Thaksin Seeks Exile In London

sabaijai

Probably find he has a UK PP......(all those little favours..yes)

I am pleased to say, that the UK does still have some standards, after all we refused Mohammed Al Fayed a passport ! So cannot believe we would grant Toxin one. :o

It is bad enough, that he can walz in and out of the country, at will.

Does anyone know the address of his Belgravia property ?

His property is in Kensington.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a bit of a disconnect. On one hand Dr. Thaksin is seeking exile in England, while on the other hand he is telling the foreign media he is still in control of Thailand. Which is it?

If you apply the same logic as when he was PM, none of the above. :D

our thai wifes have family in the uk too

they should be allowed to enter free of production from imigration

as they have sister inlaws brother inlaws

mother inlaws

they are still our wifes family

no matter how we look at it

send the crap head back to thialand if hes still incharge then he wont mind will he ???? :D:o

Maybe they're changing the immigration laws back home to allow easier access for our Thai dependents. :D

One's ability to spell is not a prequisite of contributing to the forum however it does show the level of one's education. There are many who have contributed to the recent threads who could do a lot worse than to to take a refresher course in English (Queens English I might add, not what they speak over the water)

It does take a while to make the transition from chat rooms to forums. :D

Thaksin says coup unexpected, says Bangkok paper

Sep 20, 2006

AsiaOne

Ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said he did not expect that he would be ousted by a coup, The Nation has reported.

In his first public remarks since he was ousted in a bloodless coup by military leaders on Tueday night, Mr Thaksin told reporters before leaving New York at 5 am local time for London, he said: "I didn't expect that this will happen. Really? How come none of your family members and prefered arse lickers were not in Thailand at the time? Liar! I came here as Prime Minister but left as an unemployed man.

"That's fine as no one gives me the job. I volunteered to work but the military didn't want to give me the job, so it's fine." :DSOM NAM NA!

Mr Thaksin said that he had been in touch with his family and hinted that he would talk to the Administrative Reform Council, reported The Nation. .

Edited by Tony Clifton

Seriously can he stay in the U.K and how long for and what grounds?

Than man needs to be tought a serious lesson?

People in glass houses comes to mind.

the foreign office says he can come and go at will.the UK welcomes anybody with billions transfered .

all his assets were transferred last week . 65 pieces of luggage on a private flight .

at least he will be able to walk to Chelsea football stadium as he now lives nearby.

I see he chartered a Russian jet to fly to London rather than trust the navigational skills of the crew of the Thai airways plane he had at his disposal.......

Worth noting that the reappointment of the State Auditor General, Toxins old foe, was one of the first acts of the generals, little doubt where she will be looking.

Now IF he had paid the tax on the $2 bn telecoms deal does anyone think this would be happening? I think the potential seizure of assets, and he can't have moved them all, nor wifey either, could dwarf the tax he would have paid......

The UK media definately switching its attention to his desirability here and crucially if he is arriving here as a private citizen then the authorities have to investigate any allegations made against him by ANYONE, doesn't have to be state instigated. May well not bother him much now but this won't be a safe bolthole for too long.

And despite earlier reports he has NOT yet landed in the UK (5pm GMT) but the media are all clustered down at Gatwick awaiting his arrival....

Edited by roamer

Well he's currently due in at Gatwick at 17:43 BST on a chartered Thai A340-600, flight number THA8847. Anybody going to offer him a lift or his going to have to use the Gatwick Express.

Interesting, lifted that quote about the Russian jet from the newswire, lets wait and see...

Suchinda's case was fundamentally different - he removed Chatichai for corruption, just like Sonthi the General just did.

If the public turns against Sonthi, then maybe you can compare them, but there's nothing in common betweet Thaksin and Suchinda.

In Thaksin's case there's lots of loot involved that generals might want to return to the country.

Fundamentally different as long as you forget that during Gen. Suchinda's tenor, he gave orders to openly and blatantly fire on defenseless civilains in the streets of Bangkok, killing hundreds. This kind of moves him up on the bad deed scale. General Suchinda will never be forgotten by those of us who were here then, although he has been forgiven by Thai society, which was my point. In time, Dr. Thaksin and his family will also be forgiven, helped out, I'm sure, by a large foundation set up to help others.

If Thaksin is to live in London, I would love to have a shop there....

For him, as a farang, prices would be doubled. Every Londoner should enrich himself/herself on Thaksin's wealth. Unfair? Of course not.

By the way, whenever you see him in London, never ever use the word 'Thaksin'. Use the word farang.

