Decision soon on Camronwit

Lite Beer

FORMER CITY POLICE COMMISSIONER
Decision soon on Camronwit
The Nation

TOKYO: -- JAPANESE PUBLIC prosecutors are likely to announce on Monday if they will pursue legal proceedings against Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank, a former Metropolitan Police chief, for carrying a gun into Tokyo's Narita Airport.

The incident occurred last month and he has been in detention ever since.

While Camronwit has admitted that it was his gun, he said he was unaware that the weapon was in his carry-on luggage.

"Japanese police have informed us that Camronwit will be brought to public prosecutors on Monday," deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Krissana Pattanacharoen said yesterday.

Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri said it was unlikely that Camronwit would be prosecuted, as he had no intention of violating Japanese laws.

An official at the Thai Embassy in Tokyo said yesterday that under Japanese law, a suspect could only be detained for up to 20 days if a prosecution order is not issued.

"So, public prosecutors will have to make a decision on Camronwit's case by July 13 [Monday]," the official said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Decision-soon-on-Camronwit-30264248.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-11

They do not announce if or not. Off course they will accuse him for some criminal acts, trying to bring an firearm on an commercial airplane, trying to bring explosives on an commercial airplane, carrying an illegal firearm in Japan. Carrying live ammunition illegal in Japan. Then, maybe they want to know what this suspected criminal intended to do with this illegal weapon in Japan. Hopefully send him to USA`s base in Guantanomo. I will never enter an airplane with departure from Thailand anymore.

In Thailand everybody, except the honest farlangs have guns.

I think the Japanese Justis system cannot be paid from Thailand. Why are the top guys in the Thai police so eager to help a criminal? Normally they do not help any criminal. I hope Japan takes this into consideration also and give the criminal a couple of years extra for this involvement from the Thai mafia.

Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri said it was unlikely that Camronwit would be prosecuted, as he had no intention of violating Japanese laws. clap2.gif cheesy.gif clap2.gif

So according to the logic of a Thai Pol Lt-General I can rob a bank and assume I will not be prosecuted because I assure him I had no intention to violate a law...

Does Prawit have some genuine information or is it another case of a Thai official speculating without any foundation which is their stock in trade ?

By the way Japan there's no need to rush a decision as another remand in custody is quite acceptable. biggrin.png

By the way Japan there's no need to rush a decision as another remand in custody is quite acceptable. biggrin.png

True, but there has to be a new charge.

The prosecutor in Japan gets a 10-day investigation. If not satisfied, the prosecutor can extend the investigation for another 10 days, and then a decision must be made on what the charges are.

They can re-arrest someone already in custody for new charges, and then they get another 10 days investigation period (that can be extended once for 10 days). In order to re-arrest someone, though, there must be a new charge.

Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri said "

it was unlikely that Camronwit would be prosecuted, as he had no intention of violating Japanese laws."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Ever heard that criminals tend to lying?

which criminal would admit that he intended to break the law?

If the Thai police believe that, the prisons in Thailand would be empty

May be the Japanese give him only 5 years if he admits?

I think the Japanese Justis system cannot be paid from Thailand. Why are the top guys in the Thai police so eager to help a criminal? Normally they do not help any criminal. I hope Japan takes this into consideration also and give the criminal a couple of years extra for this involvement from the Thai mafia.

" Normally they do not help any criminal."

because it's competition

RTP members have an IQ like a squashed apple and respect for others is a non starter - Let them all rot in Hell all

not my brother in law. He is an honest guy.

May be that's why he has no stars on his shoulders

Edited by sweatalot

The

Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri said it was unlikely that Camronwit would be prosecuted, as he had no intention of violating Japanese laws. clap2.gif cheesy.gif clap2.gif

So according to the logic of a Thai Pol Lt-General I can rob a bank and assume I will not be prosecuted because I assure him I had no intention to violate a law...

Rather depends on who you are...

In Thailand, but not perhaps in Japan!

Edited by JAG

I thought this name rang a bell.

This guy just never learns and has an excuse for everything. He dances on the razors edge between ethical and criminal activity and when you see who his friends are it is no surprise his name would come up again, not for outstanding service to the police force mind you, but for breaking the law somewhere in the world.

When you don't think there is anything wrong with having your insignia pinned on by an accused mass murderer, accused terrorist and convicted criminal fugitive them he has some serious ethical issues. Never mind if your a thaksin fan or not. That is not the point. It is a policeman that has shown through his actions he has no respect for the law or the courts decisions or the ethical allegiance he made to the police force. Scum in other words.

This guy thought he was bullet proof under the one principle supporters and it seems having friends in high places might pay off here as well.

"No intention of breaking Japanese law". With a weak defence such as that he must have friends in high places because they are not even trying to build a strong defence.

I am sure we will see this man not intentionally breaking the law again and again.

post-140765-0-11172100-1436618323_thumb.

This guy just never learns and has an excuse for everything. He dances on the razors edge between ethical and criminal activity and when you see who his friends are it is no surprise his name would come up again, not for outstanding service to the police force mind you, but for breaking the law somewhere in the world.

When you don't think there is anything wrong with having your insignia pinned on by an accused mass murderer, accused terrorist and convicted criminal fugitive them he has some serious ethical issues. Never mind if your a thaksin fan or not. That is not the point. It is a policeman that has shown through his actions he has no respect for the law or the courts decisions or the ethical allegiance he made to the police force. Scum in other words.

This guy thought he was bullet proof under the one principle supporters and it seems having friends in high places might pay off here as well.

"No intention of breaking Japanese law". With a weak defence such as that he must have friends in high places because they are not even trying to build a strong defence.

I am sure we will see this man not intentionally breaking the law again and again.

"Never mind if your a Thaksin fan or not. That is not the point."

So why did you feel the need to bring him into it? Don't worry, it is a rhetorical question...

"Never mind if your a Thaksin fan or not. That is not the point."

So why did you feel the need to bring him into it? Don't worry, it is a rhetorical question...

Why did I bring him into this?

Because it is related to the article and his political history enables us to overview his position in a full context that we would otherwise not be privy to. This is wonderful thing about forums. It enables all of us all to give input and is part of a democratic process. Sharing of information is a wonderful thing.

To question why I brought this subject into the forum says more about your frustration regarding his checkered, unethical history than it does about anything else.

Going by an inability to articulate an intellectual response to anything I say from your previous replies to me suggests you will state to me "You don't understand what rhetorical means!" Thus ensuring you do not have to address any facts that I have stated.

YET AGAIN!!!

Edited by djjamie