Thai gf visa to australia. What is my required financial situation at home?

I've done this a couple of times. Tourist visa is assessed on two simple criteria. 1) does she have reasons to return home 2) can she sustain herself financially during the visit

For 1 letter from employer stating she has a job to return to outweighs anything else.

For 2 ideally she needs to have enough cash/credit for the stay and if not she has access (you)

And of course an invitation from you is mandatory. I usually slip in a stat dec that says I will support her with accommodation, financial etc.

I would recommend against an agent. It's so simple to do and she can save the agents fee for more useful stuff eg trip to star city lol

My Thai GF of the past had an executive level job at BoT. She applied for and received two tourist visas. Both times I was asked to show proof of finances. I would guarantee any debts incurred in America would be repaid. I assume Aus is the same.

If the girl has money or a job in Thailand that doesn't help anyone in America collect from her. Its not just that they want to know she will return to Thailand but that any money owed in your country would be paid.

not the same in oz.

Taking a home grown Thai female out of Thailand, into a Western nation, could be the worst/last mistake you

ever make. Here, they are, usually, darlings but, given the many things/homes/autos available in Australia, could

change your life in unimagined ways. Buy her a big gold bracelet, or even a car, HERE, and tell her disease rampant

in Australia ! Anything but the trip !

looks like you've been burnt old fella. How dare u discourage this by assuming failure by default. Lol. No wonder she left u. Hihihi

Hi

I have had my then girlfriend and now wife a get a visa, we went direct through the VFS office in the Thai cc building in Sathorn, we followed the instructions on the VFS website and get the visa on the first try, we got 3 months tourist visa. On the second visa we asked for 3 month and we received a 1 year multi entry Visa.

My wife has as well helped at least 5 or 6 other to get their visa for Australia using the same check list that we used, i have copied the list and you will see it below

Australian Tourist Visa Application List

The list below to submit as part of an Australian tourist visa application is perhaps more than what is required. However, I am sure that you will agree that a little extra time in the preparation is a lot better than being refused a visa. If possible you should gather these documents in Australia before departure for Thailand. If you are already in Thailand most, if not all, can be obtained in Thailand.

Here is the list of documents that we provided and why they are required:
Completed application form: a fully completed application from is a must. You can download a form from the documents down load page. There is also a Thai version of the form with both English and Thai.

Letter from her employer: this is important as it provides a reason for her to return to Thailand. This is one of the most important factors that the person looking at the application will look for. If it is believed that she will not depart Australia in compliance of the visa the application will be refused. Saying that application have been approved without a a Thai lady having a job to return to. It is recommended that the letter from her employer saying that she has a job to return to be included in the application.

Her bankbook (not a copy) even though she had no savings and a photocopy of it: for some reason they want to see this even if it has no money in. It should not affect the result of the application if she has no savings. If you have been supporting her and it is reflected in her bankbook then ensure that this is highlighted.

Photocopy of her ID card both front and back: this is included as further proof of her identity.

Photocopy of her passport details page: once the application is accepted a recept will be attached to this and the photocopy stamped with some details of the application. It is important to keep this safe as it is required when the passport is to be collected.

Photocopy of her house registration book: Every Thai should be listed in a house registration book. It may be where she is actually living or where her family live.

Letter of invitation: this can be used to detail why she wants to go to Australia. Use it as a tool to highlight the strengths in the application. An example of a letter of invitation can be found on the Forms for Download page.

Statutory declaration stating the nature of your relationship with her and what you will provide for her whilst in Australia: the letter of invitation is a good tool to help the application but it doesn’t have too much weight. If you really want to drive home your sincerity then a statutory declaration is the way to go. If you are in Bangkok a stat dec can be witnessed at the Australian Embassy for 500 Baht. You do not need an appointment for this service. An example of a statutory declaration can be found on the Forms for Download page.

