Pheu Thai ex-spokesman Prompong, another MP to serve one-year jail term

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason this one ended up in jail was due to who he allegedly defamed. Mayybe if he could of proven his defamation was in "good will' like good old Suthep he would of got off.

Could you give me some proof that there was no defamation.. I am sure Prompong would love to have your proof because i assume you have some else its not allegedly but WHO HE defamed.

Or do you think you know better as the courts ?

Okay amended it for you, not that it makes any difference to my point,

The only reason this one ended up in jail was due to who he defamed. Mayybe if he could of proven his defamation was in "good will' like good old Suthep he would of got off.

just making things clear that he was guilty.. and because he was stupid in appealing it he got burned.. well deserved he is one lying guy.

Two Pheu Thai politicians get a year in jail

30265193-02_big.jpg

I was too hard on Prompong.

His "Think Green" bag for prison is inspirational.

may be gifts for his fellow prisoners
He will discover the joys of showers between men whistling.gif

They will never serve a day in jail. The Thai courts just want people to think they are really doing there jobs against the rich and famous. It is called Thai home cooking!

can you clarify with evidence, please ? rolleyes.gif

They will never serve a day in jail. The Thai courts just want people to think they are really doing there jobs against the rich and famous. It is called Thai home cooking!

The goal is to keep them quiet. An opponent goes to prison loses everything he might become vindictive better to have leverage over him "do as you are told or else..."

The only reason this one ended up in jail was due to who he allegedly defamed. Mayybe if he could of proven his defamation was in "good will' like good old Suthep he would of got off.

Could you give me some proof that there was no defamation.. I am sure Prompong would love to have your proof because i assume you have some else its not allegedly but WHO HE defamed.

Okay amended it for you, not that it makes any difference to my point,

The only reason this one ended up in jail was due to who he defamed. Mayybe if he could of proven his defamation was in "good will' like good old Suthep he would of got off.

He told plenty of whopping lies. Now he's spending a year in jail.

Loyalty to his master. No doubt he hopes for future high rewards. Wonder if he gets a " private salary" while he's in jail, like he did when he was a PTP MP?

Whereas those on the PRDC stage were calling Yingluck a prostitute & threatening her son.

Can you provide some proof of that please?

I do recall certain people advocating the kidnapping of the current PM's daughters; or applauding and cheering when their militia killed children and innocent bystanders; or calling for the founding of a separate state, treason.

Usual suspects all over this thread rolleyes.gif

Usual meaningful intellectual contribution from you too.

I only posted 5 or 6 times in the past couple months, not a thread where I didn't see your "but but Thaksin...." contribution though.

Edited by firestar

Now that is out of the way, how about trial of Suthep for laundry list of major felonies against the government?

How about extraditing Thaksin so he can face the 15 outstanding court cases waiting his return?

His host country is the one who can extradite him. So what does his extradition have to do with the Thai Justice system?

Well, guess this means we won't be hearing from the PT mouthpiece for a while now... But I'm sure they'll find someone equally talented to take his place.

Meanwhile, verdict aside, I sometimes shake my head at the way court decisions are handled through lower court / appeals court / Supreme Court.

Where I come from, the appeals process is meant to ensure that no erroneous legal steps or procedures occurred, and if they did, to remedy the errors. But not to end up re-trying the case at each appellate level.

Those reviews SOMETIMES can result in verdicts being voided. But generally, if there's a sentencing change, the case gets sent back to the original court.

Here, it seems, the appellate courts pretty much seem to go their own way, oftentimes regardless of what the lower courts have decided. So really, you never fully know until the final final appeal just how things are going to turn out.

In retrospect, the two defendants would have ended up better off to have just accepted the lower court's original ruling of a suspended jail sentence (meaning no time served) and a fine. But in this case, they rolled the dice with two appeals and ended up losing. Probably, they never believed "important" people like themselves would actually ever be sentenced to real time in prison.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

More political prisoners anther thing for the junta to try and cover up.

How do you connect this case to the junta?

- The offences were committed several years before the junta acted or even existed.

- Many folks will recall this guys loud mouth, often including words and delivery which were intimidating to many, and that he had no hesitation in the past to tell lies and convenient twists.

Probably learned from Suthep. ?

No that doesn't fit his agenda Mike. You have to be "with us or against us" mentality. Often used by the red shirt thugs in Isaan villages to demand obedient support for the Shin cause.

The concept that someone might not actually support the non democratic very dubious Shin owned political party whilst also not actually supporting the main opposition is alien to them.

Haha... you pointing fingers at the "with us or against us" mentality while thinking everybody who doesn't support the Junta is supporting Thaksin. Unbelievable.

Once again, and for your benefit only Baerboxer, nobody doubts Thaksin was a self serving egomaniac but the grievances he fed on are real and still exist in Thai society. The current government instead of addressing these issues is doubling down on old methods, and unfortunately next time the lid comes off it might not take the form of a Thaksin but of something much more violent and sinister.

You have read too many books by the look of it, Maybe Friday the thirteenth will show it's face after the army have tried to deal with the dung left in anyones care.

You have read too many books by the look of it, Maybe Friday the thirteenth will show it's face after the army have tried to deal with the dung left in anyones care.

When asked why he needed to increase the military budget, Gen Prayuth dismissed it saying "how will we scare our enemies if we don't buy weapons?"

Why is this relevant? Because it isn't the Government or the police that made Thaksin's fortune, it's the military when they awarded him an exclusive GSM license. It is the culture of patronage and lack of transparency within the military that made Thaksin who he is in the first place.

Thaksin himself is a byproduct of the military. If you want to clear the dung you really think putting in charge those who keep producing it, and absolutely don't want to change their ways, is the way to go?

Edited by firestar

Not sure anyone should go to jail for defamation, but if anyone should, it would be Prompong.

In a country where over half the country would believe you if you said money grew on trees and the moon landings were a big hoax, lies told by politicians are a big vote earner.

smutcakes thinks he knows better than everyone else and he believes he is always right.