Phuket taxi mafia

laban

Used Grabtaxi several times this week. Very happy with it. Booked the Grabtaxi option from home to Jungceylon (2.5 km from my home). Yellow / red Meter taxi arrived in about 10 minutes. Fare was 75 THB plus 30 THB booking fee. So much nicer than negotiating down from 200 THB from my local tuk tuk down the road. Driver spoke English as well. Great for a night on the town.

On the way back at around 11pm, Grabtaxi option had no cars available. You can see the available cars on the app. Went for the Grabcar option, with nicer SUV type green plate. No meter, flat rate of 235 THB, no extra fee. For 3 guys, one with a broken leg, was fine compared to the alternative.

The Grabcar option now has a special, which I will try going to the airport. Promo code GRABCAR gives you a 200 THB discount. So 800 THB (their flat rate to HKT) now becomes 600 THB from Patong to HKT. Lowest for a long time.

Promo good for 3 trips and expires in November.

I will continue to use them for pick up convenience as well as not giving my money to the TT mafia.

Just to clarify, did you use Grabtaxi or Grabcar?

I thought the promo was by Grabcar, but you say you used Grabtaxi.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used Grabtaxi several times this week. Very happy with it. Booked the Grabtaxi option from home to Jungceylon (2.5 km from my home). Yellow / red Meter taxi arrived in about 10 minutes. Fare was 75 THB plus 30 THB booking fee. So much nicer than negotiating down from 200 THB from my local tuk tuk down the road. Driver spoke English as well. Great for a night on the town.

On the way back at around 11pm, Grabtaxi option had no cars available. You can see the available cars on the app. Went for the Grabcar option, with nicer SUV type green plate. No meter, flat rate of 235 THB, no extra fee. For 3 guys, one with a broken leg, was fine compared to the alternative.

The Grabcar option now has a special, which I will try going to the airport. Promo code GRABCAR gives you a 200 THB discount. So 800 THB (their flat rate to HKT) now becomes 600 THB from Patong to HKT. Lowest for a long time.

I will continue to use them for pick up convenience as well as not giving my money to the TT mafia.

He said he used both and the promo is for Grabcar. Do you also have any questions not yet answered in the post?

He said he used both and the promo is for Grabcar. Do you also have any questions not yet answered in the post?

Allow me to clarify, I wish to know which service GiatFan will "continue to use" - Grabtaxi or Grabcar? I note he got a nicer vehicle with Grabcar.

"I will continue to use them for pick up convenience as well as not giving my money to the TT mafia." - which one?

Do you have anymore questions for me, stevenl?

Edited by NamKangMan

Allow me to clarify, I wish to know which service GiatFan will "continue to use" - Grabtaxi or Grabcar? I note he got a nicer vehicle with Grabcar.

"I will continue to use them for pick up convenience as well as not giving my money to the TT mafia." - which one?

Do you have anymore questions for me, stevenl?

Now that's a question, a new one, not answered yet.

Tonight, I will use Grataxi, if available going out. Coming home, probably Grabcar with my gimpy mate and a few bags from Big-C. Grabtaxi harder to book in the evening.

Used Grabcar with Promo code a few days back. Driver initially claimed ignorance when I asked "how much"? I mentioned the promo and gave him 40 THB (5 THB tip). I was smiling all day yesterday.

Tonight, I will use Grataxi, if available going out. Coming home, probably Grabcar with my gimpy mate and a few bags from Big-C. Grabtaxi harder to book in the evening.

Used Grabcar with Promo code a few days back. Driver initially claimed ignorance when I asked "how much"? I mentioned the promo and gave him 40 THB (5 THB tip). I was smiling all day yesterday.

So, you end up paying what you should always pay, with the "promo code" discount.

Promo Code = Fare Without Rip Off Added. biggrin.png