Letter from your employer or evidence of regular income: if you state in the application that you will be providing financial assistance for her in Australia then you have to prove that you are capable of doing it. To do this you have to show that you have a regular income high enough to support both her and herself for the duration of her stay. Evidence can be a letter from your employer, pay slips or a statement from the account into which your salary is paid into. If possible more than one piece of evidence is recommended. If the person is not convinced that sufficient funds are available for her stay in Australia the application is likely to be refused.

Evidence of communication while you are apart: It is not necessary to prove that a relationship between you and the lady you want to bring to Australia exists. However there are benefits to show that there is some link between the two of you. For that reason it is a good idea to show that there is communication between you and her while you are away from Thailand. This can be telephone records, emails or letters with original envelopes. Also you may like to provide evidence for the time you have spent in Thailand with her.

Evidence of any financial support you have given her: again this is just building up a picture that there is a link between the two of you.

Photographs of both of you together: further evidence of a relationship.

Copy of your passport details page: This may or may not be required. If you do not have a copy and are going to the office when submitting the application make sure you have your passport with you. If you will not be going to the office make sure there is a copy with the application.

I hope this can be of some help to you and that you girlfriend enjoys her time in Australia

Don't forget travel / medical insurance......A couple of hundred bucks could save you a small fortune if they are unfortunate enough to have to visit a doctor or worse, end up in a hospital here.

Do not listen to your GF

You simply apply for Visa at immigration and you have nothing to do with her getting a Visa.

She first gets a simple holiday Visa here in Thai.

Do not I reat do not try long term visas here they want your money...........DO IN AUSTRALIA

Visa agents anywhere want your money.I have done plenty of visas by myself and the only people that want money is Aust govt.

Hi .I have done what you are now doing in Australia . My GF at the time stayed with me in Sydney for 14 days .We did all the paper work our selves . Every thing you need to know is on the Australian immigration website .As has been said before ,,immigration want to see your GF has reasons to go back to Thailand ,children ,property ,job to go back to .In your letter of invitation state that your will meet her at the airport and return her to the airport at her time of departure ,show a copy of the RETURN ticket and state that she will be staying at your home for the duration of the stay . State that you will cover all costs for the duration of her stay ,,( medical ,clothing ,food )

I did not and would not supply any one in Thailand a copy off my passport and I did not show proof of my income or savings .

Good luck with her visit .

Bruce

Ok thanks. I will just follow directions from the visa agent then and not worry to much about financial situation then. Thanks

You might have to worry about her financial position,ie money in her bank.100,000 baht in her bank worked for me.

Your g/f only needs a tourist visa for a nominated period under 3 months.

It takes about 4-6 weeks to process.

You are acting as a sponsor and that also includes financial support for her stay. You need to prove you have money for this by way of copies of a recent financial institution monthly statement.

You will also need a certificate of employment or letter from your employer proving employment and salary.

You need to prove your relationship so a letter of introduction is required as is photos, and email corro between you, outlying how met, when, where, etc and at what point she became your g/f. (For me I highlighted a sexual relationship as there are varianances of relationships in Australia). You can type a simple letter for your girlfriend to sign outlining essentially the same to corroborate. I would assert in your application & invitation letter you have been b/f & g/f for a period greater than 12 months otherwise you may not be successful.

A letter from your g/f employer that she is an employee and earns x amount.

Book a return flight with a travel agent (not under 2 months before travelling to allow visa processing) and provide the itinerary to support the fact that she will return. Buy travel insurance and provide a copy of this so it shows she is covered for illness, injury or accident that won't impact financially on the Australian Government or services BUT can be paid if anything untoward occurs.

All documents provided get certified as true copies.

You can complete 99% and have your g/ f sign the rest. Send all docs by DHL courier to her. Once done take to the Embassy agents VIS for processing with the nominated fee.

DONT engage a visa service (unless you're rich and money is no object) it does not guarantee success.

You do not need an agent nor do you need to go to the Australian Embassy. The immigration website provides more than enough info and if you can read/write/type and think then u won't have s problem.

