Moving home within Thailand

I have been living in Thailand on Retirement Extensions continuously for many years now. My current extension of stay permission expires next year. I am considering moving from my present home in Bangkok to Buriram before it expires. If I go ahead and do so what actions do I need to take in order to do future 90-day check-ins and permission to stay extensions at the office for Buriram Province?

Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Ubonjoe.

I assume that I must submit the TM28 form to KCI very soon after moving i.e.Within a few days?

I assume that my wife's blue book will be sufficient as proof of residence and address if she accompanies me to KCI?

Thanks again for your quick and informed reply.

I have to say that when I moved from Pattaya to Phitsanulok a couple of years ago I didn't do anything. Ignorance was bliss I suppose but at my first 90 report date I went to Immigration in Phitsanulok with my wife. They didn't want to see anything from me on proof of residence and told me that my wife guaranteed me and that was OK. No change of address form or anything. Every 90 days since then I have just gone with my wife and they have not wanted to see any proof of residence so I think as usual it depends!!!!

I have moved a good many times within Thailand (In the same city) never bothered saying anything to anybody. I'm not trying to be a "clever clogs" but I sometimes wonder why people appear to consider a change of address as a potential problem Would one not simply go into your local Immigration office and tell them you are about to move and ask them who does one notify....same as with a bank or whatever.

I have moved a good many times within Thailand (In the same city) never bothered saying anything to anybody. I'm not trying to be a "clever clogs" but I sometimes wonder why people appear to consider a change of address as a potential problem Would one not simply go into your local Immigration office and tell them you are about to move and ask them who does one notify....same as with a bank or whatever.

If you read the OP you will see that the he moving to another province. Different province means a different immigration office.

I provided the info based upon info I am aware of about his new immigration office.

Also doing 90 day reports at a different office requires you do a change of address.

• Like 1

Update:

I decided to move home sooner rather than later.

The day after my move I went to KCI and took a completed TM28 form, my wife complete with her blue house-book and ID card, my passport of course, copies of all the preceding, and originals and copies of all documents that I suspected might be requested (90-day notification receipt, marriage certificate, and more). My passport, arrival card and 90-day receipt status were examined. All my documents are in order. I've never broken any immigration rules. I've followed all required procedures punctually and to the letter. The TM28 and my notification were refused.

I was told that my notification of change of address and subsequent ability to adopt KCI as my regular office for immigration affairs could not be accepted unless and until I produce a yellow house-book held in my own name. This is something that I probably can do but it will take some time. I was advised to continue using CW in the meantime.

Yours is not first time I have heard of KCI wanting the yellow book which is way outside of normal procedures. I think I would call 1111 and register a complaint.

The big problem is that some Amphoe's will do everything they can to not to issue a yellow book, They will run you around in circles or ask for impossible or difficult things to get.

• Like 1