Thai govt says Yingluck free to attend Thaksin's birthday abroad

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra visits a necromancer in Ubon Ratchathani province to ward off "bad luck," 6 July 2015.

noun nec·ro·man·cy \ˈne-krə-ˌman(t)-sē\. : the practice of talking to the spirits of dead people. : the use of magic powers especially for evil purposes.

Dear oh dear!!!!!

Yingluck can join Thaksin’s birthday party if court allows her to travel abroad

7-21-2015-10-40-58-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has dismissed claims that it has banned former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to attend her brother Thaksin Shinawatra’s birthday party abroad this month.

Thaksin will turn 66 on July 26. He was earlier said to tell friends that he wanted to celebrate quietly with family members.

NCPO deputy secretary-general Gen Chatchalerm Chalermsuk dismissed the claims saying Ms Yingluck is still free to go as long as her request gets approval from the court.

He said he hadn’t hear anyone in the NCPO talked about the ban.

Instead he said since Ms Yingluck is facing Supreme Court’s trial on her rice pledging scheme, she was not allowed by the court to leave the country.

It was the court’s order not to leave and not the NCPO’s order, he said.

But for other members of the Pheu Thai party and its leaders, they were not prohibited by the court, so they could leave by seeking prior permission from the NCPO, he said.

He said that the NCPO has in the past approved a majority of requests to travel abroad with exception of a few requests that were rejected.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-can-join-thaksins-birthday-party-if-court-allows-her-to-travel-abroad

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-22

Why would she not come back yegads it seems 99% certain that she walks freely from any court or they would have locked her up long ago.

She is the popularly elected leader of the country. Of course power hungry thugs do not like democratically ELECTED leaders. Some have the guns but have no shame. wai2.gif

Have a huge party. Let them all leave. Then cancel there passports and sieze eveything they own....

This is exactly what they should do with "Farangs" who don't contribute to the country anything else than b*llsh*t.

The bullshitting farangs still contribute to the country. They still have to live somewhere, eat, drink and be "entertained". This all costs money. You, of all people should know this. whistling.gif

Why would she not come back yegads it seems 99% certain that she walks freely from any court or they would have locked her up long ago.

She is the popularly elected leader of the country. Of course power hungry thugs do not like democratically ELECTED leaders. Some have the guns but have no shame. wai2.gif

"She is the popularly elected leader of the country" would you care to explain that statement?

I've never seen such a ridiculous law enforcement and judicial system until I came to this country. Where else can defendants avoid police summons and court summons by saying they are too sick to appear. Or people facing criminal charges allowed to go visit a fugitive of the law.

It is -as you rightly point out - because it has been set up, no matter what the declared intention, to serve the interests of the small group at the top of Thai society, be they Shinewatras or generals.

Until it is reformed thoroughly to serve all society nothing will change. Reform as currently practiced, throughout Thai society, actually means reinforcing the power and influence of the faction currently in power.

She left the country before and all the TS bashers were sure she wouldn't come back, but she did. The Junta wants her to go..... "take our ex PM...... please!". I'm sure they have plenty of dirt on the current top dogs here.... hate for truth to come out about them.

As far as "convicted criminal" goes, that might be worth something in a country with independent judiciary and rule of law, but we have yet to see that appear here. I would guess that "abuse of power" charges could easily be brought against the whole current bunch running this monkey house. Seems staging a coup is abuse of power, for openers.... military is supposed to be subordinate to elected government in most countries...

Last observation: Is there a Fox News yellow shirt version here? The unbridled hatred from Taksin haters sounds just like Fox addicts rants about that Obama fellow....

Thaksin cheated, broke the law, got caught, convicted and legged it, breaking his solemn promise that he wouldn't.

All the Thakisn lovers come on whining "he's innocent, it's not a good law, everyone's against him, all those who dare post negative comments are politically motivated, fascist Junta fans, he never did wrong and Yingluck's never told a lie in her life".

Get real. He was convicted for one offence and has 15 serious criminal charges waiting in the courts. He tried to bribe the judges and then ran when they wouldn't be bought.

