Bangkok traffic cops told to respect bosses' privilege

webfact

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad enough having the chief question his subordinates 5 times don't they know who he is ! but to have another high ranking officer tell them what to do next time to avoid the same situation and publicize the fact Well that is just mind blowing to say the least !!!!!

he really is a pompous prig these volunteers were doing their duty and in the eyes of the law he is no different from anyone else, in the uk it doesn't make any difference what a policemans rank is if they are tested positive they are subject to the law this man is telling everybody he is above the law and he shouldn't be asked to take a breathalyser test thainess at its worst .

This could also happen in another 3rd world Banana Republic, where the Police are so corrupt that the uniform symbolize a gangmember uniform rather than a law enforcement person ECXEPT in other Banana Republics they would NOT go out in public and say that the Bosses can violate the traffic rules as they like ... crazy.gifsick.gifw00t.gif

Impossible to make these sick Things up - Wonder how PM is thinking reading about these psychoes in uniform ... ?

Everyone reading this, who is as disgusted by this as I am, need to post it to their FaceBook (if they have one), and ask everyone to share. Make it go viral and just embarrass the crap out of the A-hole.

thats all very well but you may have not seen the recent "if you post sxxt about high ups on social media you maybe charged" dictum

wonder how the memorize number plates thing will work outfacepalm.gifrolleyes.gifcheesy.gif

Everyone reading this, who is as disgusted by this as I am, need to post it to their FaceBook (if they have one), and ask everyone to share. Make it go viral and just embarrass the crap out of the A-hole.

thats all very well but you may have not seen the recent "if you post sxxt about high ups on social media you maybe charged" dictum

wonder how the memorize number plates thing will work outfacepalm.gifrolleyes.gifcheesy.gif

Only need to post a link to the original Khaosod news article.

Edited by MESmith

Being a senior or top gun in a respected organisation must bring with it pride and creditability. But being top fly on a turd brings nothing but contempt.

So instead of saying "do what I say and not what I do" maybe he along with his crones could begun by setting an exemplary example instead of using there position to evade prosecution for things like drunken driving, and running red lights etc. But I think I am beatdeadhorse.gif it's never going to change here all the time they have a hole in there bum.

Thainess cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

We foreigners will never be able to understand it....

wai2.gif

There really isn't anything complex about 'Thainess', it's only a construct created by the management to explain why foreigners can't understand the things that Thais do. The real reason foreigners don't understand 'Thainess' is because it's almost completely disorganised, chaotic, without reason and based on fundamental dishonesties.

Thais are proud of 'never being colonised'. Apart from the very obvious Chinese colonisation, the Burmese colonised TL a few times. but went home because there was nothing to keep them in TL. The English and The French could have but couldn't find anything worthy of the effort so they used it as a bargaining chip. The reality is (and this partly explains why history is never taught in Thai schools), that TL has been a laughing stock for several hundred years, and that is still the case.

The Thai culture (which extends into their legendary - well, in their own minds anyway - negotiating skills) is based on delay and doublespeak. In other words, wait and see what happens then lie your backside off. Of this they seem very proud but it's fundamentally dishonest. And yet they seem to pride themselves on it. Personally I think they confuse lying and cheating and stealing with being cleverer than the next guy. Maybe it's true, after all, if you can steal from, cheat or deceive someone then ipso facto you're smarter than them. Maybe that's it.

And so on. It's a 3rd-world country, in which (according to a previous British ambassador "the Thais are a relatively unintelligent people"). I maintain it is this lack of intelligence that makes them transparent, but doubtless there are those foreigners for whom even unintelligent speech and action are way too subtle and crafty to understand.

Laughing is always better than fulminating. If you don't understand 'Thainess', don't worry, you probably don't understand your birds very well either, or beetles. Just remember, they're not a 3rd-world country by choice. They're a 3rd-world country because that's all they can achieve, no matter how much posturing, boasting and bragging they do to try and save face. It suits them, they like it - especially the rich guys, who like it a lot and don't want it to change.

Which brings us neatly to the word 'shill'

Edited by Down the rabbit hole

My very good friend, who is Thai and from royalty (his dad was a prince), moved back to Thailand a few years ago after living in Dallas for longer than 20 years. He still drives on the Thai Driver's License he got when he was 16 and the second day he was back in Thailand, he was stopped for going the wrong way on a one-way street. The police officer took one look at his family name, saluted him, and requested he not drive the wrong way again; no ticket. My friend is also an ex-policeman and though he has been stopped several times he is never ticketed. Only once did he use the power of influence; he told the police officer that he knew the police officer's boss (he didn't) and the police officer, scared to incur the wrath of his boss, let my friend go out of an abundance of caution. Policemen be warned: Respect your betters or suffer the consequences.

