Suvarnabhumi Airport seize case postponed to 2016

webfact

Airport seize case postponed to 2016
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court Monday resolved to postpone the submission date of evidence against 98 members of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to February, 2016.

The decision followed public prosecutors’ statement today that evidence was not ready due to the vast quantity. The next date is set at February 1.

Ninety two defendants including Chamlong Srimuang and Sondhi Limthongkul were present at the court. They face charges in connection with their protests that laid siege to Suvarnabhumi Airport in 2008.

Thirteen leaders also face another lawsuit that demands compensation of Bt522 million. Defeated in the lower and appeals courts, they are planning to take the case to the Supreme Court.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Airport-seize-case-postponed-to-2016-30264866.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-21

"evidence was not ready due to the vast quantity." OMG how much evidence do you need? It would be like murder case postponed due to need to examine lead mining sites, foundry, factory where bullets were made, every gun outlet, etc etc... then forest where gun stock wood was grown, study of climate during those years, ad nauseum.... How about "they were here, they unlawfully took over airport, here are videos, caused this damage" end of case.

I seem to note a bit of foot dragging on this. Perhaps would have been better to postpone until "just after democratic elections are held" aka indefinitely

And still they wonder why the rest of the world doesn't take the ruling classes in this country seriously!

If ever a people were I'll served by those who govern them, and the political, judicial, educational, police and social structures which they (those who govern) have constructed it is here.

And before anyone is tempted to ask the inevitable question I stay because I love the country and it's people, if not those who govern them.

I think that the present situation is unsustainable, and change will come. Things can only get better ( although perhaps not in the way Tony Blair meant)!:)

Edited by JAG