimes trying to be objective and sometimes you're just plain being silly. If Mon or anyone shot Sean in a store, following a double murder it would directly link him to the murders, because why? Because it shows intent to cover a crime. Killing Sean with no motive ties that person to the double murder. I think Sean reaching out on Facebook is the only thing that saved him.

Thai mafia is not NYC mafia, they work in their own way. The Thai mafia would make Sean's death look like suicide for the guilt they think it indicates.

You know who is the most helpful when something is stolen from you? The thief. Hence Mon at the scene interjecting whatever narrative.

You're sometimes coming off as defending the real killer, no matter who it may be.

Darkknight,

Again you make false accusation against me. Up until last September I didn't even know where this Island was. Just heard of Mon a month after that. I do not know him nor have I ever met him, or anyone else on the island.

I also never said that David came upon the crime scene and saw a rape in progress. Somebody else said that.I said I thought they were together when they were attacked. Call it whatever you like but yes, I do think the Motive was to Rape Hannah.

You post stuff here all the time but never back one thing you say that could indicate it wasn't make up by you, or you found it in some Gossiping Link full of Conspiracy Theories. If you like them so much why come here and spread more?

This so called Bribe to the Taxi Driver was no bribe at all. It involved the football team and had nothing to do with Mon or the accused. The Police had this Football Team as early suspects. He was told that if he had information he would be given 700,000 Baht. But that wasn't a bribe. It was the reward money offered to anyone for the arrest and conviction of this rape and murders.

If you chose not to believe this then fine. But I do not call you names as you feel you need to do with me, which is the true test of your colors. If you are so sure they are innocent then prove it. I am open minded to proof that wil show me something more than Blah!Blah!Blah!

No, just no. They would have tried to run. Also, they were sitting on the beach drinking and playing guitar which has been established. I don't believe for a second a druggy episode is behind this crime. Look at the difference in the two.. Hannah was brutalized to make some kind of statement, Now, what would the B2 need to prove to Hannah? Nada, they're migrant workers.

Ask yourself who had motive.

Well lets see who has the most motive here.

Is it a Rich Kid who is in University who could have almost any woman he wanted, but already has a Girlfriend? Who is obviously intelligent enough to know, as a university, that a murder like this on the Island would hurt his Father's Business, as well as his Uncles'?

Or is it 2 Horny Migrant Works who have minimum education and don't have girlfriends, and haven't been with a woman for possibly years, who are licking their chops every time they see a beautiful woman in a bikini, and who get drunk on 2 Beer thus perhaps also Yaba as well?

Nope! Sorry! The Horny Migrant Workers get my vote for the most motive.

It looks to me like your mind is completely made up and not going to be changed or your view altered in the least no matter how much evidence to the contrary is presented, so it's no surprise at all that this is your "conclusion."

The fact that you think this was a crime of sexual desire, and are thus unaware of enormous amounts of literature on the nature and motives of rapist/killers, betrays your ignorance, wilful or not, about this crime and this type of crime. And therefore your various musings, speculation, and conclusions have little (or no) credibility to anyone with more than a smattering of knowledge about, again, this crime or this type of crime.

So you can keep hammering away with your ill-informed opinions, or you can hold off posting such until you educate yourself a bit. The information's only a few clicks away at most, if you're really interested in carrying on a serious debate I suggest you avail yourself of it, read carefully, and be open to forming more well-founded opinions about this case.

On the other hand, if you're only interested in pushing a certain storyline like some notorious (but now strangely absent or silent) members were largely suspected of (or known to be) doing, then I suspect you'll just continue on in the exact same vein regardless of what anyone else writes in response.

Sadly, my guess is it will be the latter.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

I also think Sean meant if he was killed, look to Mon,,, not necessarily that Mon was one of the killers, But that he's the clean up crew. As soon as that picture went up with Mons name and the Mafia threat, Sean couldn't be messed with. I'd like to add I do not think highly of Sean in any way. The man is an embarrassment for multiple reasons.

No, just no. They would have tried to run. Also, they were sitting on the beach drinking and playing guitar which has been established. I don't believe for a second a druggy episode is behind this crime. Look at the difference in the two.. Hannah was brutalized to make some kind of statement, Now, what would the B2 need to prove to Hannah? Nada, they're migrant workers.

Is it a Rich Kid who is in University who could have almost any woman he wanted, but already has a Girlfriend? Who is obviously intelligent enough to know, as a university, that a murder like this on the Island would hurt his Father's Business, as well as his Uncles'?

Or is it 2 Horny Migrant Works who have minimum education and don't have girlfriends, and haven't been with a woman for possibly years, who are licking their chops every time they see a beautiful woman in a bikini, and who get drunk on 2 Beer thus perhaps also Yaba as well?