IMO, the foremost and top thing on Prayut's Reform List should have been the RTP. They root out crime, but instead of shutting the crime down, they extort money from the criminals and let the crime continue with them getting a share. Ask Chuvit Komolvisit; he paid Bt. 15 million per month to the RTP to operate his 'Massage Parlors'.

Unless this police general if removed from his high position, the questions is: Are the RTP too powerful for Prayut, even with article 44, to tackle? More and more, it looks to be so.

Edited by rametindallas

Because of the hierarchy system that the Thais have had ingrained in themselves since birth. This insolent behavior does not have any impact on the publics thinking. The public is trained that the elite are afforded these indiscretions without any recourse. This in itself will always keep Thailand in the lowest echelon of progress in the modern world. So sad that these people will forever lack the morals and intelligence that the rest of the world can achieve. They don't even recognize what the issue is, similar to the North Koreans not knowing the state their country is in. Ignorance truly is blissful.

I think that you are wrong.

I think that increasing numbers of Thais are aware that this sort of abuse of privilege goes on.

They know that as things stand there is little that they can do, but they are aware of it, and when one day the opportunity comes, they will make themselves heard. Which will be a very nasty shock for |(some of) the higher echelons in this society.

You can post it on FB and not say a thing. Just as MESmith said, just post the link. If enough people do, you can bet some Thai will see it, and THEN comments will be made.

My very good friend, who is Thai and from royalty (his dad was a prince), moved back to Thailand a few years ago after living in Dallas for longer than 20 years. He still drives on the Thai Driver's License he got when he was 16 and the second day he was back in Thailand, he was stopped for going the wrong way on a one-way street. The police officer took one look at his family name, saluted him, and requested he not drive the wrong way again; no ticket. My friend is also an ex-policeman and though he has been stopped several times he is never ticketed. Only once did he use the power of influence; he told the police officer that he knew the police officer's boss (he didn't) and the police officer, scared to incur the wrath of his boss, let my friend go out of an abundance of caution. Policemen be warned: Respect your betters or suffer the consequences.

IMO, the foremost and top thing on Prayut's Reform List should have been the RTP. They root out crime, but instead of shutting the crime down, they extort money from the criminals and let the crime continue with them getting a share. Ask Chuvit Komolvisit; he paid Bt. 15 million per month to the RTP to operate his 'Massage Parlors'.

Unless this police general if removed from his high position, the questions is: Are the RTP too powerful for Prayut, even with article 44, to tackle? More and more, it looks to be so.

I have similar thoughts.
The police are a brotherhood and a state within the state.
Laws, rules and conventions of a society form the foundation and the guiding principle for all members. Understanding and respect for these rules are the basis for a peaceful coexistence.
In a society some people are responsible for ensuring that these rules are respected.
This is the executive or colloquially the police.
This part of the separation of powers does not seem to work here.
Especially those which are intended to ensure compliance with the laws,
proclaim publicly that this laws not apply for them.

The daily abuse of power and corruption is indeed for a long time to see for everyone.

The result is then a failed state.
The best would be to replace the non-functioning executive leadership gradually with people who understand the basics of a functioning state, respectively have understood the need to comply with laws.
Edited by tomacht8

Peter Drucker says that “rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.”

I think he’s never been to Thailand. coffee1.gif

Well, Peter Drucker writes books praising the latest fad in management styles among MBAs in America and he's pretty rich. If he comes to Thailand I think he'd probably stay at the Oriental. I don't think he concerns himself with nitty gritty stuff like this. Stick with real life. I saw officers in the U.S. Army with attitudes like this, and I've been reading anecdotes since I retired that make me think the problem is even worse than when I was on active duty. Gen. David Petraeus had his own chef, and required that each evening he be served fresh, ripe pineapple, which, most of the places he was located, would have to be flown in each day on a special flight dedicated to just delivering a pineapple. Gen Stanley McChrystal was the same, and Admiral Mike Mullen. This is really egregious, but it's up to the Prime Minister to deal with.

Interesting, I am no newby by any manner of means but that this is being so clearly articulated is shocking and disgusting. I am amazed the his superiors have not shut his mouth, even if this is the reality, stop telling the world about it.

Very disappointed. What a prat

Birds of a feather flock together

The military masters are not going to do anything about this since they need the support on the ground from the Royal Thai Police

Article 44 could be invoked and this yahoo would be in an inactive post before the ink dried, but that is not going to happen in a country that is governed by force, and the police are the guns in the trenches