Help please! Car broken down on Soi Siam

smiffyb36

Hi all,

My car won't start, it's stuck outside my house on Soi Siam, about 2.5km past the train tracks, a couple of kilometers before Mapbrachan. I need a 'mobile' repair service or a local garage that can tow it. I think the issue is minor, on turning the ignition the car won't start but makes a machine gun sort of sound like something is repeatedly trying to fire but can't get the engine running. Maybe a battery issue? as if I turn the headlights to the on position and try to start the car there is no response at all.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!

Thank you so much for your help. I have checked the connections which seem fine so looks as if it is a dead battery, I'll take a picture of it and will go to buy a replacement I think.

The battery isn't old though, would it be better/possible to recharge it instead of buying a replacement? I ask as I have no idea what a new battery would cost so if it's expensive better recharge this one rather than replace.

Again thank you for the advice so far, put my mind at ease as I had no idea of the scale of the problem.

Next problem! It appears due to my repeated attempts to start the car I've completely flattened the battery. There now isn't enough power to open the doors so I can't get inside to open the bonnet to get to the battery to take a picture. The car is a Honda Freed, any ideas on what I can do about this added problem? (Normally I pull the catch under the steering wheel, the bonnet partially opens then I have to pull the release mechanism under the partially opened bonnet to open fully).

Next problem! It appears due to my repeated attempts to start the car I've completely flattened the battery. There now isn't enough power to open the doors so I can't get inside to open the bonnet to get to the battery to take a picture. The car is a Honda Freed, any ideas on what I can do about this added problem? (Normally I pull the catch under the steering wheel, the bonnet partially opens then I have to pull the release mechanism under the partially opened bonnet to open fully).

Thanks JohnG, anyone have any ideas/advice about this newest problem above? Thank you.

Why can't you unlock the door by using the key manually in the door lock.?

What an idiot I am lol. Thanks Sotsira. In my defense my brain isn't functioning correctly, my partner gave birth a few days ago and we've moved house so extremely tired doesn't cover it!

What an idiot I am lol. Thanks Sotsira. In my defense my brain isn't functioning correctly, my partner gave birth a few days ago and we've moved house so extremely tired doesn't cover it!

For a newbie, you gave me the first good laugh I have had in months.cheesy.gif

Thanks for joining the forum.

For a newbie, you gave me the first good laugh I have had in months.cheesy.gif

Thanks for joining the forum.

I was going to suggest that you get a hammer and break out the window on the passenger's (or driver's) side and open the door using the door handle on the inside (it is mechanical and not electronic). But, you'll probably like sotsira's idea better. But, perhaps not; in which case my idea will definitely work. And, sorry, I didn't get the "lol" part.

this number my friend gave me to put in my phone for pattaya baised tow truck company:

02 305 8798

no idea if they are any good, fortunalty not had a break down here yet

hope can help

That's a Bangkok number. Are you sure it's Pattaya based?

TBH I don't know, just a mate who lives in Pattaya gave me the number when I bought a 2nd hand car to put in my phone just in case I broke down, he said he used it in Pattaya but if it is a service that covers both locations that is great because I drive between the 2 quite a lot.

thanks

Batteries don't last long in Thailand, replacement from 2000 baht.

So right. Not only that, they go so quickly due to the hot weather. In the UK for instance you get some warning your battery is on the blink by sluggish turn over when starting.

Here, it's one day everything is fine the next a clicking solenoid.