Government units told to conserve water as an example for the public

Lite Beer

Government units told to conserve water as an example for the public

7-19-2015-4-27-40-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has issued an urgent order instructing all government units to conserve water and to avoid all activities which use a large amount of water so the country will go through this water crisis, said Maj-Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd, deputy government spokesman on Sunday.

“Somebody may think they can afford the water bills and continue to use water as normal. They should better rethink. This is a crisis and we cannot be selfish for our own comfort,” said Maj-Gen Sansern as he urged business operators which consume a lot of water such as golf courses and hotels to start storing up water.

He said that government agencies should set the example for the private sector to follow suit failing that new measures would be imposed.

As for farmers, he begged for cooperation from the farmers to stop pumping water from the Chao Phraya river for another day until Monday so that there would be enough water to push away sea water from the river.

Meanwhile, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration said today that it did not use tap water to wash roads, street pavements and bridges but used recycled water from its waste treatment plant to do the job.

Source: http://englishnews.t...-for-the-public

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-19

First rule for saving water - only flush toilet after every third person.

I think in this case, stop irrigating rice farms would be the way to go. Farmers were told in Feb 2014 there would not be enough water. Flushing a toilet takes take about four liters of water, one kilo of milled rice consumes 3000 to 5000 liters of water.

But I do agree you do not have to flush every trip to the toilet.

The earth has always been about 70% water,it has no where to go,only moves about a bit.I guarantee there will be enough water to sustain Thailand.If in doubt why were ther floods in the UK this week.

I think the answer, unfortunately for Thailand, involves the concept of "management"..............

"We cannot be selfish for our own comfort" - the insincerity just oozes from his privileged pores..............

Will he be happy to be driven around in his official car that looks grubby because his driver has decided not to waste water ?