Kazakhstan fugitive arrested by Immigration Police in East Pattaya

webfact

Kazakhstan fugitive arrested by Immigration Police in East Pattaya

kaz-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Detectives from Immigration Police Region 3 arrested a 37 year old man from Kazakhstan who is wanted in his home country on charges of Murder, sexual assault and theft.

The Kazakhstan Embassy in Bangkok notified Immigration of the man, who is thought to have fled to Thailand in 2014. Mr. Syrym Parmanov was located at the SP Village 3 Housing Estate in Soi Siam Country Club and was taken to nearby Nongprue Police Station where it was confirmed that he was the man wanted in connection with the serious offences he is alleged to have committed with four other associates in 2010 back in his native country.

Before he is handed over to Embassy Officials it was discovered that Mr. Parmanov was found to be in possession of a passport which expired on 6th July

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/204259/kazakhstan-fugitive-arrested-by-immigration-police-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-22

He is wanted for alleged offences, so surely he is NOT a fugitive. He is simply someone who is accused of an offence and has yet to defend himself against those allegations.

Not right. When you are sought or wanted by police for questioning about a crime, or crimes, and you take action to avoid police, you are a fugitive from justice.

He is wanted for alleged offences, so surely he is NOT a fugitive. He is simply someone who is accused of an offence and has yet to defend himself against those allegations.

So he therefore deserves to be extradited back to his home country and face the charges against him, whether guilty or not he went on the run it seems to evade charges brought against him, innocent people don't normally do a runner if innocent...Hey...I just love it when someone plays devils advocate...rolleyes.gif

Not right. When you are sought or wanted by police for questioning about a crime, or crimes, and you take action to avoid police, you are a fugitive from justice.

Wrong. If I was sought by police from a country with no real legal system and no human rights I'd be running too. Seems pretty logical

Sorry but not quite correct, a person fleeing prosecution is deemed to be a fugitive, has nothing to do with innocence or guilt or defending himself against allegations.

Good work RTP!

Clean that type of rubbish out of Thailand..

more like answer the phone and ask your boss if you should go get the guy or not.

then when told who he is, where he is, what he is wanted for, and what Thai police will get out of it, they go pick the guy up.

I wonder... if he was ... just for argument sake ... lets say the son and partial owner of Red Bull and worth Billions... would he be deported?

Wrong. If I was sought by police from a country with no real legal system and no human rights I'd be running too. Seems pretty logical

So regardless of the crimes he's alleged to have committed, it's ok by you for him to go on the lamb? Murder, sexual assault and theft, bit of a glory boy. Who really gives a toss, what about the rights of the victim's and their families? Don't they count, or do we just worry about the rights of this dear and the problems he may have to face. He knew full well what was coming, hence his fleeing the country.

Do we really need people of this quality residing here. Considering his alleged background and that his passport had expired, I wonder what sort of nefarious activities he was getting up to in order to maintain his living here?

the long arm of the law ? there must be a lot more criminals in Thailand that haven't been caught up with yet we need a purge a really big one sort the wheat from the chaff get rid of all the undesirables and theres a lot here in pattaya .

the long arm of the law ? there must be a lot more criminals in Thailand that haven't been caught up with yet we need a purge a really big one sort the wheat from the chaff get rid of all the undesirables and theres a lot here in pattaya .

I'd say you're right from what I've read over the past few months, and yes there needs to be a crackdown. I know of quite a few from OZ that have taken up residency both there and in Phuket. Not that they would want them back but what is it about these two areas that keep attracting the low life. No wonder Thais think the way they do about many expats. Can you blame them?

Sorry but not quite correct, a person fleeing prosecution is deemed to be a fugitive, has nothing to do with innocence or guilt or defending himself against allegations.

You misunderstand.. it does not make it clear at all that fled any justice.. the charges could easily have been made after he left the country and his decision to come to Thailand may have been nothing whatsoever to do with the allegations.

If your country suddenly made allegations about you whilst you are in Thailand it surely would not make you a fugitive !

You misunderstand.. it does not make it clear at all that fled any justice.. the charges could easily have been made after he left the country and his decision to come to Thailand may have been nothing whatsoever to do with the allegations.

If your country suddenly made allegations about you whilst you are in Thailand it surely would not make you a fugitive !

No, never misunderstood. Not being rude but maybe you should read the full press release. It clearly states that he and four accomplices are alleged to have committed these offences in 2010 and it is thought that he arrived in Thailand in 2014. So, if the report is correct, than your reasoning is incorrect. He has apparently been a fugitive from justice for over 4 years.

Edited by Si Thea01

blink.png i dont understand why all these fugitive comme to thailand, dont they investigate first the country to see if they can immigrate in a safe place ?

clever to rob perhaps ...but really ..........stupid to keep themself and their tresor safe in paradise.

coffee1.gif

Edited by VINCENT2012

So he therefore deserves to be extradited back to his home country and face the charges against him, whether guilty or not he went on the run it seems to evade charges brought against him, innocent people don't normally do a runner if innocent...Hey...I just love it when someone plays devils advocate...rolleyes.gif

what evidence that he was running away ?

just on 7th of july he would brakean immigration law, as his passport wiill expire,

No one says anything about overstay !

Well, there are lot's of country's were innocent people would do a runner from the police,....The USA for example...!?!?!

the US Police has a excellent track record of shooting innocent people, specially if they are black...!!!

The poor bastard is obviously innocent. Not one dick is pointing at him. Case dismissed !

I have been told that they have stopped pointing at people because it's been a hot topic on Thaivisa and the cops dont want to look silly on pictures.

Well, there are lot's of country's were innocent people would do a runner from the police,....The USA for example...!?!?!

the US Police has a excellent track record of shooting innocent people, specially if they are black...!!!

Presumably you are not American. You may not be aware that US police are shot at by people of many different races, and are trained to return fire if they feel threatened, maybe you would like them to shoot only white people. Quite what the relationship between a fugitive from Kazakhstan and US police is I don't know, perhaps you could explain.

what evidence that he was running away ?

just on 7th of july he would brakean immigration law, as his passport wiill expire,

No one says anything about overstay !

The evidence, none that anyone can or would should show any of us but given his government advised Thai officials of his felonious activities (murder, sexual assault, theft) and when taken into custody, it was confirmed that he was he wanted person, doesn't this indicate anything? Or is his government making things up and the Thai officials are being complicit.

Maybe came here four years ago, on holidays, liked it so much that he decided to stay but just forgot to renew his passport. Or would it be if he went to his embassy he would be taken into custody or if done if via another way, he would not be given a passport and his location would have been known sooner. In so far as the overstay, did you not read the whole story, he was charged by Thai officials with residing in Thailand illegally and without a valid passport. Is an overstay that important, don't think so.

By being here illegally and not having a valid passport allows for his removal from the country that much simpler. So what other evidence is needed to convince you that he is a criminal and not an upright, honest expat? Not running, actually fleeing, that's makes him a fugitive.