Dog drama: Johnny Depp's wife charged with smuggling pooches into Australia

webfact

While Depp and his wife are wrong and did break the law, the minister is an idiot.

"The dogs must get out of town or die!"

What does he think this is? A cowboy movie for animals?

Moron.

Yes, the minister is an idiot and yet I support him 100% in his statement get them out of here or put them down. Australia has very strict quarantine regulations and I agree with and support them completely.

As for them avoiding Australia, that is fine by me, it does not matter who the <deleted> you are or think you are you will abide by the laws of the country or suffer the sanctions until we sign the TPP and then you can do what you like.

No harm to Depp, he took time to visit a children's cancer ward in Brisbane and not publicity seeking, he was genuinely there to help.

As for his bimbo bitch, two legged and four legged, go home, stay home and take your dog with you.

Thailand take note,the law is the law no matter who you are,I expect the doggy lovers will be out in force.Just one question,would you like your child to be bitten on the face and left marked for life.I know I don't,my daughter has suffered this so there is no amount of justification to change my way of thinking.

I am a little confused about any possible connection between Johnny Depp's dogs being flown into the country, bypassing quarantine restrictions = dogs biting children in the face, causing lifelong scars.

I rather think the point is about protecting Australia's delicately balanced eco system, not yours or anyone else's daughter's face. Not that my comment in any way condone dogs biting your daughter in the face or any other part of her body.

Edited by Manbing

Barnaby Joyce proving that there is a flip side to the current drink driving story in Thailand, that status confers certain privilege.

In an effort to demonstrate his willingness to get tough on crime, he's going to hit the Hollywood players and bigwigs for unreasonable prison terms and exorbitant fines for flying pampered pooches into Australia.

The negative impact of this self-serving publicity seeking overzealous prosecution is yet to be seen. HIs common bloke, man of the people, Mr Smith goes to Canberra public persona is ridiculous.

Whats the bet that Johnny Depp has more clout in ensuring future movies, including enduring franchises like Pirates of the Caribbean don't get remade in Australia.

Here's the great man himself, mugging for the camera

Barnaby Joyce

148616-456a951c-b8a6-11e3-a264-cacd3e070

Missus or GF mate? Tinny on the latter...

.....perhaps some stardust in the eyes of one or two Customs officials.

Who will now be seeking alternative employment down at the Job Centre or at the very least, be on the severest of warnings.

Transferred to an inactive post.

No, wait. Never mind. Wrong country.

"Transferred to an inactive post" in Oztralian = .............................sacked ! Pink slip, DCM (don't come Monday), don't know what we are going to do without you but as of tomorrow we are going to find out, etc etc etc thumbsup.gif

Lucky they didn't smuggle them into Thailand , they would be served up for dinner here.

In Thailand the officials would have had to memorize the dogs names and the brand of their collars and then usher them thru the checkpoint.

Or the Aussie film commission could make another version of "Old Yeller", where the dog doesn't really have rabies but is, instead, killed by the insane government bureaucrat out of spite.

Sound more plausible?

Or the Aussie film commission could make another version of "Old Yeller", where the dog doesn't really have rabies but is, instead, killed by the insane government bureaucrat out of spite.

Sound more plausible?

It has nothing to do with spite, just obeying laws enacted to protect our industries and native wildlife. We live on a remote continent free of many of the animal diseases prevalent elsewhere, and we really don't want them TYVM.

Australians not so fondly remember the Pommie immigrants who decided how much nicer the place would be with a few rabbits, and the idiots who decided they needed fox hunting to entertain their dull lives. It was our own fools who introduced cane toads though.

Sound more plausible?

It has nothing to do with spite, just obeying laws enacted to protect our industries and native wildlife. We live on a remote continent free of many of the animal diseases prevalent elsewhere, and we really don't want them TYVM.

Australians not so fondly remember the Pommie immigrants who decided how much nicer the place would be with a few rabbits, and the idiots who decided they needed fox hunting to entertain their dull lives. It was our own fools who introduced cane toads though.

Good, I take it you also don't have a problem with the Indonesians enforcing their laws, when they hang the next Aussie.

Edited by beechguy

Sound more plausible?

Good, I take it you also don't have a problem with the Indonesians enforcing their laws, when they hang the next Aussie.

Absolutely no problem at all. Im all for the death penalty on drug couriers.

Sound more plausible?

Why would I? Anybody smuggling drugs in SE Asia where every country has the death penalty for it is suffering from terminal stupidity.

BTW they shoot them in Indonesia.