Police Check for teaching if you have a caution...

The only time there is a Police record is if you spend time in prison, and the length of time you have the public record is the length of time you serve. That also includes suspended sentences and other court ordered service work. Drink driving offences are also recorded. Minor offences, warnings and fines are included.

The only problem they might have in Thailand, is the failure to provide some form of education requirement's under the new guidelines to get a work permit. If the school has a good relationship with their local work permit office, and if they issue the WP then the immigration may issue a visa to work. (B). Do it the other way round you may hit a brick wall!

Your first sentence is utter nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time there is a Police record is if you spend time in prison, and the length of time you have the public record is the length of time you serve. That also includes suspended sentences and other court ordered service work. Drink driving offences are also recorded. Minor offences, warnings and fines are included.

The only problem they might have in Thailand, is the failure to provide some form of education requirement's under the new guidelines to get a work permit. If the school has a good relationship with their local work permit office, and if they issue the WP then the immigration may issue a visa to work. (cool.png. Do it the other way round you may hit a brick wall!

You obviously don't get it.

If someone who has broken the law is cautioned by the police, they are warned that if they break the law again official action will be taken against them.

OP, I wouldn't be concerned. as long as it's not a criminal offense, your relative/friend, yourself, or whoever will be fine.

And phetpeter, you seem to throw caution to the wind. facepalm.gif

Okay, I'm lost in Isaan, but how can you call yourself a petbeater? blink.png

Edited by lostinisaan

If someone who has broken the law is cautioned by the police, they are warned that if they break the law again official action will be taken against them.

OP, I wouldn't be concerned. as long as it's not a criminal offense, your relative/friend, yourself, or whoever will be fine...

Cautions

Cautions are given to anyone aged 10 or over for minor crimes - eg writing graffiti on a bus shelter. You have to admit an offence and agree to be cautioned. You can be arrested and charged if you don’t agree.

A caution is not a criminal conviction, but it could be used as evidence of bad character if you go to court for another crime.

Cautions can show on standard and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.

https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty

Semantics aside, the OP's only options are to apply for an ICPC or make a subject access request to his local police force, for any information they hold on him. Either way, any cautions will be shown.

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

Charlee27

I think you will find that a caution actually stays on your record until you are 100 years old.

But

It will only be disclosed on a police clearance check depending on how serious the offence was for either 5 or 10 years.

A caution for "a bit of a scuffle with some lads" could be anything from common assault to GBH with intent.

It should be 'spent' after 10 years in UK

Quite correct it will be 'spent' And do not need to be disclosed for most job applications

BUT

There are many jobs or roles where you might need to disclose your spent convictions particularly when applying for certain jobs or volunteer work. Examples include:➤ Working with children and other vulnerable groups (such as teachers, social workers, doctors, dentists, chemists and nurses)➤ Working in professions associated with the justice system (such as solicitor, police, court clerk, probation officer, prison officer and traffic warden)

Yes what kind of man would come to Thailand to work! Hmm maybe the kind of men who live in America are white and over 50 and can not get work at all!

Don't believe the lies that the Obama administration posts about employment. There are over 100 million unemployed Americans right now. Many have not worked since the market crash in 2008. The people who lost high paying jobs 80K or more can't sustain themselves by working at McDonalds for minimum wage!

A good teaching job? Seriously? Who in their right mind would come to Thailand for a job that doesn't pay enough that they would ever be able to buy a house or a car?

You must be new here. It is not entirely uncommon for teachers in international schools to earn 70-120k per month, with the top ones paying up to around 200k. Then there is the housing allowance, flight back home once a year, and the 8-10 week holidays.

Name the schools that pay 200k baht per month?

I think if your the head of a very good international school maybe but not a standard year teacher. More like 60k a month maybe little more.

I can guarantee he won't be teaching at any school like that without a degree, if teaching at all.

A good teaching job? Seriously? Who in their right mind would come to Thailand for a job that doesn't pay enough that they would ever be able to buy a house or a car?

You must be new here. It is not entirely uncommon for teachers in international schools to earn 70-120k per month, with the top ones paying up to around 200k. Then there is the housing allowance, flight back home once a year, and the 8-10 week holidays.

Name the schools that pay 200k baht per month?

I think if your the head of a very good international school maybe but not a standard year teacher. More like 60k a month maybe little more.

ISB, NIST and Bangkok Patana all have salary scales that begin around 150,000 per month. Those who remain long enough to reach the top of the scale make substantially more. This does not include the housing allowance (which ranges from approximately 28,000 to 65,000 per month depending on the school and family situation), annual flights and many other benefits. Those with additional responsibilities, including coordinators, department heads, etc., receive additional stipends beyond their base pay. As most of the teachers, though not all, hired at these schools have several years of experience, they tend to begin around 170,000 to 200,000 net with the housing allowance included.

I review much of this in this post, but you can also visit Bangkok Patana's benefits summary and an archived version of ISB's summary for additional information. Mid tier schools, being much larger in number, tend to have scales that range from 60,000 to 160,000 per month.

In respect to the OP, if it's a decent ESL/EFL position that pays 50,000 or more per month, I think it's worth doing for a year or two if he is still young and wants a change of pace. Depending on how the school processes your cousin's paperwork, his incident may not even come up. The reality is that the government's claimed requirements for background checks and the actual practice do not necessarily align.

In the US, they would ask if you have ever been arrested. Even if the case was dismissed or you were found not guilty. If you were fingerprinted, the record will be permanent on an FBI crime check. If you were arrested for weed, but ticketed and released, it will not appear on the NCIC check. I think a recent assault arrest cold be a dis-qualifier here. I've bought 7 homes since I started working as a part-time Substitute.....Bought a condo here in CNX with profit from another one that I held for two years, while working a tutoring gig. You won't find me doing 200 thb guiness pints, that's for sure.

Persons caught up in crimes of violence belong nowhere near children despite your selfish desire to live here. It was only by the grace of the court system you recd a "caution". You should have obviously been tossed in jail.

Riff raff, malingerer and no doubt drinking disorders. Perfect teacher.

Same topic in the BKK P.. an article on teacher child predators.. sensationalism.... Westerners.. and indeed Thai teachers are low lifes for doing this to their students...The Daily rags... do they care to check what happens, update us with the Thai teachers that abuse their students as well.. somehow that receives low press.. but it is open season on the Farangs. I loved the teacher that took off her shoe and touched the cheeks for her students for a remembrance of learning... Now why is she not in MOE...

Are the regulations, medical checks, and if caught, shifted to another school district..clap2.gifwhistling.gifcoffee1.gif

Edited by Rhys

Persons caught up in crimes of violence belong nowhere near children despite your selfish desire to live here. It was only by the grace of the court system you recd a "caution". You should have obviously been tossed in jail.

Cautions have nothing to do with the court system !!!

Cautions have nothing to do with the court system !!!

@Mencken You have no idea what you are talking about, you don't know the details of what happened and I asked for advice, not pathetic ignorant opinions, get off your high horse you arrogant pig!!!

hopefully he has the TESOL or ESL or certificate to help these poor kids to a minimum extent. and the PASSION for teaching, which is super critical. you can have a PhD in Education and leave helping the kids less than someone who really cares and is willing to really dedicate and sacrifice time and money to help..