And you lot look up to him like he's some saintly hero of the people and swallow his bullshit PR.

If you want a real debate on the inadequate Thai political and justice systems fine. Or the inherent corruption that pervades all facets of life, regardless of political persuasion. Or the social injustices of the hierarchical patronage system where money and connections are power. Start a thread and we'll discuss. But please don't trot out the Thaksin is innocent fairy stories and expect no reaction - most of us have been here a long time and seen his career unfold. And he's never bothered much about covering the warts.

cheesy.gif so naive.. so dumb...

Your being very hard on yourself.

We've seen from your posts how naive you are but really that doesn't mean you're dumb. Just be careful, as it seems you're easily conned.

I've never seen such a ridiculous law enforcement and judicial system until I came to this country. Where else can defendants avoid police summons and court summons by saying they are too sick to appear. Or people facing criminal charges allowed to go visit a fugitive of the law.

It is -as you rightly point out - because it has been set up, no matter what the declared intention, to serve the interests of the small group at the top of Thai society, be they Shinewatras or generals.

Until it is reformed thoroughly to serve all society nothing will change. Reform as currently practiced, throughout Thai society, actually means reinforcing the power and influence of the faction currently in power.

I don't disagree with you, but see it slightly different. The faction in power use it to threaten, inconvenience and bluster those out of power for now. Each get's their turn in power and does the same to the other factions. All a big game - but no one really gets hurt, really punished. Maybe a bit of face loss now and then.

All these social elites - rich, hiso, connected, right families, politicians, military, civil servants, superstars, entertainers, etc can all play this game. And know that whatever they do, in any circumstance, the laws will never really be enforced against them.

That's why reforms never work. The reforms, like laws and law enforcement are for the masses, not the minority elites who are above everything and will all work together on one thing - ensuring nothing really changes that might affect their privileged position.

She left the country before and all the TS bashers were sure she wouldn't come back, but she did. The Junta wants her to go..... "take our ex PM...... please!". I'm sure they have plenty of dirt on the current top dogs here.... hate for truth to come out about them.

As far as "convicted criminal" goes, that might be worth something in a country with independent judiciary and rule of law, but we have yet to see that appear here. I would guess that "abuse of power" charges could easily be brought against the whole current bunch running this monkey house. Seems staging a coup is abuse of power, for openers.... military is supposed to be subordinate to elected government in most countries...

Last observation: Is there a Fox News yellow shirt version here? The unbridled hatred from Taksin haters sounds just like Fox addicts rants about that Obama fellow....

Thaksin cheated, broke the law, got caught, convicted and legged it, breaking his solemn promise that he wouldn't.

All the Thakisn lovers come on whining "he's innocent, it's not a good law, everyone's against him, all those who dare post negative comments are politically motivated, fascist Junta fans, he never did wrong and Yingluck's never told a lie in her life".

Get real. He was convicted for one offence and has 15 serious criminal charges waiting in the courts. He tried to bribe the judges and then ran when they wouldn't be bought.

And you lot look up to him like he's some saintly hero of the people and swallow his bullshit PR.

If you want a real debate on the inadequate Thai political and justice systems fine. Or the inherent corruption that pervades all facets of life, regardless of political persuasion. Or the social injustices of the hierarchical patronage system where money and connections are power. Start a thread and we'll discuss. But please don't trot out the Thaksin is innocent fairy stories and expect no reaction - most of us have been here a long time and seen his career unfold. And he's never bothered much about covering the warts.

The problem I have with this oft repeated point is that I have never seen any poster claim that Thaksin is indeed innocent !!

Ive not even read any post even supporting Thaksin !!!!!

There are plenty of posts that don't support the Junta but never have I seen one that actually supports Thaksin !!!!

So why do Thaksin haters keep deriding Thaksin 'fans' when in fact there aren't any ?????

Most longtime expats (including me ) laughed at Thaksins foibles when he was in full flow more than 10 years ago. Nobody actually supported him at all and they don't support him now !!!!

Why is it then that posters who object to the Junta are labelled 'Thaksin' lovers ? It's a pure nonsense !!

