Australian working holiday visa for Thai national

Hi guys,

I'm a British national in Australia on a working holiday visa. I'd like to get my Thai gf over here on a working holiday visa of her own but after briefly looking into it it seems pretty complicated and there is some kind of quota etc.

Has anybody been in my situation and managed to achieve this? What was involved?

Thanks

One of my Thai staff successfully applied for this 2 years ago. She was a recent university graduate at the time, and I recall her saying that the day that applications are open the entire quota gets filled.

One of my Thai staff successfully applied for this 2 years ago. She was a recent university graduate at the time, and I recall her saying that the day that applications are open the entire quota gets filled.

What's the quota something ridiculous no doubts like 500.

Yeah, you're right. The quota is low compared to the western counties that have had the same arrangement for working holiday visas for people below age 28. I would expect that it's still at 'experimental' level by Australian Immigration and will increased over time if there's little evidence of abuse (eg, rampant overstayers).

What's the quota something ridiculous no doubts like 500.

The Thailand Australia Work & Holiday arrangement is a reciprocal program with 500 places available for Thai applicants each financial year (1 July–30 June). The program provides young people with the opportunity for a 12 month holiday with permission to work if they wish so that they can enjoy the cultural experience and interaction of living and working in Australia. Participants may only work for any one employer for a maximum of 6 months. Applicants must also have the financial capacity to support themselves so that they do not have to rely entirely on earning from their incidental employment.

http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/files/bkok/Visa_Work%20and%20Holiday%20Nov14.pdf

There is an unrestricted quota for people originating from 19 other countries with relevant treaty arrangements. E.g.

1. United Kingdom – 38,782 (up 8.6%)
  2. South Korea – 29,614 (up 8.1%)
  3. Taiwan – 28,599 (up 57%)
  4. Germany – 24,687 (up 17%)
  5. France – 22,539 (up 22.6%)

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2013-09-02/australia-issues-more-working-holiday-visas

Edited by simple1