Bangkok traffic cops told to respect bosses' privilege

webfact

In Canada we've had Police Chiefs (top cop for a major city Police force) resign because they had a glass of wine at a function and then got caught at a check point. Even though they were only slightly above the limit they, of all people, should have known better. There was never any suggestion that they shouldn't have been checked nor any attempt to use their position to try and avoid the check.

I'm kind of surprised that no one in a higher position hasn't come down on this guy and told him to "reconsidered" his position (and statements). He's blatantly and publicly telling people that senior police officers are above the law.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other extraordinary quotes from a truly unbelievable story:

"As for selecting which car for alcohol test, we will judge by the clothes, manner, and the way they talk."

"After talking to someone who is sober for one to two minutes, you should be able to tell that they don’t smell of alcohol," he said. "Those people shouldn't be called to take the test. You have to look. Don't just randomly inspect people."

"After I identified myself to [the volunteer cops], they turned pale," Pol.Lt.Gen. Sriwarah said, according to Matichon.

"If ordinary people have this experience, what would they think? "

So much for "RANDOM" breath tests!

"As for selecting which car for alcohol test, we will judge by the clothes, manner, and the way they talk."

"After talking to someone who is sober for one to two minutes, you should be able to tell that they don’t smell of alcohol," he said. "Those people shouldn't be called to take the test. You have to look. Don't just randomly inspect people."

"After I identified myself to [the volunteer cops], they turned pale," Pol.Lt.Gen. Sriwarah said, according to Matichon.

What does "ordinary people" mean?

This is corruption at its worst. Now the commanders are putting themselves above the law.

This is why no one has respect for the police force. They look at the police as money grubbing individuals that are above the Law. No one is above the law.

Until this is cleaned up and police, ALL POLICE, follow the law nothing will change here in Thailand

Mr Prime Minister a situation like this screams for your attention . Lets see if you really are a Thai savior

What does "ordinary people" mean?

HiSo,VIP,anybody with a Merc or BMW or better, they are the privileged, the rest of us

are just ordinary.

regards worgeordie

Is incredible with witch arrogance the law is bent here.
The laws are clearly violated, ridiculed and trampled here buy police VIP´s.
Those are great reforms!
clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif
Thailand urgently needs Rulers who respect the laws.

Edited by tomacht8

When out of uniform (as he was) become part of the great unwashed. Even if in uniform and behavior is similar to drunk (which his would, in country where laws matter) not above being tested. He should be happy it wasn't a body cavity search, tho some might want to see how much empty space is between his ears.

I think this is the most obscene thing that I have read about the Thai police. This senior officer should have taken the test to show that he is not above the law - now everybody knows he is just a corrupt mafia boss.

A chance to say the right thing or the wrong thing wasted again, these deluded pond life will always choose whatever it is that serves them best, no surprise really that is how most of them and their ilk got where they are....

Seems to be when that's related to the law, justice or morality if it is a 50/50 choice they always seem to choose to do or say the most wrong, corrupt or most self serving option.....the real shame is they cannot even see the error and complete arrogance of it and because of that change reconcilliation and justice is impossible.....sad but they do say that sometimes a people get the government they deserve

Respect the rank not the man everyone knows that. Otherwise the rule of law will break down.

Whether its driving drunk, carrying unregistered weaponry onto foreign aircraft and or simply obfuscating the details of international tourist murder inquiries.