Pattaya police to exchange education for fines in minor traffic violations

Rimmer

Pattaya police to exchange education for fines in minor traffic violations

n14up.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya traffic police said, for the next 60 days people who commit minor traffic offenses will no longer be arrested or fined under a campaign stressing education instead.

Speaking at a July 6 meeting with 200 police, motorists and taxi drivers in Jomtien Beach, deputy commander Pol. Maj. Pawatchai Sudsakorn said those caught a police checkpoints not wearing helmets, parking in restricted areas and violating other road regulations will not get tickets, but be forced to take a training class to learn more about traffic laws.

The conference at Welcome World Jomtien carried the theme of “we arrest because we love, we fine because we care”, but officials made it clear neither fines or arrests were now being stressed.

Pawatchai said the target of the temporary project is to reduce road accidents and violators by tightening up regulations. The meeting included lectures and explanations of basic traffic regulations that are commonly violated.

He said people tend to park where they want, drive on the wrong side of the road, and rush through red lights.

Checkpoints will be operated throughout the Pattaya area daily, he said.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-police-to-exchange-education-for-fines-in-minor-traffic-violations-49000#sthash.FidBk73a.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-07-17 footer_n.gif

So now the small fines are being removed completely. Good idea.

No arrests. Good idea.

Re-educating not to selfishly double park. Great idea.

Re-educating the purpose to wear a safety helmet is for personal protection and not for preventing a Police fine. Great idea.

Re-educating the dangers of "jumping red lights". Fantastic idea.

Re-educating the need for lights on motor-bikes. Fantastic idea.

Re-educating the reason not to ride a motor-bike on pedestrian sidewalks. Fantastic idea.

This Re-Education will make untold progression in the advancement of Pattaya City !!!

So, how do they plan to coordinate these classes? I'm dubious. Are these "classes" only for the Thais, or will they continue to harass the farangs?

After all, they do seem to target us more frequently than their fellow countrymen. The classes will be held in Thai. Do you think they gave this any thought?

I think I'll take a drive up past the Ambassador later, to put it to the test. There's usually a pile of them up there just waiting to pounce...

I doubt that it will ever happen.

No, I'm positive this will never get off the ground. Another brainwave from the boys.

So, how do they plan to coordinate these classes? I'm dubious. Are these "classes" only for the Thais, or will they continue to harass the farangs?

After all, they do seem to target us more frequently than their fellow countrymen. The classes will be held in Thai. Do you think they gave this any thought?

I think I'll take a drive up past the Ambassador later, to put it to the test. There's usually a pile of them up there just waiting to pounce...

I doubt that it will ever happen.

No, I'm positive this will never get off the ground. Another brainwave from the boys.

Sounds like a job for the FTPV or what ever they call themselves now days.

Recon they will give re-education a go, but think they may all need to do the first re-education class themselves, just to set an example to us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wai2.gif

will not last long, no income(brown bags)!! need a way to make money!!

the traffic cop will have the option to fill his brown bag or send the offender to traffic school!! would you pay or go to traffic school!!??

The traffic violators aren't ignorant of the law, they just don't give a damn. Therefore education ain't going to do any good. However, meaningful and consistent punishment and fines would help.

Pattaya police to exchange education for fines

No, no, no, no, no. You educate them on how to drive and operate in traffic BEFORE you even give them a license and then ENFORCE the rules and procedures you taught them ... you flaming buffaloes.

for the next 60 days people who commit minor traffic offenses will no longer be arrested or fined under a campaign stressing education instead.

And after 60 days ....... ?????????

God! they're useless!

blink.png

Edited by Fullstop

onemorechang wrote.

but think they may all need to do the first re-education class themselves, just to set an example to us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wai2.gif

100% correct. I won't be holding my breath though!!

Edited by Oil Baron

You just can't make up this stuff. Another weird rule that would be laughed at in the rest of the world. Education starts at home and in driving schools.

Edited by balo

“we arrest because we love, we fine because we care” and "we settle on the spot because we don't love paperwork"

"those caught a police checkpoints not wearing helmets, parking in restricted areas and violating other road regulations will not get tickets, but be forced to take a training class to learn more about traffic laws." May I humbly suggest that they also assign police foolish enough to be out there in traffic also attend? They might want to learn about traffic laws, maybe special extended sessions about moving violations: speeding, illegal lane changes, drunk driving, driving against traffic and/or on sidewalk.... you know, the stuff that leads to mass carnage on the highways....

• 1 month later...

Well I just got done for running a red light and out of date tax disc (i had the recipt for my new tax disc but he said no good - have to have real one on my window)

no offer of education - I sent my girl to offer him 1000b on the spot (she was in the car with me) and he said he dont want it, but he would take her Line ID!!