Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Also, as we have gone over and over again GB, you talk about motive like this intelligent student planned it all out rationally, whereas there is no doubt this was a crime of the moment that probably got out of hand, so I am sure whoever did it wasn't thinking rationally about all the repercussions it would bring about.

There you go twisting things again.

I never said they planned it out. I believe what they said when they first confessed to this crime to be true. I never doubted that since then either.

The rationality comes in when I heard they just so happen to be drunk and didn't see anything, during the time of the murders. Or finding David's Mobile Phone on the night he was murdered. Like having there DNA match, and being set up by someone. Like having the bad luck of being on the beach at that time. Like having the cigarettes also found by the log matching the DNA with Hannah. Like not having an alibi. Like...the list goes on and on.

It's such a shame all the CCTV camera's were out of action.

Would David and Hannah have had to walk past the log or was there a seperate entrance to the rocky area.?

Who says all the CCTV were out of action. Is it just because the Police has not told everyone everything they have as Evidence?

Which Police Force is the West discusses an ongoing Murder Trail? Would I be close if I say Zero!

The Prosecution still has about 62 Witnesses to call. Do you now who they are? Do you know what they are going to talk about? Do you know what evidence they may present? The Defense Team as about 20 Witnesses to call. Who are they and what are they going to say or present?

You are jumping to conclusions. Lets see how it all unfolds by the end of September, if it goes this long.

So you say the prosecution has about 62 witnesses to call. 62 witnesses ! Was there a grandstand set up next to the beach ? I actually do understand what you are trying to say, but please choose your words more carefully otherwise you'll lose the debate on just technicalities rather than facts.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you say the prosecution has about 62 witnesses to call. 62 witnesses ! Was there a grandstand set up next to the beach ? I actually do understand what you are trying to say, but please choose your words more carefully otherwise you'll lose the debate on just technicalities rather than facts.

I think people like police pathologists, crime scene experts etc might be included in the number could be wrong though

Its funny how we now have a poster poorly attempting to accuse the B2 of being meth/yaba users and even dealers as a reason for having the money to be able to ride a motorbike down the beach Road, buy LM cigarettes and 2 beers on their day off and kill Hannah and David in a drug hazed stupor! Wow even the RTP never thought that one up!

A motorbike on an island in Thailand probably no reg. Would set the combined 3 back about 5000 baht. They worked in a very popular resort where some cocktails are 1000 baht each. They will have collected good tips for good service so it wouldn't take long for them to be able to share a decent packet of smokes or a motorbike. The workers in the market close to me from Myanmar work 2 or 3 jobs and usually buy a motorbike to assist getting from on job to the other within 2 months of arrival. Sometimes they even buy Johnny Walker red. Just in case some of our posters thought these brands were reserved for the privelidged.

Out of interest.. if he was innocent, why did Nomsod's family send him off to do a bit of Monk time?

Because thats what every thai buddhist man does around his age its a bit like being christened, there is not set age but it is young adulthood, there is no set time to how long you have to be a monk , though most seem to do a few months.

Everything you have stated about the B2 here (apart from minimum education possibly) is just based on your imagination. How do you know if they were licking their chops every time a beautiful woman in a bikini walked by, what a ridiculous statement to make and you present it as fact!!

You're not the Thai PM in disguise are you?

And who do you think is more likely to take Yaba - The 'cool' and edgy DJs, fire dancers, tough guys, or a couple of migrant workers having a singsong and a beer on the beach. You say because they had a beer then maybe they have also had Yaba. Well does that not apply to he aforementioned DJs, tough guys etc. Do you think they don't touch a drop of alcohol or drugs?

The young edgy DJs ? don't think so

http://www.samuitimes.com/phuket-police-arrest-two-burmese-men-with-1926-ya-bah-pills/

I've looked at the link. I'm not sure how that rules out the 'cool' guys who worked in the bar? You know, the ones into Western women, posing with guns, wearing jewellery that doubles as weapons etc.

Do I really need to find 10 posts about Thais getting busted with thousands of Yaba pills? I doubt it, I'm sure you've read about some. Not that that has anything to do with this case or even the hypothesis that whoever carried out these crimes might have been under the influence..

well you have posted it is unlikely that some migrant workers would be taking yaba, and I have proved you wrong simple !

