They finally fixed it

Anthony5

At the entrance of the soi to my Tambon is a high voltage pole that leans over for years already due to the amount of cables hanging on it.

The pole stands on the parking lot of a 7/11 next to highway #7.

They have been working on it a few times already, as they want to attach a few more cables to it, and earlier this week PEA decided to reinforce the pole.

They cut electric for a full day and at the end of the day the job was done. Not sure if it was a decent job because last night from 11pm till 8am in the morning I had about 100V electric at my place.

Look for yourself how they fixed it.Keep in mind the pole stands on the parking lot of a convenience store.

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

post-222439-0-29853500-1436617253_thumb.

Edited by Anthony5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here the fix cost 5000 Baht in Farangistan it would cost 5000 Euro

Someone want to pay 20 % VAT and 55% income tax+state insurance on top of it?

Those 2 poles to the left stand right in front of the entrance door, you have to walk around them to get inside the 7/11.

Half of the parking space has been wasted by the poles. If I was the owner of the shop I would sue PEA, but since we know he is a Thai and the guys from PEA wear a uniform that will never happen of course.

the labor groups (term labor used loosely) could break a blacksmith anvil given the time, a ice pick. and a round river rock of about 3 kilo. and that is the sort labor force avaliable to pick from.i in turn they are in charge of maintaining, servicing and repair of virtually all public utilities. while their supervisors are operating their own private business which they contract to hanle the heavy liftingg requiring crane backhole, dozer, 18 wheel trucks, asphalt mixers, etc some one once said Thailand was an aboration taking place, at the same speed anything happens here, except death.

Nice job engineers could have done better but not allowed to work on retirement extension.

You should know that Thailand is the hub of engineers.

After all, those same PEA engineers did a pretty awesome job when they replaced a high voltage pole right opposite my house a few months ago.

Before post-222439-0-67975800-1436683963_thumb. --------------> After post-222439-0-36402800-1436684108_thumb.

Nice job engineers could have done better but not allowed to work on retirement extension.

After all, those same PEA engineers did a pretty awesome job when they replaced a high voltage pole right opposite my house a few months ago.

Before attachicon.gifPole before repair.jpg --------------> After attachicon.gif20150219_154749.jpg

Hey....at least it won't fall across the road.

Before attachicon.gifPole before repair.jpg --------------> After attachicon.gif20150219_154749.jpg

There is some truth in that statement.

Be informed that they didn't just pull over the broken pole, but came with 16 Engineers and 3 trucks and what you see in the second picture is a replacement pole.

They removed the broken pole, then dropped a 12 meter long replacement pole straight in the hole, for a depth of about 0.5 to 1 meter, and put some loose sand around it.

Surprised it leaned over within less than a week?

At least the poles in your street are straight....I like looking at the ones that are curved during their construction, BEFORE they are put up....biggrin.png

Good lord ! I hope that is a temporary fix, surely they will be putting a proper pole in. TIT

dont bet on it!

A thai lady shop owner i know got sick and tired of a slab of pavement that had caved in leaving a pot hole big enough to fall in.Nothing was done about repairing it for months so she decided to do the job herself.Along came someone from the local authorities who told her to stop and wait for the council to do it,otherwise she would receive a fine.

Everything takes a long time to get done here.

Good lord ! I hope that is a temporary fix, surely they will be putting a proper pole in. TIT

dont bet on it!

A thai lady shop owner i know got sick and tired of a slab of pavement that had caved in leaving a pot hole big enough to fall in.Nothing was done about repairing it for months so she decided to do the job herself.Along came someone from the local authorities who told her to stop and wait for the council to do it,otherwise she would receive a fine.

Everything takes a long time to get done here.

this instance is consistent around the world - local authorities don't like to lose face, and react similarly

So they only put it in the ground half a meter? Very unusual while knocking on the PEA for the apparent stupidity, may it be known to you MEA and PEA are extremely good at their jobs and have a good safety record.

The network installation in Thailand is far from Junk and in fact uses some very pricy solutions.

From what I can see in the one photo, is they have the pole braced against the forces applied by the lines in preparation to dig out the base of the pole. In place removal of a pole without one or more hydraulic manipulators to hold the pole, this is how its otherwise done.

There is some truth in that statement.

Be informed that they didn't just pull over the broken pole, but came with 16 Engineers and 3 trucks and what you see in the second picture is a replacement pole.

They removed the broken pole, then dropped a 12 meter long replacement pole straight in the hole, for a depth of about 0.5 to 1 meter, and put some loose sand around it.

Surprised it leaned over within less than a week?

I demand this thread be closed.

My brother in law put that pole in and I'll have you know he was ten minutes late for his somtam.

He's a good lad and very upset by this thread.

B)

Nah in Farangistan UK they would all be underground , zero maintenance, you see in the "long run" it is cheaper, no one dies when it rains and its not going off often.

Nah in Farangistan UK they would all be underground , zero maintenance, you see in the "long run" it is cheaper, no one dies when it rains and its not going off often.

yeah they did in my country as well....they dig up everything and installed a gas network. 2 years later they dig up everything and installed phone lines. 5 years later they dig up everything and installed the cable TV or glass fiber.....

Me innocent and without experience in big management would think you could put all at once in the land. Or the first one put a big tube in the land and later the other things will be put into the same tube without opening the street/sidewalk again.....

Or maybe it would be even possible to put part it or at some areas part of it in the already existing waste water tubes.......

In Thailand of course with all the corruption and lack of control if it is under the earth, I could dig to the electric cable and connect myself without meter and no one could see. If it is outside, even if it chaotic like that you can see the cables to the house making it difficult to steal electric.

So they only put it in the ground half a meter? Very unusual while knocking on the PEA for the apparent stupidity, may it be known to you MEA and PEA are extremely good at their jobs and have a good safety record.

The network installation in Thailand is far from Junk and in fact uses some very pricy solutions.

From what I can see in the one photo, is they have the pole braced against the forces applied by the lines in preparation to dig out the base of the pole. In place removal of a pole without one or more hydraulic manipulators to hold the pole, this is how its otherwise done.

I hope that was sarcasm, and you couldn't find the proper smiley, otherwise I don't have much hope for you.

I hope that was sarcasm, and you couldn't find the proper smiley, otherwise I don't have much hope for you.

Whatever they're doing, they clearly haven't finished yet.

And the award for apologist of the year goes to.............