Anyone used the Seresto anti-tick and flea collar on their dog?

Our dog has the monthly injections, which have worked well but just this month and despite keeping up with the injections, she has had loads of ticks. Could be the season I guess but we are going to keep her in our yard more and not let he play with the neighbours dogs like she used to each morning.

Ditto.........still getting ticks from our garden.

That's a huge part of the problem. I use to have 3 big dogs when I lived in the they US. Fleas were all over them. Dealing with the yard was the only way to take care of this problem.

I try to keep my grass cut. Ticks love longer grass to breed.

What can I use to treat the garden. Meatboy suggested termite spray.

Obviously don't want to use anything harmful to pets.

as we would more or less do anything that would give our beloveds cats aswell a heathy life,i just came up with a products name [shampoo] that i used 40yrs.ago when i had greyhounds in the uk.SHIRLEY'S.

so i looked to see if they still were arround,well i found them alright but what i read makes me shudder,what do you think.

WWW.SHIRLEY'S WELLNESS CAFE.

I live on a large property in Isaan, adjacent to a forest and river and the tick infestation in the past 6 months has been unreal. To spray the grounds would be futile as the forest also comes into play. Small black ones and then a much larger grey coloured type. I have been taking my dog to a local vet, who injects him but other than my dog hating him and wanting to bite his head off, it has not reduced the number of ticks.

My wife spends many hours each week, by hand, sometimes a couple of hundred at a time. Since the rain commenced they are even more prolific. The dog shows no sign of discomfort and has little, if any fleas but these bloody ticks, so many. Once removed they are squashed between tissue paper and I can see that they are all full of blood. I see some only get a few ticks, god I wish this was the case with my fella.

I've also tried a product sold by the pet shops, (B150) don't know the name and put it on the skin between the shoulders and also front line, which is very expensive at B2500 for 3 months but neither have worked. I wash him weekly with a tick and flea wash and also use a tick and flea powder but nothing seems to work. I am really at my wits end as I believe these things can give a dog a blood disease which can make them ill and even require blood transfusion

He's a 1 year old pedigree German Shepherd and being part of our family I have no problem in spending money in protecting him but I just can't find anything that works. I don't want him to be injected any more, as on every occasion, he reacts adversely to it, only through pain for a short period of time. I can see why he doesn't take to kindly to the vet. I will read every post and hope that someone has found a product that works, or at the very least, reduce these blighters significantly.

Don't squash them, specially the mature grey big ones, these are the female ticks and are full of eggs, once they are released the eggs can hatch. It is better to buy a small bottle of Bayticol and make a recommended solution, this is the same what they call sheep dip. When taking the ticks out by hand put some of the solution in a glass or cut of plastic bottle and dispose of the ticks in this solution. When you don't have this at hand, stick the ticks on a piece of sellotape, when you collected some of them fold the tape double to seal them, this is also a great way if you see ticks walking on the wall or floor.

Like I posted before and also others, buy Ex-Dex 4000. 10 tablet for 70-90 baht, the best and cheapest way.

We must be lucky here in our part of Issan (Khon Kaen). Never seen a flea.

As soon as our first dog started getting ticks, we started using Frontline. It works great for us. ! Thai mutt and 1 German Shepherd.

I apply it once every 3 months. Maybe once a month I find a dead tick on them.

I pay B1050 for a pack of 3 doses, but of course no price is too much (I think no need to explain).

I would just like to add that the ticks that are attacking my dog and that gave her the tick parasite poisoning are immature ticks.

SO THEY ARE SUPER TINY. and found mainly in the web of the paws. need a tweezer to get them.

She can pick up as many as half a dozen while outside only to pee.

This is horrible. Good luck to everybody.

Thanks to all those who have given me some valuable advise. I will try certain products that have been mentioned and hopefully, it will help at least cut down these bloody parasites. And my wife, who is Thai, has told me about the burning process and after they are killed, this is what happens. Again, many thanks.

I have been using one on my cat (results for dogs may be different) for the past 4 months. I'm beginning to see she's picking up fleas already, so I'm highly doubtful about the 8 months claim.

My own feeling is I'll let this run as far as I can, but then I'm going back to using the monthly dose of Frontline.

Just got over an infestation

I nearly tried everything on the shelf except for ringing in the local pest control guys

then I found Whisher powder (white tub with dark green cap) at Tesco I dust the dog and all his bedding I also mix up a batch and spray all the furniture and surrounds

works a treat

I have been using that for the last few years and found it to be very good, I dust my 4 dogs every weeks.

The most I ticks I have remove from each dog is no more than 3,some being dead.

But I forgot and got out of the routine, one of the dogs went off his food for 4 days, took him to the vets, he had tick fever, and his blood count was only 12.

This can lie dormant in their system for months even a year.

He was put on antibiotics and liver support tabs for 4 weeks, just took him back for a blood test and its back to normal, just waiting for the results to see if all the parasites have gone.

Now they will get dusted without fail