Where is Bangkok's best beer garden?

krisb

So anyone gonna get back on topic and answer the OP?

Kris there are lits of spots around Phra Athit....and on the river there.

But one or two well off the track we will explore....bring 500 Baht though...its not cheap hehehe....

I can't tell you krisb...Johnny has threatened me with a gun and said I already got two strikes...

So it's Phra Kanong then?

Phra Khanong beer garden is good. 100 tables (?) surrounded by 40 (?) eatery choices, Thai style, hamburgers, pizza, suits every taste.

2 bars, both which do beer towers and cocktails and spirits etc etc. . Bacardi breezers for people like me.

very civilized environment a few hundred metres from the BTS.

If you get a chance KB check it out

I can't tell you krisb...Johnny has threatened me with a gun and said I already got two strikes...

Phra Khanong beer garden is good. 100 tables (?) surrounded by 40 (?) eatery choices, Thai style, hamburgers, pizza, suits every taste.

2 bars, both which do beer towers and cocktails and spirits etc etc. . Bacardi breezers for people like me.

The Spanish food is particularly good.

The one in Prakanong beside the Bangkok bank closed years ago.

You wont find them on Suk Rd enclave, they are in the suburbs, as for what makes them good, ok here goes, no hawkers hookers or pedlars, no Indian guy trying to flog me peanuts or tacky jewellery, no Mr Lucky Man, no 5 year old kid trying to flog me three day old dead flowers, no shoe shine guy, no fake charity scammers, no aggressive ladyboys, no 180 baht per small bottle of beer rip off prices, not pestered for "lady drink" whatever that means, no one trying to flog me three foot high Zippo lighters, no one trying to flog me fake Ban Ray sunglasses for 1,000 baht that can be bought all over for 150 baht, no one trying to flog me eck movies

Surrounded by normal people, such as, nurses, students, sales girls, office girls, small business owners, not the freaks that inhabit the human zoo of elsewhere.

On arrival met with a cold towel and led to a seat, on departure, give a 50 baht tip, given a genuine wai and a kop kun ka, not called a kee niaw or cheap chalee under her fetid breath.

Never mind, enjoy.

Great reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Phra Khanong Beer Garden is not easy to find if you don't know where to look. Take the driveway for the tall, cylindrically shaped condominium and walk behind, tucked off to the right.

There is a beergarden/BBQ similar to the old Phra Khanong one on Sukhumvit in On Nut, From Lotus, cross Soi 50, following Suk. inbound, about 100 meters down on the left. They now keep the meats, fish and poultry in small individual boxes in a refrigerator rather than in big open trays...much more sanitary and safe. i also like that the table grills are electric, not charcoal so you don't get smoke and ash in your face. Not as hot as well. Beer available in towers.

GERMAN TAWAN DAENG (Rama-3) is to me still the best Beer Garden in Bangkok. Excellent beer brewed on premises, sometimes very good entertainment and the best pork knuckle ever: one years worth of fat and cholesterol in one easy dose.

Was there for the first time yesterday. :) Fun place. As has been mentioned, good supply of different foods, different drinks and a good atmosphere. I will go back there I think.

The new Phra Khanong Beer Garden is not easy to find if you don't know where to look. Take the driveway for the tall, cylindrically shaped condominium and walk behind, tucked off to the right.

It is difficult to find.

The development is called the W District

http://www.w-district.com/

I dont know which one is best but the one in Asiatique is good.

What is the one in Asiatique called... good variety of beers on tap?
I dont know about the variety of beer on tap. Its called BREW Beers & Ciders. Its touristy since its Asiatique but I think it is a nice place to sit and drink. Edited by BKKBobby

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Phra Kanonglast night and the place is excellent.

Great food, massive selection of beers, excellent service, and cheap too.

Ex. Large Leo 100 baht, pasta around 125b and excellent burgers around 120b. 2 large slices of good pizza for 100b was an extra.

Music not too loud, so all in all, thoroughly recommended.

Thanks for letting me know about the place