Auction of 1.29 million tonnes of 'rotten' Thai rice deferred until August

webfact

This crippling scheme that targeted the poor has done nothing for them and cost billions and is still ongoing and to keep reading about this rotten rice is quite sad to hear. Especially if you were a Thai tax payer.

If only the previous regime did a financial viability study like this current govt with the free bus fairs that will continue to serve the truly poor and needy we would be free of these reminders of rotten rice.

Lets hope the Junta clean this mess up and move on with sustainable plans for development for the industry.

This crippling scheme that targeted the poor has done nothing for them and cost billions and is still ongoing and to keep reading about this rotten rice is quite sad to hear. Especially if you were a Thai tax payer.

If only the previous regime did a financial viability study like this current govt with the free bus fairs that will continue to serve the truly poor and needy we would be free of these reminders of rotten rice.

Lets hope the Junta clean this mess up and move on with sustainable plans for development for the industry.

Are you sure there has been any "financial viability study" performed? I myself doubt it. The junta's policies are strictly populist meaning they are doing things only for their own self need. Basically sucking up to the people so that they like and support them. Nothing meaningful what so ever.

Think of it like this....the "rice scheme" was to help the farmers and poor of the majority of Thailand.

The "free bus fair scheme" is to help ONLY the people of BKK which are who support the current Junta. Nobody in the rural communities get free bus rides as the busses involved are not there.

Get where Im coming from now?

I liken the Junta to your basic high school student government. However, there are MANY HS governments who do a much better job....

Are you sure there has been any "financial viability study" performed? I myself doubt it. The junta's policies are strictly populist meaning they are doing things only for their own self need. Basically sucking up to the people so that they like and support them. Nothing meaningful what so ever.

Think of it like this....the "rice scheme" was to help the farmers and poor of the majority of Thailand.

The "free bus fair scheme" is to help ONLY the people of BKK which are who support the current Junta. Nobody in the rural communities get free bus rides as the busses involved are not there.

I liken the Junta to your basic high school student government. However, there are MANY HS governments who do a much better job....

So the rice scam was to help the poor farmers. As they received very little of the huge cost, are you willing to concede massive incompetence or that is was simply a vote-buying lie?

"free bus fair scheme" (sic) is for government transport, including trains. Rural communities with a train service had access as did rural cities with government buses.

So the rice scam was to help the poor farmers. As they received very little of the huge cost, are you willing to concede massive incompetence or that is was simply a vote-buying lie?

"free bus fair scheme" (sic) is for government transport, including trains. Rural communities with a train service had access as did rural cities with government buses.

I guess you dont get what Im saying....

Both governments had "schemes" each targeted at specific individuals ie their "following".

As far as transpo goes, its targets are in BKK as that is where people generally use the cheap benefits on a normal everyday basis. Farmers only travel and use the benefits on very seldom occasions where the city people use it everyday. How often do farmers get to travel and use it? Come on you cant be his naive?

I guess you dont get what Im saying....

Both governments had "schemes" each targeted at specific individuals ie their "following".

As far as transpo goes, its targets are in BKK as that is where people generally use the cheap benefits on a normal everyday basis. Farmers only travel and use the benefits on very seldom occasions where the city people use it everyday. How often do farmers get to travel and use it? Come on you cant be his naive?

So its a problem that those who need a concession get it, but those who don't need it don't get it?blink.png

I think perhaps what the OP is saying is that they want to step back and take a look to be sure scammers aren't burying good rice in with bad to buy the good at bad prices.

"Commerce Minister Chatchai Sarikalya said Friday that he wanted to find out whether all the 1.29 million tonnes of “rotten” rice were actually rotten or are there any good rice among them which could be separated."

“If the separation is worth the spending, then it should so the country can stand to benefit the most instead of selling all of them as rotten rice..."