Thailand - Pretty Much Done With It

sweetest_mango

your just a dumb ass, uneducated babbitt.

Sourest_Mango, from the quality of your post I would naturally assume that statements like this were directed soley at yourself... Quite what a "babbitt" is I'm not too sure... It obviously can't be in reference to Isaac Babbitt, who was an "educated" American inventor (but then you wouldn't know that)

I am sure you will do much better in the future if you read my sig (It doesn't use any big words) and take notice - take LOTS of notice... :o

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read sweetest mango nice posting a few times and still have difficulty commenting about it.

If it is too good (or too bad in this case) to be true, it probably isn't.

He is describing in a very graphic manner a "small" part of the farangs coming to Thailand. Even if they are few compared to the total number of visitors/residents, they exist,...

Of course, since he posts his comments on this forum, seemingly answering other postings, he is maybe, maybe thinking that about all the farang in Thailand.

If it is the case, it does not deserved to be answered,... :o

Boon Mee, while you suggested he does have a valid point about a certain group of expats not learning the language or culture, I’d still say that a large percentage of those expats still have more respect and consideration for Thai culture than this guy has presented.

If it wasn’t for the humour, this thread would be a massive waste of bandwidth.

Insight,

Agree a much greater percentage of Farang living permanently in LOS attempt to learn the culture and language but I've also witnessed some, who, whether lazy or arrogant or whatever make little or no effort. Oh well, it's their loss. :o

Boon Mee, while you suggested he does have a valid point about a certain group of expats not learning the language or culture, I’d still say that a large percentage of those expats still have more respect and consideration for Thai culture than this guy has presented.

If it wasn’t for the humour, this thread would be a massive waste of bandwidth.

Insight,

Agree a much greater percentage of Farang living permanently in LOS attempt to learn the culture and language but I've also witnessed some, who, whether lazy or arrogant or whatever make little or no effort. Oh well, it's their loss. :o

i've seen and met some farangs here who are completley ignorant to the culture, traditions and general way of life here in thailand, complaining because every sign they see is'nt in english or not going outside of pattaya for example incase farangs are'nt catered for.

i know a guy from the states whos been here for nearly 30 years and still won't adapt.

i find it hard sometimes especially last month when at 10pm i was lost on harley which was'nt even mine in din daeng trying to find a particular address stuck on the wrong side of the tollway, that really pissed me off but i excepted it and kept my nerve and eventually 2 hours late found the f*****g place.

i come from london and the thais make alot more effort to comunicate than we would for foriegners back home.

but as boonmee says there is majority here who don't make the effort.

i do because i enjoy being here and don't want to look like an ignorant farang.

although like everybody there are some things which really piss me off.

No, he is for real.

If he means it, some mental problems.

If it is a joke, some mental problems.

If we take him for real, he should get some counseling, Ann Landers RIP should do.

My advice still is: 'look for a job that combines sex and travel'.

If he cannot remember the joke, it was the guy who studied at Mumbai university and applied for a job in London. NHothinhg offered was acceptable, because it was below his educatiopnal standard of Mumbai university. So finally the guy doing the interview suggested to look for a job that combines sex and travel.

In other words FUKC OFF.

Hope sour grape I was polite enough.

No, he is for real.

If he means it, some mental problems.

If it is a joke, some mental problems.

If we take him for real, he should get some counseling, Ann Landers RIP should do.

Hope sour grape I was polite enough.

Ok, Axel, so let's conclude it.

He does not deserve more comments from our side,... :o

Dr PP...'give me 20' is a quaint american colloquialism referring to press-ups (push-ups in our language) uttered by bullying physical education instructors everywhere. I suggested once that the perpetrator be prepared to bend over for the delight (he was a butch homosexual) and was nearly expelled from high school for my trouble...

Dr PP...'give me 20' is a quaint american colloquialism referring to press-ups (push-ups in our language) uttered by bullying physical education instructors everywhere. I suggested once that the perpetrator be prepared to bend over for the delight (he was a butch homosexual) and was nearly expelled from high school for my trouble...

Sounds like the guy on the beach doing push ups with a young boy watching bemusedly. The kis went up and said ' Excuse me Mister, yer girl is not there ' :o

Hey

Why is everyone so hostile, lighten up.

Davethailand really needs some happy pills, these Pattaya kids really have a chip on shoulder. Must be all those dirty stinking prostitutes they choose to live with and amongst.

So many lovely women in Thailand why live with the scumbags?

Talking about culturally ignorant farangs...I've known a few who never ventured out of either Pat Pong (they sure knew all 3 streets there) Soi Cowboy, or Pattaya. A big trip to them might be down to Samui but to get up to Chaing Mai or even take in the Golden Buddha in BKK - nooooo. Not interested. :o

Talking about culturally ignorant farangs...

Talking about culture. I am often amazed by the little knowledge Thai people have of their own history and culture (and it is not to excuse the farang you are referring to,...). Is it a subject that is overlooked in Thai school because not "important" or is it something else I don't know,...?

Hey

Davethailand really needs some happy pills, these Pattaya kids really have a chip on shoulder. Must be all those dirty stinking prostitutes they choose to live with and amongst.

i'm an extremely happy person, especially because i live in pattaya,

stupid comments from narrow minded idiots piss me off.

dirty stinking prostitutes what the <deleted> is that about. i forgot pattaya was the only place in thailand with girls (prostitutes).

you might as well go with that other idiot sweetest mango.

Blue cat

You are right on about the Thai's not knowing much of their own history or country. Atleast thats my experience. When I worked in Thailand I had a company driver to use on my days off and I got the most out of him that I could. I pretty much covered most of central and southern Thailand. When i got back to the states and showed our Thai friends the pictures of the places we visited, most of them did not know that these places were in Thailand. I asked my wife if she knew of these places and for the most part she did not.

But to be fair there are a lot of places in the states that I have never heard of.

Hey

Davethailand really needs some happy pills, these Pattaya kids really have a chip on shoulder.  Must be all those dirty stinking prostitutes they choose to live with and amongst.

i'm an extremely happy person, especially because i live in pattaya,

stupid comments from narrow minded idiots piss me off.

dirty stinking prostitutes what the <deleted> is that about. i forgot pattaya was the only place in thailand with girls (prostitutes).

you might as well go with that other idiot sweetest mango.

I'll go halves on the bus fare to the border!

Laos would welcome him, I think - maybe Burma (Ooops, sorry, SLORC renamed it Myanmar, didn't they.)