It looks to me like your mind is completely made up and not going to be changed or your view altered in the least no matter how much evidence to the contrary is presented, so it's no surprise at all that this is your "conclusion."

The fact that you think this was a crime of sexual desire, and are thus unaware of enormous amounts of literature on the nature and motives of rapist/killers, betrays your ignorance, wilful or not, about this crime and this type of crime. And therefore your various musings, speculation, and conclusions have little (or no) credibility to anyone with more than a smattering of knowledge about, again, this crime or this type of crime.

So you can keep hammering away with your ill-informed opinions, or you can hold off posting such until you educate yourself a bit. The information's only a few clicks away at most, if you're really interested in carrying on a serious debate I suggest you avail yourself of it, read carefully, and be open to forming more well-founded opinions about this case.

On the other hand, if you're only interested in pushing a certain storyline like some notorious (but now strangely absent or silent) members were largely suspected of (or known to be) doing, then I suspect you'll just continue on in the exact same vein regardless of what anyone else writes in response.

Sadly, my guess is it will be the latter.

This goes doubly for those that insist on the high implausability of switches and manipulation of evidence. Again just a few clicks away you can find a lot of releveant information pertaining to this kind of thing. A lot of these sources cite a very important rule: There must be people of skill, ethics and integrity present at crime scenes. QED

Darkknight,

Again you make false accusation against me. Up until last September I didn't even know where this Island was. Just heard of Mon a month after that. I do not know him nor have I ever met him, or anyone else on the island.

I also never said that David came upon the crime scene and saw a rape in progress. Somebody else said that.I said I thought they were together when they were attacked. Call it whatever you like but yes, I do think the Motive was to Rape Hannah.

You post stuff here all the time but never back one thing you say that could indicate it wasn't make up by you, or you found it in some Gossiping Link full of Conspiracy Theories. If you like them so much why come here and spread more?

This so called Bribe to the Taxi Driver was no bribe at all. It involved the football team and had nothing to do with Mon or the accused. The Police had this Football Team as early suspects. He was told that if he had information he would be given 700,000 Baht. But that wasn't a bribe. It was the reward money offered to anyone for the arrest and conviction of this rape and murders.

If you chose not to believe this then fine. But I do not call you names as you feel you need to do with me, which is the true test of your colors. If you are so sure they are innocent then prove it. I am open minded to proof that wil show me something more than Blah!Blah!Blah!

There you go trying to defend anything that implicates the corruption in this case:

Koh Tao Murders: Taxi driver accuses police of intimidation, bribe for false testimony

Police promised cash reward to buy false testimony: taxi driver

PHUKET: A taxi driver on Koh Tao, off the Surat Thani coast, yesterday went public with his accusation that police investigating the murders of two British tourists had tried to intimidate him into providing false testimony.

In a media interview yesterday, Prasit Sukdam also accused the police of giving him a large sum of money in exchange for false testimony to frame the wrong people. He claimed the money was taken from the Bt700,000 offered as a reward by Koh Tao residents for information leading to the arrest of the killers.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/thailand-news/Koh-Tao-Murders-Taxi-driver-accuses-police/36060

Here's one of those "Conspiracy theory links you must be referring to, its The FCO stating its concerns over corruption in the case, much the same as we here on TV are doing.

The British government cannot interfere in Thailand’s judicial proceedings, just as other governments are unable to interfere in our own judicial processes.

That said, we are very concerned by the allegations of corruption http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

Edited by thailandchilli

logged into face book

Sean called the police to the store?? Are you serious, he had Mon and a policeman threatening him! Sean did not call anyone he put a message out on his facebook that was quickly responded to. After that he fled and slept in the jungle, then to a bar to sleep and then only came out under the protection of a UK embassy official.

Why on earth would Mon have a gun. Much more plausible is the story Sean told ie they would see him hang.

Read the article the police took Sean from the supermarket then they let him phone the foreign office (not very good corrupt cops hey ?)

Why on earth would Mon have a Gun what do you think he uses to threaten people a tooth pick ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11113268/Terrified-Briton-flees-Thai-island-after-mafia-death-threat.html

Read the article the police took Sean from the supermarket then they let him phone the foreign office (not very good corrupt cops hey ?)

Why on earth would Mon have a Gun what do you think he uses to threaten people a tooth pick ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11113268/Terrified-Briton-flees-Thai-island-after-mafia-death-threat.html

Very clear we were talking about events in the store not after when he did actually make calls including to his family.

Your last sentence again baffles me as to why on earth he needs a gun to make threats

If I was Sean, I would have already told them (Mon and thug#1) yo, this is up on FB.

Then what are they supposed to do.

The Police chief denied recieving reports of death threats against Sean.

Well then I guess we must have been mistaken.

