Driver flees scene of Phuket car crash

webfact

Driver flees scene of Phuket car crash
Eakkapop Thongtub

1437623012_1-org.jpg
After crashing the vehicles, the driver and passenger fled the scene.

PHUKET: -- Police are currently looking for the driver of a Red Volvo V70 who left the car abandoned after crashing it into an lamp post in Srisoonthon yesterday afternoon (July 22).

At 4:30pm, Cherng Talay police were called to the scene of an accident on Srisoonthon Rd close to Moo Baan Tawan Place.

Upon arrival at the scene police and rescue workers found a red Volvo V70 laying on its side with its front smashed into an lamp post.

Witnesses told police that two men escaped from the wrecked vehicle and ran away.

“The vehicle came at high speed heading towards Cherng Talay and lost control. It drifted into the opposite lane and crashed into the lamp post near the ditch” one witness told police.

The Volvo had a distinctive “Tom Yam Goong Restaurant” sticker in the rear window and an Thai identification card belonging to a man named Chamnan Intham from Srisoonthon was found inside.

The vehicle was taken to Thalang Police Station and police are trying to locate Mr Chamnan to see if he is the owner and driver of the vehicle.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/driver-flees-scene-of-phuket-car-crash-53316.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-07-23

the laws, guidelines, rules, or whatever term you want to use were written up in such a way that those whose life style is such that frequent legal problems will and do arise as that is the lifestyle they have chosen which flaunts the legal system and all it strand for or represents..As their entire life they have watched family/kinfolk screw the little fellow (90%) of the Thai population, out of just about anything the poor folk cannot carry on their back and they will send henchmen to pilfer from the sack of personal possession they are using as a cushion for sleeping on

While creating the various roads, lanes, alleyways ,deadends, boltholes, etc they record these convient escape methods, that the general public hear or know nothing about, they each carry and present a autgraphed copy of same to cronies and the quite large extended family, girfriends, etc. This presentation model is the handy guidebook for the everyday problems encountered by the ''do you know who I am'', add a police or military sticker to the grill of the auto or in some cases a motoorcycle and you got run of free ramgs with all the ''billy the kids'' you need

Why do they bother when they can be traced from the registration?

Not always as most people do not update their address if they move.I know this because I have had the police at my door looking for the owner of a car registered there years before I moved in.

Why do they bother when they can be traced from the registration?

If you have ever registered a vehicle here I can assure you no person comes to check that you live at the address stated on the reg form. Of course at any time you may move from that address and never update no one will know. Thais are particularly "Nomadic"

Volvo for LIfe laugh.png

Volvo my next car! I reckon if I tried that trick in my Ford I might be deadums by now. If these guys were able to RUN away the car performed well!

I hope one day someone gets to film drivers running away. How do they look? Is it a furtive, looking back over the shoulder type of run, or is it a good old 100 metre Olympic style sprint?

Volvo for LIfe laugh.png

Volvo my next car! I reckon if I tried that trick in my Ford I might be deadums by now. If these guys were able to RUN away the car performed well!

I hope one day someone gets to film drivers running away. How do they look? Is it a furtive, looking back over the shoulder type of run, or is it a good old 100 metre Olympic style sprint?

Thais can't run 100 metres generally. A walk of 100 metres would exhaust them for the rest of the day. It would probably be a 20 metre drunken stumble then they hail a cab.