proof of where you live

Preparing for future visit to bkk immigration to apply for extension to non imm o based on retirement. Have question relating to proof of where I live.

I live in a condo in bkk with thai gf. Both our names are on the lease agreement. What do I need take to immigration.

If there is a reply stating i need a photocopy of owners id etc that will be tricky I imagine. Thankyou for any advice

Edited by jacksam

Thankyou Ubonjoe. The gf seems to think this is not possible. I can see it would be straight forward for members renting for example a house or unit from an individual. The condo building where I live does not have any individual owners of any of the rooms. The entire building is owned by I imagine a company. The head office lady I imagine is only an employee. Not sure how to even approach her or management. I wonder if another member has applied for extension in same situation.

If it is owned by a company they can supply the equivalent paper work. Also if the company name is on the lease agreement then that should be enough.

What is normally mentioned is for rentals from an individual.

Done 5 retirement extensions in BKK (CW) and have never been asked to show a lease or anything to prove where I live. But I take a copy of the lease with for just in case. Also my condo management does report to immigration any none thai who rents like they are suppose to do.

Done 5 retirement extensions in BKK (CW) and have never been asked to show a lease or anything to prove where I live. But I take a copy of the lease with for just in case. Also my condo management does report to immigration any none thai who rents like they are suppose to do.

There have been reports of CW wanting proof of residence for first time applications. They may start asking for it from others also.

There have been reports of CW wanting proof of residence for first time applications. They may start asking for it from others also.

Correct. I obtained my first extension (20th July) based on retirement and copy of my rental agreement was required.

whistling.gif I usually take a copy of my rental contract, but they have never asked to see it.

I also have a card that I use to show the residence address in Thai which I use to show to taxis.

It has the street address and a telephone number to call for reservations.

I have used that before when I have been asked for my local Thai address by immigration.

They normally just copy the address and the telephone number.

But that is all they have asked for from me about my address....never anything else.

Went to pattaya imigration with all paper work except owners id card and house book. As 1. He is away for two months out of country

2. When i rang him from imigration office he spoke to the officer and told them under no circumstances would he send me a person he does not know who he only rents a condo to a copy of his ID card. Imigration accepted this and my application was passed but i can see his point i rent my house out in uk and if asked for instance for a copy of my id alarm bells would ring.

I have a query related to this topic. I have lived in Thailand for 12 years, each year getting an extension to my visa based on retirement.

I have never been required to produce "proof of address", but there is a suggestion that this year (2 weeks time) when I go to Mae Sod, there will be such a demand.

I live in a property that my wife owns (that I purchased), so there is no lease or rental agreement.

My name is not on the house book that my wife keeps (sorry I do not know the technical term).

So to my question please to the experts : how then do I provide proof of address? (For example will a telephone bill bearing my name and our address be accepted?)

I will be grateful indeed for any advice.

Doctom.

A signed copy of your wife's house book and ID card will be enough. Perhaps have your marriage certificate with you if they ask for proof you are married to her.

Agree.

I'm not sure, but I think either your Mrs or the condo owner should have registered you online as residing in the building. Some areas are fairly strict about this, but I think Bangkok is not one of them.

A signed copy of your wife's house book and ID card will be enough. Perhaps have your marriage certificate with you if they ask for proof you are married to her.

Agree.

I'm not sure, but I think either your Mrs or the condo owner should have registered you online as residing in the building. Some areas are fairly strict about this, but I think Bangkok is not one of them.

Online residence reporting is only possible for registered businesses. I think there is one immigration office that has it for individuals.

Individuals normally have to submit a TM30 form.