Well, when you have some spare time, read through some old threads.

You'll see some posters claim that he simply signed a paper for his then wife. They try to make that law seem silly and one of those laws that no should bother to enforce, etc etc and then add it was all politically motivated. The extension being that all the 15 are also all insignificant silly laws too and really the only reason he's being prosecuted is because of politics and to keep him from his right full position. Some start with "I don't support/like Thaksin but......... Others are more subtle but nevertheless often include outright lies and distortions of fact to show Thaksin in a good light. They often get challenged by other posters.

I'm not going to name them as that is not fare and maybe against forum etiquette. But you can find them easily as they're active in the political threads. They also like to brand any who post negative comments about Thaskin, the Shins, PTP, UDD etc as being anti-democracy fascist, junta lovers etc.

Not everyone is like this, as you point out. Some of us criticize things per se and accept that being anti Thaksin doesn't mean you love the Junta and visa versa.

cheesy.gif so naive.. so dumb...

Have you been looking in the mirror again?

First, I am not a Thaksin lover, okay? And if you read my post, I didn't say he was innocent either. He and Yingluck are both politicians, so of course they lie. Look to current junta for further examples. You don't go to a whorehouse (which is what Thai politics are, imho) and expect to find stainless virgins... or maybe you do. The judicial process used against Thaksin was done for a facade of "due process" whereas it was a lynching. If applied across the board, no problem. After all you state "inherent corruption that pervades all facets of life, regardless of political persuasion" which would include yellows. Again, I never said Thaksin was "innocent fairy", but bottom line is he got elected, independent international monitoring group reported BOTH sides bribed voters so had negligible effect on outcome. Having coups resets the clock, or even rolls it back, on any evolution towards democracy. I have more faith in the people making the choice rather than the military-industrial elite deciding what's best for them.

Just a thought but if the court was to grant her permission would the NCPO then feel obliged to step in ?

They have said not so why should they? Providing she applies for permission and it's granted and then the court also agrees and she complies with any bail conditions, she should be good to go.

If she goes and returns wonder if the customs will challenge the value of goods she brings back and seek tax payments whistling.gif

How is she the elected PM of the country?

She dissolved parliament on 9th December 2013 and became the caretaker PM with very limited powers just the same as ALL caretaker PMs.

She was removed from that position by the Constiutional Court ruling on 7th May 2014.

The caretaker government itself was removed by the Army on 22 May 2014.

General Prayuth Chan-o-Cha was made the PM and confirmed by the King on 24th August 2014.

Here is a link of all the prime Ministers since 1932. I am sorry that it is only a Wikipedia link but it is close enough to the truth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Thailand

Now if YOU think you know better than the current PM and that of the highest person in the land than so be it.

Sorry to prick your bubble but you are completely wrong.

First, I am not a Thaksin lover, okay? And if you read my post, I didn't say he was innocent either. He and Yingluck are both politicians, so of course they lie. Look to current junta for further examples. You don't go to a whorehouse (which is what Thai politics are, imho) and expect to find stainless virgins... or maybe you do. The judicial process used against Thaksin was done for a facade of "due process" whereas it was a lynching. If applied across the board, no problem. After all you state "inherent corruption that pervades all facets of life, regardless of political persuasion" which would include yellows. Again, I never said Thaksin was "innocent fairy", but bottom line is he got elected, independent international monitoring group reported BOTH sides bribed voters so had negligible effect on outcome. Having coups resets the clock, or even rolls it back, on any evolution towards democracy. I have more faith in the people making the choice rather than the military-industrial elite deciding what's best for them.

"As far as "convicted criminal" goes, that might be worth something in a country with independent judiciary and rule of law, but we have yet to see that appear here."

Look at the facts of the case. He signed, knowing he shouldn't got caught and punished. He then tried to bribe the judges. Previously he was lucky to get away on a charge of concealing his assets on a split decision. One judge who votes innocent later admitted he thought he was guilty but didn't want to vote that as he's just been elected PM and deserved a second chance. Perhaps that would also be worth more in a country with a more robust judicial system.

