IS terror plot in Kuala Lumpur foiled

webfact

IS terror plot in Kuala Lumpur foiled

10-7-2558-10-24-00-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: -- Two Malaysians linked to the Islamic State terror group have been detained by police for planning attacks in Kuala Lumpur, The Star Online reported.

Their targets are believed to be western interests and entertainment outlets in the city.

The first suspect, aged 28 was arrested by the Bukit Aman Special Branch Counter Terrorism Division on July 2. This was followed by the arrest of the second suspect, aged 31 on July 7.

The 28-year-old suspect had been influenced by IS ideology since 2012 and was taking orders from senior European IS leaders.

Police Inspector-General Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the man was close to Ahmad Effendi Manaf, the Malaysian suicide bomber killed in Syria last year.

He said the second suspect had gone to Syria in early 2014 and returned to Malaysia in August the same year after being injured in one of the clashes in Syria

Khalid said the new modus operandi was “certainly similar” to attacks that occurred in Kuwait, France and Tunisia last month

The police would remain vigilant and not let any attack occurred on Malaysian soil.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/is-terror-plot-in-kuala-lumpur-foiled

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-10

Police is always after the criminals. which means they are always behind.

Never can catch them all in time. But good luck to Police.

I would have felt even more friendly if Malaysian Police were after terrorists working outside Malaysian borders.

Next is Singapore?

It could be anywhere where there are "Western interests".

After the bad BKK Airport scanners story, it could be BKK. It could be Auckland, NZ as a perceived low security measures destination. It could be absolutely anywhere.

It's time for all the West, Arab nations, Iran, Israel to put their differences aside and go all out to annihilate this menace.

Next is Singapore?

It could be anywhere where there are "Western interests".

After the bad BKK Airport scanners story, it could be BKK. It could be Auckland, NZ as a perceived low security measures destination. It could be absolutely anywhere.

It's time for all the West, Arab nations, Iran, Israel to put their differences aside and go all out to annihilate this menace.

IS is a cult, not unlike early Christianity. Look how successful the mighty Roman Empire was at annihilating them.

I'd be more worried about somewhere like Nana Plaza. Now there is a place where major damage could be done with a relatively small explosion. And no shortage of members of the religion of peace in close proximity.

Life at the time of Roman Empire was easy - there was no Political Correctness invented yet.

Easy for whom? How would you like to go back to that time and place as a peasant or slave? Life was so easy then.

The police will not be able to detect all of these criminals before they can do serious damage...it is just a matter of time before carnage like Southern Thailand experiences...will be common place in many Thai cities...and in many countries around the world...

In the insane world of ISIS...their is something romantic and manly about seeing innocent infidels destroyed in the most heinous ways possible...may Allah be praise...

The police will not be able to detect all of these criminals before they can do serious damage...it is just a matter of time before carnage like Southern Thailand experiences...will be common place in many Thai cities...and in many countries around the world...

In the insane world of ISIS...their is something romantic and manly about seeing innocent infidels destroyed in the most heinous ways possible...may Allah be praise...

Thailand ...the way it's going....will be a Muslim run Country within 10-15 yrs....

And nothing is being done about it.

When you see what one terrorist can do to the tourist economy in Tunisia it is only a matter

of time before Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket come under consideration for an Isis led or

inspired attack. Plenty of loon's in the Thai south already with lots of experience and

knowhow. Sad to say but this is the world we now live in. sad.png

Thailand ...the way it's going....will be a Muslim run Country within 10-15 yrs....

And nothing is being done about it.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

Bali 2002. Over the years it has been a pleasant surprise that similar kind of targets elsewhere in the region have not been hit, but that doesn't mean there have not been plots which are probably being scuppered by local intelligence agencies / counter terrorism but simply aren't announced publically due to the potential financial impact upon tourism that outing these things could have.

Observation of certain physical changes to seemingly mundane facilities in some popular tourism areas of Bangkok indicates to me that they have taken into account soft spots and altered things accordingly. Ineffective overt things like shining a torch 'at' your bag as walk into MBK of the MRT as the alarm goes off again and again as crowds pour in, is not what I refer to. To me all that is a red herring and the real work happens on the quiet. Two years ago I was in Bali and saw the area of the bombs. Seemingly nothing had been changed that could prevent a carbon copy incident in Kuta of somebody driving a truck up, parking it and bingo. Therefore as the threat hasn't gone away I assume the real prevention success happens on the quiet.

May I be right. Otherwise it is only a matter of time.

"IS terror plot in Kuala Lumpur foiled"

What another load of alarmist rubbish. These two guys may well be Islamist , they may be potential terrorist - but what they are NOT are trained IS terrorists sent by IS to commit acts of terror.

IS. just like its previously created bogey man, Alqueda are NOT an international organization. To present them as a terror McDonald stye franchise is just the latest twist to keep society in a perpetual state of fear.

IS is a cult, not unlike early Christianity. Look how successful the mighty Roman Empire was at annihilating them.

Life at the time of Roman Empire was easy - there was no Political Correctness invented yet.

Easy for whom? How would you like to go back to that time and place as a peasant or slave? Life was so easy then.

Look, mine was an innocent reply to another innocent remark by Acharn. See above.

All of a sudden I find people making rather strange suggestions.

We were talking about Romans dispersing early Christians. Absence of PC at that time surely helped.

As to HerbalEd's remark:

Was it a question or an offer?

I do not think I am dumb enough to take a place of either a peasant or a slave.

Judging by your manners and stupid offer you have a much better chance and you wouldn't be out of place.

BTW the times were not so bad. You would be surprised how little humans advanced from the Roman culture.

Unless you count explosives, machine guns, aircraft and nuclear bombs listed by MaxYakov.

And finally, - personal attacks are in bad taste, especially when uncalled for.

Edited by ABCer

Alqueda are NOT an international organization.

al Qaeda is an umbrella vision (an end to the domination of current world powers, replaced by Islamic dominance) under which a plethora of existing local Islamist groups globally, could 'relate to'. Questioning the physical reality of that vision in the form of offices, recruitment centres etc, does not prove that the Islamist cells don't exist. They do exist, and the al Qaeda umbrella sought to unite them all. Of course, Islamists do badly with uniting on anything. Everybody wants to be the Grand Emir, the Caliph, hence the sectarian strife going on.