Prince Philip lets fly with F-word during Battle of Britain event

Jonathan Fairfield

Prince Philip lets fly with F-word during Battle of Britain event

LONDON:-- The Duke of Edinburgh, an old Naval hand, appeared to revert to some salty language during an overlong photocall at events to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

Losing patience as a photographer dithered, the famously straight-talking Prince Philip, 94, seemingly commanded: “Just take the <deleted> picture!”

His exasperation erupted during a photocall at the RAF Club, which Philip attended with the Duke of Cambridge and the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing new here then, he is an arrogant idiot, always has been.

I Dont agree, He calls a spade a spade,and always has done. The truth hurts the PC clowns these days. Anyway is it not against forum rules to discuss,such people?

Love Phil the Greek... He says what others wish they could say!

Maybe fueled by some domestic differences between Phil the Greek and Liz the German (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha).

The British Queen is half-Scottish. Her mum was Sottish.

Prince Philip - A member of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Philip was born in Greece into the Greek and Danish royal families, but his family was exiled from Greece when he was an infant. He renounced his Greek and Danish titles when becoming a British citizen and marrying the then Princess Elizabeth.

Not quite right, but you rarely are.

I think Prince Philip is the greatest. He was never one to be discrete with his thoughts and words and because he don`t give a rat`s behind what anyone thinks, he`s always got away with it as no one dare answer him back, the man commands respect.

Wonderful, 94 years old and still doing the rounds. Don`t care about his ancestry, for me he is the front person for what being British is all about. I love our British Royal family as much as the Thais love their monarch and can`t help feeling patriotic every time I see them.

The Duke of Edinburgh is someone that has to be admired, long may the Queen and the Prince reign.

Love the way it's all okay for His highness to come out with gaffs because of who HE is, yet not okay for General Prayuth to do the same because of who HE is......yeah....farangatopian aint it

I think Prince Philip is the greatest. He was never one to be discrete with his thoughts and words and because he don`t give a rat`s behind what anyone thinks, he`s always got away with it as no one dare answer him back, the man commands respect.

Wonderful, 94 years old and still doing the rounds. Don`t care about his ancestry, for me he is the front person for what being British is all about. I love our British Royal family as much as the Thais love their monarch and can`t help feeling patriotic every time I see them.

The Duke of Edinburgh is someone that has to be admired, long may the Queen and the Prince reign.

All I will say is I disagree with you entirely, but respect your opinion.

Good on him! The ceremony was to commemorate the Battle of Britain and I bet the RAF pilots said worse with aME 109 on their tail. I am reminded of the response by EG Whitlam a former Australian Prime Minister to a very direct remark made by Prince Philip about him. Whitlam, asked for his opinion of the Prince, and who could be equally frank thought for a while then responded "Prince Philip? hmmm... he married well"

What an old tosser, what was he doing at a 'Battle of Britain' event? Neither him nor any other member of his family with all the medals on their chests

fought in any wars.

A very lame and transparent troll.

Prince Philip himself was in the Royal Navy in WW2 and fought in the Battle of Crete and the invasion of Sicily.

In fact, virtually every male member of this British royal family, from Prince Andrew (Falklands War) and Prince Harry (Afghanistan) back to George VI (World War 1) , has been in the forces in an active capacity.

Oh No.

HRH actually said what he was thinking, I realise he has probably never seen a washing machine and does not realise that you actually put bread into a toaster- before it arrives on a fabulous Georgian silver tray - a pampered life.

But he does put two fingers up to the PC brigade. Can you imagine living your entire life with photographers / press watching every move- no wonder he got a bit cross

What an old tosser, what was he doing at a 'Battle of Britain' event? Neither him nor any other member of his family with all the medals on their chests

fought in any wars.

Boloney.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Royal Navy

Commander

1940-1952

World War II-Allied invasion of Sicily, Battle of Crete, Battle of Cape Matapan.

British Pacific Fleet

War Medal 1939-1945 with Oak Leaf,

Atlantic Star

Africa Star

Burma Star with Rosette,

Italy Star

Greek War Cross

Croix de Guerre 1939-1945 with Palm

Prince Philip's war heroics come to light after 60 years

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/dec/28/monarchy.davidsmith

post-110219-0-46117300-1436611590_thumb.

fought in any wars.

Well you're wrong aren't you.

Philip fought in WW2. Andrew in Falklands. Harry in Afghanistan. And Queen Elizabeth (then Princess) was in the RTS like many other British females her age.

There are others as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service_by_the_members_of_the_British_Royal_Family

Love the way it's all okay for His highness to come out with gaffs because of who HE is, yet not okay for General Prayuth to do the same because of who HE is......yeah....farangatopian aint it

Prince Phillip doesn't run anything. When he makes a gaff, some will be humored, some will be insulted, but no one is hurt. When Prayuth makes a gaff a nation gets to suffer. There is a difference. A big difference.

Phillip is a character.

What a fuss. I can sit practically anywhere in CM and hear f... every second word from Brits.Sometimes it's the only word they know. As for him being Greek.....these Royals just borrowed countries.

Apologies about the pond life from my home country. Some of us are a little more eloquent .

Try and move in different circles, and frequent better establishments ( if they exist in Chang Mai? )

fought in any wars.

Well you're wrong aren't you.

Philip fought in WW2. Andrew in Falklands. Harry in Afghanistan. And Queen Elizabeth (then Princess) was in the RTS like many other British females her age.

There are others as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service_by_the_members_of_the_British_Royal_Family

I know they were there, but did they actually fight? Were they in among the bombs and bullets? If they were and I'm wrong, then I stand to be corrected.