"iCare": Good Apple Service Has Arrived in Thailand

nikster

Maybe the Apple ways of the west are spreading to Thailand.

I dropped my iPhone 6 and shattered the screen, made my requisite appointment with the Apple Store, they backed up my phone for safety, replaced my screen and handed me back my phone and invoice in one hour.

If I have a simple operational problem, I just walk in and one of the many, very knowledgable floor staff bail me out.

There's only one other company that I know of in Canada that gives service like that !

Interesting..

Would you please tell us where you bought your iPhone and where you took it for repairs.

I'm not aware of any Apple Store as yet in Thailand. Please help..

Is Apple offering Applecare service now for phones bought in Thailand. If true that's great news!

Yes, I too am keen to know; My Iphone 6 glass has a crack, and am told by Iserve that the only option for me is to pay ~12k thb and wait 3 weeks to get a replacement phone. This was reiterated by Thailand Online store help, the place where i bought it from.

• 1 month later...

We are having a horrendous run with iCare Seacon. iPhone 6+ still under warranty had a slight bend in it. Took it to them and they said they would replace it for 14k baht. I said this is still under warranty but no go. Since the phone still worked fine we just decided to live with it. Photos were really crappy though. A few days later we discovered that the camera was covered by Apple's camera replacement warranty. Back to iCare. Manager said he would not accept the phone unless we paid the 14k for a replacement. So we paid. They said within 14 days we would get a text message telling us when the replacement arrived. No SMS so on day 15 we go in and ask what is going on. We are told they no longer send out SMS's and we should have looked up the repair status on the web. Thanks a bunch for not telling us that in the first place.

Turns out they had the replacement phone on day 5. Refurbished, not new. The phone won't turn on so it goes into the back of the store for 30 minutes. The girl comes out and tell us the refurbished phone is faulty and they will have to send it back to Singapore for another replacement. No apology for the inconvenience.

Two questions arise from this.

1. Wherever the refurbishment was done they obviously did no quality control check to see if the phone worked. Why not?

2. iCare obviously also did no check when the phone arrived. Why not?

This is not the first time we have had a problem with this branch but that is another story. I highly recommend anyone who has a Apple problem avoid this branch like the plague.

Does anyone have an email address to which I can complain to Apple directly?

• 1 year later...
On 11/07/2015 at 2:58 PM, Jason Green said:

I worked at Apple in Cupertino for 11 years. Applications engineering group, iTunes team.

So you want to create one network, and have the Time Capsule and Airport Express serve up wifi for the same network? How far have you gotten with that?

Time Capsule is a wonderful device because in addition to being a wireless router, you can also back up to it via Time Machine. I use one myself. It would be great if you could get it running to take full advantage of the functionality!

Let me know if can be of any help.

I wish i could of met someone like yourself somebtime ago, i had a time machine that consistantly drove me round the bend wich incidently got thrown out into the bin through fustration, never again

Archived