I did this for my g/f, now wife and numerous trips and on a PR visa in Australia which all were accepted first time around without amendments or outside help from anyone.

There are some posts within that are ignorant and unhelpful. As an Aussie Im Happy to assist with samples of my applications obo my Thai wife at those stages if need be.

Cheers & goodluck

If it is under 3 months no xray is needed.I have done 8,and everyone of them was submitted on Monday,down to Cha Am and back for Friday arvo pickup.

My Thai GF of the past had an executive level job at BoT. She applied for and received two tourist visas. Both times I was asked to show proof of finances. I would guarantee any debts incurred in America would be repaid. I assume Aus is the same.

If the girl has money or a job in Thailand that doesn't help anyone in America collect from her. Its not just that they want to know she will return to Thailand but that any money owed in your country would be paid.

not the same in oz.

Yes it is.

If she incurs debts in Australia and leaves, as her sponsor it becomes your problem.

Hi .I have done what you are now doing in Australia . My GF at the time stayed with me in Sydney for 14 days .We did all the paper work our selves . Every thing you need to know is on the Australian immigration website .As has been said before ,,immigration want to see your GF has reasons to go back to Thailand ,children ,property ,job to go back to .In your letter of invitation state that your will meet her at the airport and return her to the airport at her time of departure ,show a copy of the RETURN ticket and state that she will be staying at your home for the duration of the stay . State that you will cover all costs for the duration of her stay ,,( medical ,clothing ,food )

I did not and would not supply any one in Thailand a copy off my passport and I did not show proof of my income or savings .

Good luck with her visit .

Bruce

Ok thanks. I will just follow directions from the visa agent then and not worry to much about financial situation then. Thanks

You might have to worry about her financial position,ie money in her bank.100,000 baht in her bank worked for me.

What's in her bank is no real concern to diac(Or whatever their name is now) when you're the sponsor.

Taking a home grown Thai female out of Thailand, into a Western nation, could be the worst/last mistake you

ever make. Here, they are, usually, darlings but, given the many things/homes/autos available in Australia, could

change your life in unimagined ways. Buy her a big gold bracelet, or even a car, HERE, and tell her disease rampant

in Australia ! Anything but the trip !

looks like you've been burnt old fella. How dare u discourage this by assuming failure by default. Lol. No wonder she left u. Hihihi

Just ignore bitter old trolls like Fred.

For future reference:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for contacting VFS Australia Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query, VFS cannot inform about how much money in the sponsor bank account should have since the Australian embassy does not specify the amount of money.

If the applicant is being supported by an Australian Citizen, the applicant should provide the evidence of relationship and substantial ties between the applicant and the sponsor for your own benefit for example a letter of invitation and evidence of your relationship with the person : correspondence (emails, letters, messaging), telephone bills, photographs, money transfers, or evidence of sponsor financial support and the Embassy will make all decision on those supporting documents that submit.

For future reference:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for contacting VFS Australia Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query, VFS cannot inform about how much money in the sponsor bank account should have since the Australian embassy does not specify the amount of money.

If the applicant is being supported by an Australian Citizen, the applicant should provide the evidence of relationship and substantial ties between the applicant and the sponsor for your own benefit for example a letter of invitation and evidence of your relationship with the person : correspondence (emails, letters, messaging), telephone bills, photographs, money transfers, or evidence of sponsor financial support and the Embassy will make all decision on those supporting documents that submit.

Just like I said.

OP - my experience with getting my cousin from Thailand to visit me in Australia may be of help.

The requirements from the Australian embassy in Bangkok are simple and straight forward.

- stat dec that outlines your relationship withy our g/f, how long you have known her etc

- stat dec that you will provide _all_ financial support for your g/f including if she sick/hospitalised (i.e. so she does not become a burden on Medicare)

- copy of your pay slips or last 2 tax returns to show you have the financial capacity to do so. A letter to state you are currently employed may also help. They don't need to know how much money you have in the bank.

