Where to buy Laminate Kitchen worktop in Pattaya

jay1980

I would like to buy a Laminate kitchen worktop in Pattaya simular to this one from Ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/products/00274863/

I have been to Homepro, Homeworks, Thai Watsadu and Boonthavorn, and none have wood/laminate worktops.

I just want to replace like for like my current worktop and cut the sink and hob back in with a jigsaw so I do not want to bother with a granite worktop.

Thanks

Most laminate countertops here are worthless. In several cases I've found the top plastic layer to be so thin it wore through in a few years of only moderate use. Paper thin really I had it installed in a custom kitchen cabinet unit and regretted it.

Why not buy that one from IKEA?

I would prefer not to drive to mega bangna if possable, also not sure it will fit in my car so would rather buy locally

Decco on Sukumvit does laminated kitchen counter tops, you may be able to order this from them.

Thanks for the tip, but went there today and asked them today the do not have them.

Why not buy that one from IKEA?

I would prefer not to drive to mega bangna if possable, also not sure it will fit in my car so would rather buy locally

Gotcha. I had assumed (always a risky endeavor) that IKEA delivered, but a quick check of their web site doesn't show delivery to Cholburi province.

I wonder if the IKEA laminate is to western standards, or is of the poor quality discussed in posts above.

iKEA BangNa will deliver items like work tops to Pattaya.

Would be European quality

Thanks, Ikea is looking favourite right now. Any idea if Ikea would cut the worktop down for me on site?

If it was cut to the actual size I need (172cm long) I think I could just about get it in my car.