23-year-old man jumps to his death from 16/fl of a hotel in Bangkok

webfact

Maid saw him sitting on the balcony, crying, apparently alone in the room.

Ok, that pretty much rules out any "assisted suicide", and makes it a strong case for straight suicide.

The question is: Why?

At 23, what could be so emotionally devastating to bring someone to that?

Depression / mental illness can be quite intense at that age. I direct your attention to Kurt Cobain - Age 27. His pain was documented.

Must have been a shock for some of the residents. That's a serviced apartment set up. I had dinner in the restaurant a few months ago and it's pretty decent as far as these places go. This part of Silom is quiet. Not full of seedy beer bars or hookers like one gets on the other side of Silom.

Some pretty tasteless responses to the death of this young man.

Sometimes TV stoops to a new low ( if that is possible )

Not familiar with Thai media outlets and Thai webforums, are you?

coffee1.gif

Perfectly familiar thank you - more posts than you on this site .

I suppose I should have really said 'Thai language media outlets for Thais, and Thai language webforums for Thais' just so the not-too-intelligent amongst us could follow.

coffee1.gif

Oh dear, I would have though this site might have grown up by now... comments such as yours and 90% of the other puerile ones in this thread. Where's the jerk emoticon when one needs it?

This building does not have any balconies, just barely half a meter edge going around the building at each floor. The window goes all the length of the room with 2 narrow openings at each side with the hinges at the top. To get out is quite tricky and once outside on the narrow edge the staff would have had no way to stop him from jumping. A bit after 08:30 while waiting for the elevator for at least a minute, the door of his room being wide open, I saw him, his back toward me, immobile staring outside, the window still closed. I found it a bit odd since the view outside is the back of the next building 20m away and the fact that he was contemplating suicide never crossed my mind. That was may-be 20mn before the maid got on the floor and saw him already outside.Thanks God I did not see him outside on the edge, crying and then jumping. RIP

Edited by Zyxel

But they need to publish the room number, otherwise some poor Thai might find himself being haunted.

The number of room will be withheld the same as certain fatal car accidents registration number so that a select few can benefit from the inside information as to what the next lottery number will be.

My Gf knows this guy, he came into our salon in Pattaya bout 6 mths ago. He lives near her family in Maesot with a Russisn bf. (yes i did say russian) an as far as we know they split up a short while ago.

So yes prob thought life was not worth living anymore came back down to bkk to find true love again an maybe without any luck with what he had before. So decided to end it there an then.

Such a young age also.

RIP laddy.

coffee1.gif

Perfectly familiar thank you - more posts than you on this site .

Is that some sort of excuse for being an unpleasant human being and having no empathy or emotional intelligence . Maybe these days, sitting behind a key board spouting drivel - thinking you are being amusing or clever is now socially acceptable.

Yes do post cutting, witty, amusing posts on a variety of topics- but not when it involves the death of someone so young.

Yes totally true, an if he cares to read my previous post on what actually happened then it might shut him up. Edited by Sooo Upto Me

RIP Saran Duangmanee another sad demise of a farang in Thailand just a few tears then jump and I am sure his actions will cause even more tears now for his family, shame that its not compulsory to have Samaritans phone numbers in every room above the 1st floor in all buildings, have people not got friends over here that they can talk to regarding problems that they have mental or other personal problems woman /boys. We have a few desperate characters in our local bar but everyone here talks to anyone about anything and so no hidden problems everyone knows everything about everyone at our local. I am sure it must help some guys get things off their chests

The people in the afterlife would do anything to be able to live.

I've convinced a lot of people to not commit suicide just simply saying that.

1. How do you know there is an afterlife and what it might be like?

2. And if there is an afterlife (I personally don't see any reason to believe there is one), how do you know what the 'people' there think???