Hidden past of Cambodia's brutal Khmer Rouge regime uncovered in film Camp 32

Jonathan Fairfield

Hidden past of Cambodia's brutal Khmer Rouge regime uncovered in film Camp 32

Hom Chhorn was just six years old when he was imprisoned by the Khmer Rouge in a concentration camp known as Camp 32.

Decades later, Mr Chhorn, who now lives in Melbourne, has documented his return to Cambodia in his film named Camp 32 to seek justice for the past and uncover his family's brutal history.

"Growing up in Australia I am lucky and I have all this life necessity on a plate," he said.

"But every night I go to sleep, I would have nightmares. I would have this dark figure who was always chasing after me.

"This stayed with me until I was about 30 years old. I somehow felt like the lost generation where if you don't confront it you just can't let go."

Mr Chhorn said at least 55 members of his father's family died in Camp 32 but it still remained undocumented.

Watch the trailer here: https://vimeo.com/80943810

if only cambodia would have had oil in that time, then their good friend would have come invade them, euh sorry, "helped"

Lame, stupid post. I can't tell if you are bashing America (oil) or China (good friend). Judging by your poor script, probably America, which shows your ignorance because America did bomb/invade Cambodia.

if only cambodia would have had oil in that time, then their good friend would have come invade them, euh sorry, "helped"

Lame, stupid post. I can't tell if you are bashing America (oil) or China (good friend). Judging by your poor script, probably America, which shows your ignorance because America did bomb/invade Cambodia.

realy??? when and where?

the Vitnamese went into Cambodia 1979 and end the Kmehr Rouge regime, but USA, Britan and France still payed

Kmehr Rouge party money until the 90th even since 20 years was clear what they made and how many people they killed,

and this only because the Vitnamese had a comunism regime,

USA are one of the biggest (may be the biggest) war crime countrys in the world, without USA may be hundrets of million people would still be alive