British Engineer caught-up in Central Pattaya necklace snatch

Lite Beer

British Engineer caught-up in Central Pattaya necklace snatch

ferr-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A British Engineer was involved in a necklace snatch on Thursday Night and saw his new 60,000 Baht Gold Necklace stolen from him, only hours after it was given to him as a present from his Girlfriend.

Mr. Darren James Hall aged 37 and his Thai girlfriend Khun Anothai aged 29 reported the crime at Pattaya Police Station. They described how they had gone to purchase items at a Market in Soi Buakhao and when they were walking back to their room, 2 men on a motorbike came up beside them and the passenger on the bike snatched Mr. Hall’s Gold Necklace, leaving him with a minor injury to his neck.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/202908/british-engineer-caught-up-in-central-pattaya-necklace-snatch/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-10

I recall a number of brits assaulting some french men..an you lee b.said it was not news worthy..yet when the crime is against a fellow country man your view point changes...going around with a 60,000 baht chain you deserve what you get

Some will never learn. Walking with a fat gold chain in Pattaya?

Using some remote ATM in the night with your blinking Rolex? (a case that I know personally)

to be continued...

Its sad, but you simply can't!

I recall a number of brits assaulting some french men..an you lee b.said it was not news worthy..yet when the crime is against a fellow country man your view point changes...going around with a 60,000 baht chain you deserve what you get

I would love to see where you read a post from me saying it was not news worthy. I am againsted violent crime whatever the nationality involved. You are wrong.

I would love to see where you read a post from me saying it was not news worthy. I am againsted violent crime whatever the nationality involved. You are wrong.

try news article british gang udon thani...your words "why is this in the news"

When / if caught they should leave the Brit and the guys responsible in a room together for a few minutes, see what happens then ! Forget the pety fine etc...

Good thinking genius. Then to two Thai guys could give him a good kicking in addition to having robbed him.

Another one who thinks victims deserve what they get.

Wearing jewelry, asking to be robbed. Wearing sexy short clothes asking to be raped if your an attractive lady. Renting a Jet Ski, deserve to be extorted. Go to a Go-Go or Karaoke deserve to be fleeced etc etc.

Some people may be more sensible than other, some more aware of personal protection - but no one deserves to be robbed or to have any crime committed against them.

I'm not a fashion Nazi or anything, but somehow I've missed out on the whole men wearing necklaces thing. What will they be wearing next, high heels and stockings?

Was that not the 80's????

I'm not a fashion Nazi or anything, but somehow I've missed out on the whole men wearing necklaces thing. What will they be wearing next, high heels and stockings?

His girlfriend bought it for him so could be the Thai equivalent of the Christmas jumper.

My Vietnamese wife bought me a 22kt necklace in the late '60's. She paid the equivalent of $80, about $40/oz. I still wear it; and it is worth a bit more now. And, I actually prefer my boots and leathers.

He has a Thai girlfriend ?. In Pattaya ? lol

She bought him a 60K gold necklace with HER money? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Whats her name Lek or Noi.clap2.gif

Where from Buriram or Surin. ?

I don't see where it says whose money it was. However, maybe he gives her B200k/day, and maybe she expects a tip for the gift. Or, she had to get the necklace back to the jeweler, so she arrange the heist scene, and expects a tip for the gift anyway.

Edited by smotherb

Seems to be quite common in Thailand .........but still very strange !!!

Not something I'd care to do

Edited by DD13