Israeli government clashes with liberal Jewish streams

webfact

Well yes it is possible she was fibbing, but there didn't seem to be a reason to. Perhaps my post made it sound like she was some intimidated scolded dog from her boyfriend. It wasn't quite that way, if it comes across that way. He did seem to 'want' to remind her about the controversy about her country at every opportunity but I sensed she could hold her own (she was in a command position, in her time) and humoured him somewhat in that laid back - "yeah yeah, give me what ya got" Israeli way each time he went off on another deathly serious 'shaming' rant about Israel. It certainly was a most unusual and unlikely partnership to me but perhaps that's why she liked it (a challenge of sorts). Both were going to Israel soon at her invitation, so perhaps she perhaps her strategy was an intention to balance his stance out somewhat with some 'on the ground' exposure to certain realities. One thing is for sure, she was intelligent. It was very evident in her eyes. Being a year on the road in Asia and the backpacking scene she was much more mellow than perhaps she was in her time back in Israel.

I respect your position and gave you a 'like'. Which does not stop me from being sceptical.

Sure she is intelligent. She was, is and will remain 'Intelligence'. I would have never kept a Girlfriend of such an extreme Scandinavian type if the situation were reversed.

I do not believe in unusual things happening without a reason.

Cheers!

Sure she is intelligent. She was, is and will remain 'Intelligence'.

Indeed, and this may be the explanation. On the other hand, if she intended to use this guy for some reason it seems unlikely she would have been open about her chosen role during her service. Obviously she couldn't go into specifics at all but mentioned it openly upon being asked. If I was him, I wouldn't check into any 5 star hotels in Dubai en route to Israel. lol.

One thing she did mention was that she is infact worried about the level of exposure she had to sensitive information at the time and felt like there was always a risk of an axe hanging over her head. Maybe some of it was - "man down the pub who was in the SAS" about it, but I didn't get that vibe.

Anyway, it was an interesting evening even if a pinch of salt may be required.

The o.p amounts to little more than trolling. Since when was Netanyahu or any other Israeli leader answerable to American liberal Jews, who can pontificate as to events in Israel from the safety of East coast delis thousands of miles from Iran or Palestinian rockets.

The o.p amounts to little more than trolling. Since when was Netanyahu or any other Israeli leader answerable to American liberal Jews, who can pontificate as to events in Israel from the safety of East coast delis thousands of miles from Iran or Palestinian rockets.

The answer is partially in what you say.

They are in the US safe from the Israeli govt. Maybe not as safe as they think tho. No one who speaks against the Israeli govt can consider themselves safe.

They are in the US safe from the Israeli govt. Maybe not as safe as they think tho. No one who speaks against the Israeli govt can consider themselves safe.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.giffacepalm.gifgigglem.gifcrazy.gif

Be Very afraid Mossad know where you live Linky!

Edited by ggold

Best tie your shoelaces together in case one of your shoes decides to go missing.

P.s Forgot to mention J-Street's deity Obama has managed an almost unprecedented feat in uniting the Israeli left and right, seeing as 77% consider the Iranian deal a disaster. I think in the circumstances the diaspora are not exactly top of the priority list.

Edited by Steely Dan

Best tie your shoelaces together in case one of your shoes decides to go missing.

P.s Forgot to mention J-Street's deity Obama has managed an almost unprecedented feat in uniting the Israeli left and right, seeing as 77% consider the Iranian deal a disaster. I think in the circumstances the diaspora are not exactly top of the priority list.

Netanyahu a few years ago said, If diaspora Jews want a say in Israeli politics, to come live in Israel. So there's the Answer.

But I think even Israelis are wondering where Netanyahu is taking the peace process. At the moment it looks like he is hanging by a thread, It would have been better to form a coalition with the mainstream parties rather than going with the religious parties, who only really care about their own lot rather than Israel as a whole, IMO.

Well sure diaspora Jews aren't Israel's top priority but what Israel does good and bad does effect them so they aren't chopped liver either.

Diaspora Jews are such a diverse lot. Who and what they are depends on million factors starting from geography, their numbers, how they are organised or disjointed, their economical circumstances, ethnic backdrop of their habitat, etc.

From this point Netanyahu was absolutely right - never mind how Israel affects them but if they want to affect Israel they have to be there. Reminder - I am talking only politics, not religion.

But if I may paraphrase JT above, we are fast coming to scenario when whatever bad Israel does it may be more attractive than becoming 'chopped liver'. Europe - first. But US has not been vaccinated yet. And do not forget Ukraine!

If I were in Israeli Gov't I would be building a lot of Residential apartments pretty soon.

Edited by ABCer