No, you have generalised, talking about all migrant workers in any scenario.

Whereas I was talking about the likelihood of these 2 migrant workers having a beer and a quiet singsong after work before going to bed taking Yaba, compared to some Thai bad boys who like Western women, guns and excitement.

But anyway, my actual question was how does the link provided convert to Thai cool guys / bad boys don't do Yaba? There's no point answering because it doesn't.

There is nothing to be gained travelling down this Yaba path right now I feel. It can be summed up by saying regardless of who the guilty parties are it is possible they may or may not have been under the influence of Yaba or another drug.

Out of interest.. if he was innocent, why did Nomsod's family send him off to do a bit of Monk time?

Bit of an unfair question really just about all young male Thais Booat IE go in the temple for a while.

Who says all the CCTV were out of action. Is it just because the Police has not told everyone everything they have as Evidence?

Which Police Force is the West discusses an ongoing Murder Trail? Would I be close if I say Zero!

The Prosecution still has about 62 Witnesses to call. Do you now who they are? Do you know what they are going to talk about? Do you know what evidence they may present? The Defense Team as about 20 Witnesses to call. Who are they and what are they going to say or present?

You are jumping to conclusions. Lets see how it all unfolds by the end of September, if it goes this long.

In countries with a functioning criminal justice system, the prosecution is obligated to disclose to the defense all evidence that they intend to present at trial. A failure to do so renders such evidence inadmissible. Further (although I admit this is not always followed in practice) the police are supposed to respond to any reasonable request from the defense for access to materials that might exonerate their clients. Keeping everything that happened on Koh Tao that night a secret, and trying to ambush the defense at trial is not normal.

not the Thai PM in disguise are you?

And who do you think is more likely to take Yaba - The 'cool' and edgy DJs, fire dancers, tough guys, or a couple of migrant workers having a singsong and a beer on the beach. You say because they had a beer then maybe they have also had Yaba. Well does that not apply to he aforementioned DJs, tough guys etc. Do you think they don't touch a drop of alcohol or drugs?

http://www.samuitimes.com/phuket-police-arrest-two-burmese-men-with-1926-ya-bah-pills/

I've looked at the link. I'm not sure how that rules out the 'cool' guys who worked in the bar? You know, the ones into Western women, posing with guns, wearing jewellery that doubles as weapons etc.

Do I really need to find 10 posts about Thais getting busted with thousands of Yaba pills? I doubt it, I'm sure you've read about some. Not that that has anything to do with this case or even the hypothesis that whoever carried out these crimes might have been under the influence..

Dont worry about it, he gets easily confused, he may post some links of other Burmese getting caught with yaba in Bangkok next. But to some of those Thai DJ's in KT here's a prime example of what they get up to with tourists, this is a one named DJ Love:

Sorry I don't see what point you are making with the photo is he on Yaba ? looks like it could of been taken in maguluf

anyway here is another link about yaba and who are typical users funny Hiso rich kids are not on it.

http://hlaoo1980.blogspot.com/2013/12/burmas-yaba-addicts-1-what-is-yaba.html

or taken in AC bar, which might be more likely as he works there?

And with regards to this tedious discussion about who may or may not use Yaba, who mentioned HiSo rich kids until you just now?

I think people like police pathologists, crime scene experts etc might be included in the number could be wrong though

good chance you could be wrong, from what i have seen from your current posts...but i could be wrong, always good to add that little caveat at the end

Just to save me reading all the BS in this thread.

Have they been convicted yet?

Yes or no will do, no explanation is needed.

Yes.

The paperwork will be filled out in a month or so.

Yes, confirming B. Dawn's advice to you, convicted of murder and rape, but should be noted that there were no other volunteers for the job putting their hands up in the nearby vicinity at the particular moment in time..

Its funny how we now have a poster poorly attempting to accuse the B2 of being meth/yaba users and even dealers as a reason for having the money to be able to ride a motorbike down the beach Road, buy LM cigarettes and 2 beers on their day off and kill Hannah and David in a drug hazed stupor! Wow even the RTP never thought that one up!