He was charged and prosecuted, tried to bribe the judges, was found guilty, jumped bail and went on the run and has never appealed. His only retort is to try and get this dismissed, along with all the other serious outstanding court cases as some part of an amnesty whitewash.

The Shins always claim they never ever did anything wrong, any charge is dismissed as politically motivated, even though most are criminal in nature, and dismiss all court rulings they don't like as biased and political. They are simply a gang of lying crooks who found politics more lucrative than business and better protection.

Not the only ones for sure, but the defense "everybody else does it" isn't a defense at all. They brought attention to themselves with their open arrogant attitude of look at us we've been elected, we're in power and we can do what we want. Had they been more hidden and maintained a different facade as others they may not of attracted such attention.

He wasn't elected or even eligible to stand for election in 2011 but still managed to be the leader, decision maker and government of the country.

Until real reforms are made nothing will change.

Have a huge party. Let them all leave. Then cancel there passports and sieze eveything they own....

Gone off the idea of hanging people in Siam sqare, have you?

What's your proposal ?.

Put them in a crowd with their wives and kids then pay some other baboon 2000 baht to fire an M79 at them ?.

Then have a big party and cheer when you hear the news ?.

The semi-literate hypocrites are out in force today. Either that or they left their PC's logged in and their 6 year old son's are having a go.

Jimbo.... Yinluck was NEVER voted into power by a majority NEVER. Where in the world did you get that untrue fact. She formed a coalition party of which she was the leader by paying bribes, giving cabinet jobs and by blackmail. At no time did she have the majority. Over half of her votes from Issan and Changmai/rai, were bought and paid for by her beloved "criminal on the run" Brother. Get your facts right before you post nonsense on here... there is an old saying, better to keep quiet and let people think you are a fool ..etc,etc................

Jimbo.... Yinluck was NEVER voted into power by a majority NEVER. Where in the world did you get that untrue fact. She formed a coalition party of which she was the leader by paying bribes, giving cabinet jobs and by blackmail. At no time did she have the majority. Over half of her votes from Issan and Changmai/rai, were bought and paid for by her beloved "criminal on the run" Brother. Get your facts right before you post nonsense on here... there is an old saying, better to keep quiet and let people think you are a fool ..etc,etc................

Last election and before, my inlaws from Isaan received money from ALL political party's to vote for them en this was and is no different in the rest of Thailand so enough with the Thaksin bashing bunch of silly <deleted>.

555 just like the rains bring out the croaking fronts at night, so the mention of the good and the great disenfranchised people's choices in Thailand politics brings out the harpies and haters on Thai Visa. Well, love you all some Suthep and the Prime Moaner along with the cancer ridden but won't die judiciary and the monstrosities of power hiding behind the curtains.

Long live Yingluck Shinawatra and Thaksin and the worthies that follow them no matter how vile their opposition. Better than you lot on your best day. Keep foaming at the mouth like dogs with rabies, shows your breeding.

Your hero in action

Yes he is nice pice.

https://cpj.org/2006/06/thailand-acting-prime-minister-files-more-criminal.php

............................"BOTH sides bribed voters so had negligible effect on outcome".................................

BS ! Are you trying to say they spent all that money on bribes for nothing ? How long have you been in Thailand ? When did you ever see a Thai spend money for nothing in return ?

In any other country if a "independent international monitoring group" detected vote buying the election would be declared null and void and the vote buyers would be banned from politics.

Vote buying negates the principle of democracy.

Shes still looking good. Would be nice if the Thai people had a say in whether they want her in politics or not.

Do you even think before you make a post......that is like saying that the "people" get to say if they want someone to go to prison for a crime............it's not up to the People!!

On one note Ms Yingluck never introduced section 44 rule so that is in the former Prime Ministers favour and what's the point of banning anyone from seeing Thaksin , all this is just window dressing , unless the Junta is there for the long term, every citizen of Thailand after the Junta leaves ( Late 2017 ) can travel anywhere they like and one hopes talk to whoever they like, that's called Democracy. coffee1.gif

In many countries, consorting with a criminal is a crime