That's pretty much it. All the embassy cares about is that you will be totally responsible for her while in Oz and you are responsible for returning her to Thailand (no visa overstay, do not disappear in Oz and the like). If she does not return they will come after you.

Good luck!

OP - my experience with getting my cousin from Thailand to visit me in Australia may be of help.

The requirements from the Australian embassy in Bangkok are simple and straight forward.

- stat dec that outlines your relationship withy our g/f, how long you have known her etc

- stat dec that you will provide _all_ financial support for your g/f including if she sick/hospitalised (i.e. so she does not become a burden on Medicare)

- copy of your pay slips or last 2 tax returns to show you have the financial capacity to do so. A letter to state you are currently employed may also help. They don't need to know how much money you have in the bank.

That's pretty much it. All the embassy cares about is that you will be totally responsible for her while in Oz and you are responsible for returning her to Thailand (no visa overstay, do not disappear in Oz and the like). If she does not return they will come after you.

Good luck!

Thanks that does help

Mostly good advice being given here. I originally went with a Visa agent in Phuket for a lady who became my previous wife. It was a pleasant enough time dealing with them but amounted to a non result. I ended up re submitting the application addressing the issues that caused the first failure. I have been doing them all myself ever since. It is a bit daunting when you first view the forms and requirements but becomes second nature as you go. Just give them what they ask and do it truthfully and you should have no problem. As stated in previous replies the most important thing they are looking for is a guarantee that she has compelling responsibilities to return to Thailand at its finish. Also that she has you to ensure her safe stay and return home.

Compelling reasons are Property, family, children, employment etc. Another compelling reason can be future intent to apply for a Spousal Visa. People don't want black marks against their names if that is their future intention.

I have just been granted a 3 month Visa for current Thai wife (second and no we are not doing the spouse visa yet) She has a farm and a business that require her to return to Thailand. Also two boys, one in Uni one in High school. This will be her 3rd trip so there is a history of her honouring the requirements on previous trips. We got a knock back on the first application 3 years ago purely because we did not prove compelling reason for her to want to return to Thailand at the end of the Visa. I resubmitted in Bangkok with the required info and we had the visa a week later.

In my experience I have submitted Group Cetificates and recent payslips but never copies of bank statement. Often I have had less cash than you to in balance so have avoided this.

I wish you luck, but don't be discouraged if you do get a knockback first time. Keep a copy of the first submission prior to sending and use this plus the missing information for the second re submission - it will save a lot of time and agro. Some people believe it is standard practice to get a refusal to grant on the first attempt. They believe this is done to sort the serious applicant from the opportunists. I don't necessarily subscribe to this view.

• 2 months later...

To aid anyone in future searching the same thing...

Gf's visa was approved today. Took 11 days to process. Used a visa agent that only cost 3500 baht. I submitted a load of stuff. Pics, chat excerpts, stat decs and lots more. Money in bank was only about 7k at time of submission.

Im not doubting it but apparently there is no visa stamp in her passport and she just has a A4 document that is essentially her visa.

• 1 year later...

It ended up being very succesful last time. I submitted a mountain of stuff to a cheap thai agent that did the running around for a few thousand baht.

I want to take her to oz again but situation is different now.

I have just left a job but have maybe $40,000aud which I can show them. 

Also i have no residence in australia anymore and just rent a condo in thailand.

Family are all willing to help if they need to provide stat decs.

Oh and also we got married since last time. 

Should i just apply using my thai address and the saved funds as all the guarentee?

I have thought of depositing her 100-200 thousand baht if that helps?  

• 1 year later...

For the record as a follow up to my question above.

After being told by 3 visa agents my family would need to do sponsor letters etc as I don't live there.

We did the paperwork ourselves and submitted ourselves.

No documents from family.

Her no job.

Her no money in bank. 

Me no job.

Me no Australian address.

Just a bank statement from me was enough for her tourist visa to be approved.