Cost Increase For Visa-runners W. The New Rules

Was discussing with a friend that with then old rules for 30 day visa free stamps the typical vire-runner staying here full time would be paying Estm. 2000 Baht/mth(Incl. Cambodian visa) = 24000 Baht/year for staying here.

With the new rules, and for a visa runner not up for super long bus rides(10 hour+ each way) it looks like 2 flights out of country to obtain 2 mth tourist visa (how much are they? about 2000 baht each?+ 2 times 1900 Baht 1 mth extensions are needed. I would also presume that in most cases a hotel night would be needed.

The remaining 6 months (or rather 2 x 3 months) can be the usual 1 mth visaruns.

Can anyone tell me how much extra the above actually costs? If flights/hotel resonable I would think that 9000-10000 Baht (Incl. extension) should do it per trip meaning overall increase have been from 24000/year to 30000-32000/year. Added benefit maybe; some shopping/holiday anyway+less visaruns.

Also; more money goes to Thailand(visa fees+extensions) rather than other country.

Ps. if fly to Camboda there is still the $20 VOA fee. Malaysia a better choice?