A motorbike on an island in Thailand probably no reg. Would set the combined 3 back about 5000 baht. They worked in a very popular resort where some cocktails are 1000 baht each. They will have collected good tips for good service so it wouldn't take long for them to be able to share a decent packet of smokes or a motorbike. The workers in the market close to me from Myanmar work 2 or 3 jobs and usually buy a motorbike to assist getting from on job to the other within 2 months of arrival. Sometimes they even buy Johnny Walker red. Just in case some of our posters thought these brands were reserved for the privelidged.

It also didn't go unnoticed that the said poster called Mon a "Successful Business Man" in a previous post. Now something smells fishy. He may own a resort but how on earth can anyone make a judgement like that without having some other information.

At least one of the B2 used the motorbike to deliver food. A friend, long time death island resident, knew him, thought highly of him and told me no way in hell he had anything to do with the murder. Those on the island know who did, had done it before and will do so again. They will not talk. My friend has left not only the island but Thailand.

not the Thai PM in disguise are you?

Dont worry about it, he gets easily confused, he may post some links of other Burmese getting caught with yaba in Bangkok next. But to some of those Thai DJ's in KT here's a prime example of what they get up to with tourists, this is a one named DJ Love:

Sorry I don't see what point you are making with the photo is he on Yaba ? looks like it could of been taken in maguluf

anyway here is another link about yaba and who are typical users funny Hiso rich kids are not on it.

And with regards to this tedious discussion about who may or may not use Yaba, who mentioned HiSo rich kids until you just now?

I mean its a poor mans drug

In countries with a functioning criminal justice system, the prosecution is obligated to disclose to the defense all evidence that they intend to present at trial. A failure to do so renders such evidence inadmissible. Further (although I admit this is not always followed in practice) the police are supposed to respond to any reasonable request from the defense for access to materials that might exonerate their clients. Keeping everything that happened on Koh Tao that night a secret, and trying to ambush the defense at trial is not normal.

but not Thailand.No disclosure prior the trial.

I mean its a poor mans drug

Whateverer dude. Keep flogging your dead horse. They could have been coked up, if that fits the Hi-so image better for you.

Sorry, i had to cut some text boxes there, if my reply is out of context, i'm replying to Tony.

I rented a workshop for seven years surrounded by attached rooms which were rented to workers from Myanmar. Judging by the 3 monthly police raids some of them were here illegally. They would be taken away and usually back in a few days. I was warned that it was a bad idea to set up my workshop in such close proximity as they were desperate and highly likely to steal stuff from me. I talked to them and asked their head if he would call me if he ever heard any break ins etc while I wasn't there. In short in seven years I didn't have one problem. In fact they would run and help putting stuff away when heavy rainstorms etc. I often left valuable stuff around and they would take care of it.

One poster on here wants to generalise and is saying Burmese workers are more likely to take yaba. I can only speak from my own experience of 2,536 days been in the midst of approx 120 Burmese workers and never coming accross a bad person. On the contrary they often invited me to join them and chat. Good conversations!!!

It also didn't go unnoticed that the said poster called Mon a "Successful Business Man" in a previous post. Now something smells fishy. He may own a resort but how on earth can anyone make a judgement like that without having some other information.

Sorry i thought he owned the Ac bar one of the most popular bars on the island I must of read it wrong my apologies.

but not Thailand.No disclosure prior the trial.

Sure! That was my reason for qualifying my statement with "In countries with a functioning criminal justice system".

I rented a workshop for seven years surroended by attached rooms which were rented to workers from Myanmar. Judging by the 3 monthly police raids some of them were here illegally. They would be taken away and usually back in a few days. I was warned that it was a bad idea to set up my workshop in such close proximity as they were desperate and highly likely to steal stuff from me. I talked to them and asked their head if he would call me if he ever heard any break ins etc while I wasn't there. In short in seven years I didn't have one problem. In fact they would run and help putting stuff away when havy rainstorms etc. I often left valuable stuff around and they would take care of it.

One poster on here wants to generalise and is saying Burmese workers are more likely to take yaba. I can only speak from my own experience of 2,536 days been in the midst of approx 120 Burmese workers and never coming accross a bad person. On the contrary they often invited me to join them and chat. Good conversations!!!