The Police have an incredible knack for denying anything they don't want aired, not entirely unlike the top guy.

Rea

Very clear we were talking about events in the store not after when he did actually make calls including to his family.

Your last sentence again baffles me as to why on earth he needs a gun to make threats

Ok why not just say "come Sean pass me the phone, you so much as press one button and i will drag you in the mountain and hang you" ?

Or do you see it more of a Mafia movie scene "log onto facebook and say your goodbyes"

as you can see in the interview Sean is causally seen walking around koh tao the day after the threats happy to give interviews,

A scenario is Sean comes into Mons bar a local has pointed him at as a suspect "maybe the girl who is meant to have cleaned the blood of sean" Mon and the cop have pushed Sean the answers,

Again in the interview Sean says they want it to be a westerner not a local no mention of burmese.

Is it not totally impossible that it was the B2 and Sean that night sitting playing guitar.

The B2 could claim to be under the patronage Mon ? as I said they are out riding bikes buying expensive cigarettes and beer. so not your stereotype of a burmese migrant. I reckon When Mon questioned Sean he thought the B2 was setting him up and he truly feared for his life,

Also, as we have gone over and over again GB, you talk about motive like this intelligent student planned it all out rationally, whereas there is no doubt this was a crime of the moment that probably got out of hand, so I am sure whoever did it wasn't thinking rationally about all the repercussions it would bring about.

There you go twisting things again.

I never said they planned it out. I believe what they said when they first confessed to this crime to be true. I never doubted that since then either.

The rationality comes in when I heard they just so happen to be drunk and didn't see anything, during the time of the murders. Or finding David's Mobile Phone on the night he was murdered. Like having there DNA match, and being set up by someone. Like having the bad luck of being on the beach at that time. Like having the cigarettes also found by the log matching the DNA with Hannah. Like not having an alibi. Like...the list goes on and on.

It's such a shame all the CCTV camera's were out of action.

Would David and Hannah have had to walk past the log or was there a seperate entrance to the rocky area.?

Who says all the CCTV were out of action. Is it just because the Police has not told everyone everything they have as Evidence?

Which Police Force is the West discusses an ongoing Murder Trail? Would I be close if I say Zero!

The Prosecution still has about 62 Witnesses to call. Do you now who they are? Do you know what they are going to talk about? Do you know what evidence they may present? The Defense Team as about 20 Witnesses to call. Who are they and what are they going to say or present?

You are jumping to conclusions. Lets see how it all unfolds by the end of September, if it goes this long.

Should they have been working and they have kept the footage there should be some evidence there.

I actually hope your right and they have kept evidence back as it will solve the case and give closure to all.

Rea

Ok why not just say "come Sean pass me the phone, you so much as press one button and i will drag you in the mountain and hang you" ?

Or do you see it more of a Mafia movie scene "log onto facebook and say your goodbyes"

as you can see in the interview Sean is causally seen walking around koh tao the day after the threats happy to give interviews,

A scenario is Sean comes into Mons bar a local has pointed him at as a suspect "maybe the girl who is meant to have cleaned the blood of sean" Mon and the cop have pushed Sean the answers,

Again in the interview Sean says they want it to be a westerner not a local no mention of burmese.

Is it not totally impossible that it was the B2 and Sean that night sitting playing guitar.

The B2 could claim to be under the patronage Mon ? as I said they are out riding bikes buying expensive cigarettes and beer. so not your stereotype of a burmese migrant. I reckon When Mon questioned Sean he thought the B2 was setting him up and he truly feared for his life,

Sean feared the B2 were trying to set him up. That's a new spin.

Rea

Sean knew very well beforehand who Mon was and that he's an influential figure in KT. Thats all it takes along with a cop friend to scare the living daylights out of you, no gun needed.

I personally do not think Sean has anything to do with this crime, he's a loose cannon yes and has many conflicting statements but a killer? Dont think so. I saw his interview in the back of a tuk tuk, he was feeling extremely anxious, scared. Your other scenario with the B2 I have to disagree with

Edited by thailandchilli

Sure!

I'm basing their non-guilt (note the phrase) on a failure by the RTP to be able to substantiate/verify/validate the DNA evidence against them, and to admit to not having a robust chain of custody in place. From a legal perspective that should be grounds not to accept the RTP's assertions. It's got nothing to with whether they are innocent or not.

I live here in Thailand, and there are many Burmese families residing close by in very basic accommodation. I have zero problems with them, in fact they make better neighbours than many opinionated Farangs I have had the displeasure to meet.

So your basing there not guilty on the RTP and because some nice Burmese people live near you ?

thats like me basing there guilt because of this

https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/thailand-update-cousin-of-killed-burma-women-found-dead-koh-samui-surathani/

Are there credible reports Sean was freely moving about the island giving reports the following day prior to his departure from the island?

