any where to go where can have beers and kids, sukhumvit area

2008bangkok

is there anywhere in suk area where serves beer but also where kids can have a play, bit like a wackey warehouse in Uk, meeting up with a mate who havnet seen in year for a few hours in the daytime both have kids now but would still like a beer

Pretty sure someone will be able to do that , apolagies still figuring out the tv app to do so.

But i do remember it turned into members asking why the op needed a beer when he was with his kid.

Maybe this time around will not be the same ?

When you haven't seen a mate for 4 years you wanna beer catch up, but sods law we both have the kids so combining the 2 is better.

Hopefully the member who made those comments has had the steel boots removed or had a child of his own :)

There are a couple of little restaurants off of Soi 11 where Cheap Charlies is located. Most of these restaurants will have some outdoor seating and the kid can run around a little without getting run over. I've taken my kid there a couple of times in the early evening before the larger crowds show up.

I've also had some success down past Soi 12 where the V8 Diner is located. Their outside area used to be much larger when Sunrise Tacos was there.

The ideal place where you can drink with your long lost mate and let your children run around is either one of your homes or one of your hotels. Keeping the children out of bars would do everyone a favour (including your children) as they are always a nuisance to real customers. And, yes, I do have children, four of them, and they do not get taken to inappropriate places like those that you are looking for.

I'm pretty sure the OP didn't say he wanted to take his kid to an "inappropriate place". There's nothing inappropriate about meeting at a restaurant, especially one where the kid can be outside.

I take mine to restaurants every few weeks and just make sure she doesn't bother other people. Give her some food, especially french fries, and she's happy for a couple of hours while I visit with friends (and have a beer).

The ideal place where you can drink with your long lost mate and let your children run around is either one of your homes or one of your hotels. Keeping the children out of bars would do everyone a favour (including your children) as they are always a nuisance to real customers. And, yes, I do have children, four of them, and they do not get taken to inappropriate places like those that you are looking for.

Did you actually read my post?? It quite clearly said is there a place to take kids like a wacky warehouse type place which if you are not familiar with you should research before typing with the trap door wide open,

I don't know what a wacky warehouse is but.....what about asking about a day pass for the kids at a hotel pool, something like the Marriott, Sheraton, Radisson, etc? Kids go in the water, you and your friend quaff cold ones in poolside chairs.

Pretty sure someone will be able to do that , apolagies still figuring out the tv app to do so.

But i do remember it turned into members asking why the op needed a beer when he was with his kid.

Maybe this time around will not be the same ?

When you haven't seen a mate for 4 years you wanna beer catch up, but sods law we both have the kids so combining the 2 is better.

Hopefully the member who made those comments has had the steel boots removed or had a child of his own :)

have the beers at home

In Europe nobody bats an eyelid about children running loose in bars and restaurants!! Until the wee hours of the morning. I think the OP is just looking for a safe place to meet his friend and his kids can have some fun too. It's no big ask. And doesn't need nasty retorts about how he should or should not bring up his own children.

There must be somewhere in a city of 12 million people. I could show you at least 15 in my city of 250,000 people.

Edited by Patsycat

Funarium,next to K village on suk soi 26, they have a coffee shop in there, it may even sell bottled beer but not sure about that. Anyway its pretty safe with staff who can keep an eye on them, so you can turn them loose for a bit while you catch-up with your friend. If they are old (and responsible) enough you could even leave them in there and head across the carpark to Wine Connection or the new beer place next door.

Edited by wordchild

Funarium,next to K village on suk soi 26, they have a coffee shop in there, it may even sell bottled beer but not sure about that. Anyway its pretty safe with staff who can keep an eye on them, so you can turn them loose for a bit while you catch-up with your friend. If they are old (and responsible) enough you could even leave them in there and head across the carpark to Wine Connection or the new beer place next door.

Funarium has a new rule that states at least one adult must stay with the kids to supervise them at all times. Cuts down on the potential for adult relax time with a cold one.

Is a beer that important that you cannot have soft drinks instead when the kids are there in the afternoon.

I cannot understand the "there must be beer available" attitude all the time.

No wonder there are so many people with drink problems.

Is a beer that important that you cannot have soft drinks instead when the kids are there in the afternoon.

if you haven't seen your mate a long time it is nice to go on the piss. would be better for kids and parents if you outsource them during that drinking session

if you haven't seen your mate a long time it is nice to go on the piss. would be better for kids and parents if you outsource them during that drinking session

We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

And now you know why no one wants to visit you, lol.

I'd just pick a quiet beer garden like the one on Soi 19 past the Black Swan...safe enough there and you could enjoy a beer or two.

The Crossbar on Soi 23 often has families in too...no bother if the kids are well behaved.

And now you know why no one wants to visit you, lol.

How do you know how many visitors I get? and why do I often get to meet people from Thaivisa, and meet the same ones regularly?

Now stop trying to cause trouble and just run along.

How do you know how many visitors I get? and why do I often get to meet people from Thaivisa, and meet the same ones regularly?

Says the guy whose only contribution to the thread is self-righteous moral indignation directed at the OP.

Says the guy whose only contribution to the thread is self-righteous moral indignation directed at the OP.

I am just giving my opinion, and stand by it, now you have given me your opinion, so lets just agree to disagree and end this debate.

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone, as it turns out we decided to go to my mate hotel pool and have a couple of beers there while the kids had a swim.

To be honest Im kind of suprised with all the haters response, there is nothing wrong with going to a family friendly bar that has ammenities catering for them (which is what i said in my original post) and having a couple of beers, taking a 5 year old to Nana at 9pm wouldnt be on but just because kids are present doesnt mean parents cannot enjoy ourselfs.

What i find laughable is thats its the haters who obviously have the issues as they seem to be the one's who visit the improper establishments and assume that's where everybody drinks and there is nothing else to bangkok bars apart from sleaze.

Anyway once again thanks for the posters who can see past there rose coloured specs and provided good advice, will use it in the future.

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone, as it turns out we decided to go to my mate hotel pool and have a couple of beers there while the kids had a swim.

To be honest Im kind of suprised with all the haters response, there is nothing wrong with going to a family friendly bar that has ammenities catering for them (which is what i said in my original post) and having a couple of beers, taking a 5 year old to Nana at 9pm wouldnt be on but just because kids are present doesnt mean parents cannot enjoy ourselfs.

What i find laughable is thats its the haters who obviously have the issues as they seem to be the one's who visit the improper establishments and assume that's where everybody drinks and there is nothing else to bangkok bars apart from sleaze.

Anyway once again thanks for the posters who can see past there rose coloured specs and provided good advice, will use it in the future.

kids aren't aloud in a bar, restaurant is no problem