Philippine firm hails leadership skills of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Marcos

webfact

And how many innocent Afghans, Syrians Libyans and Iraqis have died so far?

The article seems to focus on the Philippines and it's advertising strategy.

Perhaps the question is best directed to that company.

Stalin was just an evil SOB and there was nothing great about him at all.

Hitler took his country from nothing to the brink of ruling almost the whole world outside the USA. He must have had some qualities to get the Nation behind him and do that.

Things started going backwards when the pressure of war and syphilis sent him crazy and he proved to us how absolute power does indeed corrupt absolutely. And then lost the plot completely. Before that though, he did rather well. And remember he did it for his country and the German people. There is a lot more to his story than what the 'victors' have written, especially pre-war.

Now they are using the 'EU' to do effectively the same thing. They just conquered Greece.

Try to learn history not by watching Hollywood movies but by reading books. It was Red Army with Stalin as leader who killed this "crazy syphilitic".And Stalin wasn't "evil" for most of Russians. Anyway, I believe that every one of those dictators had mentals problems. Same as the most of modern leaders as well..I don't believe in sanity of persons who directly or not directly was a cause of thousands deaths. If you kill one person- you're murder..If you kill millions- you're a fighter for some great idea..<deleted> em all.

I think it's easy to find fault with this sales pitch, and difficult for most to read between the lines and understand what was being said here.

It is inarguable that those characters were charismatic leaders, and through dint of their personalities, found a huge following.

As a management recruitment firm, there are positive things to garner from those dastardly people's modus operandi, speaking style, etc.

The firm is not condoning their outcomes, just appreciating the overall rapture they they were able to achieve.

Actually, I was all prepared to be very negative on this article, but I tend to agree with you. If I owned the company I wouldn't have done this, but I don't own it.

I do feel the company should have added at the beginning of this list of leaders some disclaimer about the atrocities they performed, but there's no question these people commanded the attention and following of huge groups of people and I supposed there were some good works they achieved. It's just too bad they used their charisma to lead these groups of people into performing horrible atrocities.

What a load of old nonsense from the above 2 contributors who one wonders whether they wish to legitimise these leaders as does the stupid Philippine company. On a par with the Thais who every so often put up big signs of A. Hitler and retreat when confronted into 'its just a laff'. As for management theory, to separate 'charisma' and 'rapture' from the end products of what they have achieved should lead anybody thinking of employing their services to throw the literature into the bin.

I actually remember a guy in my university who did a paper on why Hitler was a great man. Made everyone in the class puke when the professor gave him a B for the paper.

The question I would ask is whether anybody in the class objected, or just stood by.

Well to be honest they were indeed superachievers. Which has nothing to do with what they achieved.

Hitler was a failure who ended up putting a revolver in his mouth and blowing his brains out.

I don't think that's the point. Hitler wasn't a failure at gathering crowds of followers lemmings. I agree he was a failure at just about everything else after he got so many people motivated and/or intimidated and got power.

This is a management recruitment firm, not a talent scout for dictators, mass murderers and assorted charismatic scum. A company with a strong sense of corporate social responsibility is not going to be too happy about being associated with a firm that admires the sickest humans who ever lived. As a PR exercise, mark this a "fail", and seek your executive talent elsewhere.

PS: I don't see Charles Manson's name on the list.