My thoughts; he's just a gutless piss ant little Jock that shat himself when his personal security was potentially threatened (his say so) and cried to Mommy.

Listening to him, I don't think he has great moral fibre and I also don't think he has any idea what happened going by his reports.

I think he's just a wee girl formerly drunk on hedonism and cried for attention.

Nevertheless, I'll sure stand corrected if evidence to the contrary comes to light.

Edited by Blackfox

Sean knew very well beforehand who Mon was and that he's an influential figure in KT. Thats all it takes along with a cop friend to scare the living daylights out of you, no gun needed.

I personally do not think Sean has anything to do with this crime, he's a loose cannon yes and has many conflicting statements but a killer? Dont think so. I saw his interview in the back of a tuk tuk, he was feeling extremely anxious, scared. Your other scenario with the B2 I have to disagree with

Please just answer this with a simple yes or no, If you was Mon and you was threatening someone would you let them take a photo of you and then post it on facebook ?

again simple yes or no ?

Sure!

I'm basing their non-guilt (note the phrase) on a failure by the RTP to be able to substantiate/verify/validate the DNA evidence against them, and to admit to not having a robust chain of custody in place. From a legal perspective that should be grounds not to accept the RTP's assertions. It's got nothing to with whether they are innocent or not.

I live here in Thailand, and there are many Burmese families residing close by in very basic accommodation. I have zero problems with them, in fact they make better neighbours than many opinionated Farangs I have had the displeasure to meet.

So your basing there not guilty on the RTP and because some nice Burmese people live near you ?

https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/thailand-update-cousin-of-killed-burma-women-found-dead-koh-samui-surathani/

Read my last sentence as it is particularly applicable as a response to your inane post. Then read my first paragraph again, and try to understand it - although I doubt you have that capability based on what you have posted so far on this site. Which makes you an ideal candidate for troll of the week.

Please just answer this with a simple yes or no, If you was Mon and you was threatening someone would you let them take a photo of you and then post it on facebook ?

again simple yes or no ?

Mon and the cop were the first ones to start taking photos of Sean in the store, Mon would also have been aware of the cctv in the store. Sean followed suit, So yes if I had been Mon I would have probably allowed so as not to be caught on cctv attacking him but then regretted my mistake.

post-223227-0-82860900-1437299194_thumb.

again simple yes or no ?

Yes, cos the pic has no words,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He posted it on Facebook and wrote the comments underneath it !

Please for your own sake never take up a career in crime.

If I was Sean, I would have already told them (Mon and thug#1) yo, this is up on FB.

Then what are they supposed to do.

I think that's probably what happened. That or Jonathan Samuels scared them off.

Darkknight,

Why did the police think the taxi driver might have evidence against the footballers? Why did the taxi driver think the police were trying to use him to frame scapegoats? Why did the police (according to the taxi driver) become angry towards him when he failed to accept the "reward". Why was the taxi driver sufficiently frightened by the police attitude to go public and ask for protection from the police?

The relevance of this is that it shows how energetically some, at least, of the police were seeking scapegoats from an early stage in the "investigation". It is one of many points that make neutral observers extremely skeptical of the claim that the diminutive Burmese, with no prior record of violence, were the perpetrators of this crime.

Sure!

Read my last sentence as it is particularly applicable as a response to your inane post. Then read my first paragraph again, and try to understand it - although I doubt you have that capability based on what you have posted so far on this site. Which makes you an ideal candidate for troll of the week.

What that the B2 might be Guilty ? you do know they are currently standing trial ? your the troll with your tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Isn't it well know what type of power a Thai person, especially a VIP, has over their Burmese workers? I believe the B2 are scapegoats. But I don't believe they couldn't have been involved in some capacity. I hate even the thought of it, but they could be involved. I do not believe the B2 killed David and Hannah.. Whoever did that had a specific issue with Hannah, that you can be sure of.

I do agree with you last sentence but the other reason could be they were high on Yaba or ice.

http://www.treatmentsolutions.com/unspeakable-methamphetamine-crimes/

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29398114/police-sartell-24-year-old-murdered-with-a-hammer-suspect-possibly-on-meth

Everything you have stated about the B2 here (apart from minimum education possibly) is just based on your imagination. How do you know if they were licking their chops every time a beautiful woman in a bikini walked by, what a ridiculous statement to make and you present it as fact!!

You're not the Thai PM in disguise are you?

And who do you think is more likely to take Yaba - The 'cool' and edgy DJs, fire dancers, tough guys, or a couple of migrant workers having a singsong and a beer on the beach. You say because they had a beer then maybe they have also had Yaba. Well does that not apply to he aforementioned DJs, tough guys etc. Do you think they don't touch a drop of alcohol or drugs?

Edited by bunglebag