French and Korean Victims of Ladyboy street robberies on Pattaya Beach

webfact

French and Korean Victims of Ladyboy street robberies on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday two foreign tourists reported similar crimes at the same location on Pattaya Beach.

The first to arrive at Pattaya Police Station was a 55 yer old French national, a Police Officer.. He told Police that he was approached by two Ladyboys outside of the Royal Garden Plaza shopping center on Pattaya Beach. They came very close to him and within a split second, one of them snatched his 25,000 Baht Gold Necklace.

The necklace holds significant sentimental value for the victim who has worn the necklace for the last twenty years.

The second victim was a 25 year old from South Korea, who informed Police that within minutes of the first crime, he was approached by two Ladyboys and one of them distracted him while the other took a small bag which contained his wallet and 7,000 Baht in cash.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/204605/french-and-korean-victims-of-ladyboy-street-robberies-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-24

The police should arrest and detain them fro 2 hours, fine them a baht 1,000 and let them go, that

will teach them a lesson they will never forge...., Oh? it's been done before? a hundred time?

Oh, I see....

What sort of prat wanders around after midnight in a foreign country wearing a 25,000B gold necklace?

Oh, a French policeman prat. I suppose in France they dont have pickpockets and muggers.

I knew the first post would be someone blaming the victim. Who would drive a 1,000,000 baht car in a foreign country? Everyone.

What sort of prat wanders around after midnight in a foreign country wearing a 25,000B gold necklace?

Oh, a French policeman prat. I suppose in France they dont have pickpockets and muggers.

You are very quick of the mark to condemn the victims,typical of your posts.Why don't you spend your posting time more productively my informing all the tourist agencies in other countries as to the hazards of holidaying in the <deleted>.Who knows someone might appreciate you.

KittenKong does have a bit of a point though. You have to be a bit of a prat to be a necklace wearing bloke in the first place, normally the reserve of footballers and thugs, and to walk around in a poor country like Thailand with one is asking for trouble. Which he found.

Edited by Rimmer

Perhaps he thought he had come to a better place!

"Within a split second"

Too quick even for a trained policeman to detain.

What chance then has the normal tourist other than just not wear valuables?

Especially with with its "signifigant sentimental value " about which no insurance could ever replace for him.

Would it have even been secure in his hotel room safe?

Serves as a warning for all, anywhere, not just LOS.

why the hell people still wear those useless gold necklaces? to show off?

to ensure people that they are rich? why don't they put on chest there bank books instead?

I don't feel any compassion for these kind of people...

Edited by TimmyT

I knew the first post would be someone blaming the victim. Who would drive a 1,000,000 baht car in a foreign country? Everyone.

And they would probably have insurance to do so. Also quite hard to steal a car from someone's neck and run off with it.

Though in fact I know many people who would not drive their expensive Thai car into nearby countries like Cambodia simply because they think it isn't safe.

A post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

You are very quick of the mark to condemn the victims,typical of your posts.Why don't you spend your posting time more productively my informing all the tourist agencies in other countries as to the hazards of holidaying in the cesspit.Who knows someone might appreciate you.

The only real hazard when visiting Thailand is leaving your brain on the plane. And lots of people do this every day, apparently including this Monsieur Plod.

People who employ a minimum of common sense here are most unlikely to be the victims of theft. Deception and overcharging are much more likely, and even those can be effectively combated by keeping your wits about you.

of anything.

why sham?

1 / this man is a policeman and France, it is not easy, especially that one agrees with the scum and that police are scapegoats

2 / you know that most military wear chains with medals, crosses, talismans around their necks.

3 / it is more sentimental than pecuniary; it may be a string with a picture of someone they love very much.

Why judge in a vacuum.

Should traveling can be a little, well if impprégner of each country, before launching such nonsense.

You are very quick of the mark to condemn the victims,typical of your posts.Why don't you spend your posting time more productively my informing all the tourist agencies in other countries as to the hazards of holidaying in the cesspit.Who knows someone might appreciate you.

The only real hazard when visiting Thailand is leaving your brain on the plane. And lots of people do this every day, apparently including this Monsieur Plod.

People who employ a minimum of common sense here are most unlikely to be the victims of theft. Deception and overcharging are much more likely, and even those can be effectively combated by keeping your wits about you.

Wouid you include murder/rape victims in your observation?

No problem. One of the many cameras outside Royal Garden should have recorded the thefts......................Oops forgot - they are only for show!

Would not have happened to him here if he'd just worn that policemans uniform, probably got a LB for a bargain price. Especially if he'd let the LB wear that French uniform.

You never never ever blame the

or the visitor. You all know that's wrong. This is a policing problem. And a lady boy problem. Many many people wear jewelry. And they should not expect to be robbed in a public place. What your saying is much like the sleezy defense lawyer who blames the female rape victim for wearing a dress in public......

Pm says he is going to crack down on Pattaya beach lady boys and thefts and crime. He did good job for 5 months but now it is business as usually. He lost his power and every day it is getting worst. The police used to fear him now they laugh at him. To many bad police and bad politicians to ever make Thailand a some thing less then a third world country. I thought this PM could do it but he is losing respect daily. Maybe no one can save Thailand!

Oh, a French policeman prat. I suppose in France they dont have pickpockets and mugge

never been approached by lady boy in France ,and 25,000 bt is not lot money in the real world ,lucky for the lady boys did not get the police mans big stick or maybe thats what they wonted

Wouid you include murder/rape victims in your observation?

Are either at all common here? Especially committed by strangers in public? I know several people who have been robbed or cheated here but I've never met a single person who has been raped here. Dont think I know anyone who was murdered here either, though I do know someone who was murdered by a hooker in his own house in Manila, which is rather different to being attacked in public.

If you are careful in places where there aren't other people around I think that both murder and rape are very unlikely here. So again it's common sense.