Sadly this is the way a great deal of Thais see the Burmese, there's not a lot of compassion lost there. Tony121 seems vehemently determined to further push that unfavourable image of them.

Sorry i thought he owned the Ac bar one of the most popular bars on the island I must of read it wrong my apologies.

Yes like many of your posts you did get it wrong. Have another look and see if you can find which bar he did own. You really should read a little more before posting stuff.

Apologizes accepted he owns the In Touch resort & bar (where another mysterious death occurred of a British girl last year) although his family also own the AC Bar.

I rented a workshop for seven years surroended by attached rooms which were rented to workers from Myanmar. Judging by the 3 monthly police raids some of them were here illegally. They would be taken away and usually back in a few days. I was warned that it was a bad idea to set up my workshop in such close proximity as they were desperate and highly likely to steal stuff from me. I talked to them and asked their head if he would call me if he ever heard any break ins etc while I wasn't there. In short in seven years I didn't have one problem. In fact they would run and help putting stuff away when havy rainstorms etc. I often left valuable stuff around and they would take care of it.

Sadly this is the way a great deal of Thais see the Burmese, there's not a lot of compassion lost there. Tony121 seems vehemently determined to further push that unfavourable image of them.

See now you are twisting what I am saying I know plenty of good burmese people I Know plenty of good thai people, you all make out there isn't a bad burmese person in thailand and im proving you wrong. Your all saying on the night of the crime there is no way possible they could have taken yaba ? your wrong simple (yaba (meth) explains the murder scene)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tinfoil+hat

So here you're equating owning a family business, by family land rights, makes a good business man? Hahahah. All he has to do is operate a "bar" and "hotel" and obviously take care of the islands precious image. It's becoming difficult to reply to you because your reasoning is garbage.

See now you are twisting what I am saying I know plenty of good burmese people I Know plenty of good thai people, you all make out there isn't a bad burmese person in thailand and im proving you wrong. Your all saying on the night of the crime there is no way possible they could have taken yaba ? your wrong simple (yaba (meth) explains the murder scene)

And here you're arguing that the reason for the heinous and gross crime is a drug fueled attack? Wow. After admitting you don't know much about Yaba... You're saying you're sure the drug was a motivating factor in this attack? Again, Wow.

Let me tell you something about tweakers,, they're easily the least capable at any kind of function outside of mingling with other tweakers and not being able to stop picking their faces and generally just being out of their minds. I rate it less than 50% chance anyone involved was on anything other than alcohol.

It is abundantly clear now that you're narrative is intended to muddy the facts and draw attention away from anyone who isn't the B2. There are only 2 of you now, which I take to be a good omen. Out of all the people posting here less than 5 are cnuts.... And it's more likely to be you and GB.

We see through your sharade.... And will continue to do so. Now, anything important to add other than the effects of methamphetamine on different nationalities? No?, then piss off clown.

I am not twisting what you are saying. I am however questioning your knowledge about the case, therefore your ability to have any good reasoning about what may or may not have happened. The last few words in this post are just bin fodder. As up to now there has been no evidence of Yaba etc.

I really don't understand what you mean that it explains the murder scene.

I am sure there are some Burmese that take Yaba as there are Englishmen that inject heroin and snort coke but they don't have any relevance to this discussion.

Not sure if anyone replied to a question I posted, but what is your view on the blond hair found in Hannah's hand? I'm assuming it wasnt her own

One of the burmese is meant to of had blonde highlights then dyed it back after murder.

Can you provide us with a link or pic maybe .... or is it just more lies from a RTP paid campaign ... sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

I have no doubt at all that one of the original suspects (thais) did it with help from his friends ...

Not sure if anyone replied to a question I posted, but what is your view on the blond hair found in Hannah's hand? I'm assuming it wasnt her own

One of the burmese is meant to of had blonde highlights then dyed it back after murder.

Can you provide us with a link or pic maybe .... or is it just more lies from a RTP paid campaign ... sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Pretty easy really the police released pics of the then B3 on the 5 grand motorbike buying the 67 baht fags with black hair on the night of the murders.

Archived