So now that Thaksin and the government have been dismissed then what of the new visa laws were you cannot enter thailand no more then 3 times, Then you have to stay out of Thailand for the 90 days before being allowed to re enter again? Does this law still stand or will it be thrown out as it were because it hasn't actually come in to power yet? :o

It's not a law, it's a ministerial and departmental ruling and these usually remain in effect. The law is already on the books. It's just being interpreted and enforced.

A new minister could rescind it but it's unlikely. The Immigration chief could also delay enforcement, but that's just as unlikely.

So now that Thaksin and the government have been dismissed then what of the new visa laws were you cannot enter thailand no more then 3 times, Then you have to stay out of Thailand for the 90 days before being allowed to re enter again? Does this law still stand or will it be thrown out as it were because it hasn't actually come in to power yet? :o

Please see this thread which discusses this exact concern.

So, does anyone know what happened to the other TRT Cabinet that all managed to be out of the country when this occurred?

By the way, whenever you see him in London, never ever use the word 'Thaksin'. Use the word farang.

I heard Thais calling him "Heeaah". That may get his attention. :D

Or Squareface

btb its interesting that he can go in and out of the UK freely, yet many of his countrymen are refused visitor visa's on the grounds that they might not return to Thailand....... :D

There was a earlier reference to his passport having been cancelled. If he has no diplomatic passport, then he has no visa. If anybody can find a definitive reference to this, I would be happy to complain to HM Immigration service that he has entered the UK illegally.... and await with anticipation the much vaunted 24 hour reply service :o

As much as I would like to see Taksin brought back to Thailand with a ball and chain tied to his ankle, I don't think it's going to happen. What about Marcos when he fled justice in The Philiphines, or the many other dictators who screwed their own people out of fortunes before hitting the high road? I think Taksin already knew what was going down and was given the opportunity to take a ridiculously large ammount of (luggage?) out of the country before the shit hit the fan. Whatever, a great day for Thailand....Hopefully, I say with my fingers crossed.

I`ve been in Central America for two years now.

Every despot and ex dictator of all of these two dozen or so territories, islands and countries, of the past fifty years, who has not died, is living a life of cushy luxury in a neighbouring country.

We know where, and the paparrazzi are always snapping photo`s of ex'despots and their families.

Nothing is ever done to touch them.

My pic of him leaving Gatwick today... :D

It is copyrighted.... :o

Smug is'nt he??

So, lets all the farang from the UK try and knock the smile off his face...

This is a person who has ripped his home country for his millions, and thinks the UK is a safe place for him until he can eventually go back to the forgiving Thai.

His passport has been cancelled (poor source, allegedly); he has no visa then? It would have been refused at the British Embassy in BKK as "suspected he would not return to Thailand". So thousands of others are refused entry and yet this TIT is allowed to sleep soundly at night in my home country?

:D

I imagine that it is his diplomatic passport that has been cancelled.

Exactly. So did he visit the British Embassy with all the others and try and get a visa??

Hmm.....he fits the criteria for being able to support himself :o .... Likely to return to Thailand though? Errr I think not.........at least for a year or two

"As much as I would like to see Taksin brought back to Thailand with a ball and chain tied to his ankle, I don't think it's going to happen"

Well no. Since 1932 the goverment has been careful to let failed coup leaders, ousted Generals and/or evil politicians leave the country ... then after a cooling off period, return at a later date sometimes decades. To actually prosecute would set a terrible precedent. You can understand the reticence, 'Gosh if we do it to them then we might be held accountable for robbing the country blind ALSO ' :o Not a good thing!

I never liked Thaksin but I do not demonize him as many expats do. The worthy opposition to TRT has historically distinguished itself by corruption with an urban business outlook. Right so they never did squat for the poor upcountry rural population (Taksin realized this and made them his base) nothing they have said in the last year indicates this will change. So now the evil one is overthrown after the bell ringing Sangsom chugging we can get back to corrupt goverment that is a little less corrupt than evil old Thaksin and does nothing for rural thais. So it goes ...

according to kayo in another thread the BBC states:

"The UK foreign office had said he was free to travel to Britain "on a private basis" and added that he did so often as he has relatives in the country."

So, presumably, the man has a visa already.

True.......; but what is seen as undocratic in a western view is naive.

Democracy in the West is a con job IMHO.. You do not believe that they still line their pockets?

A coup is seen as undocratic only in western eyes. I have been out tonight in the North East. Most of the people I have seen (If they care, most do not because TIT) rejoice that Toxin is gone.

Lets see if the (interim?) government carries through..ok?