drronnie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would she do that?

Maybe she isn't pretending.

How can you tell the difference?

Who knows? But as you say, why would she pretend for free?

My ex wife pretended till we had two children. In my experience there are only two kinds of women; the ones who pretend for a short period of time and the ones who pretend for a long period of time.

Everybody hurts, everybody cries.

My ex wife pretended till we had two children. In my experience there are only two kinds of women; the ones who pretend for a short period of time and the ones who pretend for a long period of time.

And here we see a prime example of what makes some expats so cynical - assuming that their limited experiences correlate to all women.

And here we see a prime example of what makes some expats so cynical - assuming that their limited experiences correlate to all women.

At least I have some experience with women.wai2.gif

At least I have some experience with women.wai2.gif

Women who by your own admission were only pretending to like you.

Shall we try not to drag this any further off-topic?

I think the disgruntlement stems from the propensity some have for blaming everyone and everything else for their unhappiness.

Easy to tune/filter them out in real life - just walk away - but on here, they're insidious; hard to ignore them when their negativity seeps into every discussion

Glad you admitted it....Dee ma...thumbsup.gif

That counts for humour where you're from, doesn't it?

Many expats never liked Thailand in the first place - just the fact that they could pay women to pretend to like them.

Don't knock it, 'till you've tried it!

I knock it because I don't HAVE to try it.

S'all free here, pal.

You wrote, "Luckily, my wife pretends to like me free of charge."

I guess we are kind of in the same boat; both with pretending significant others. biggrin.png

That could make a man cynical if Thailand had anything to do with the cynicism.

I guess we are kind of in the same boat; both with pretending significant others. biggrin.png

I was joking.

Sadly, I don't think you were.

In the UK,

Mine pretended to like me for 27 years and 4 children.

Then she didn't pretend quite so well for another 2 years.

And the last year, no pretense at all.

Made her about 600,000GPB plus 30 years running expenses.

What I originally thought was free, turned out to be quite expensive at the end.

In Thailand,

No pretense for 5 years and 1 child.

Made her 100,000bht a year plus running expenses.

BARGAIN!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

In the UK,

Mine pretended to like me for 27 years and 4 children.

Then she didn't pretend quite so well for another 2 years.

And the last year, no pretense at all.

Made her about 600,000GPB plus 30 years running expenses.

What I originally thought was free, turned out to be quite expensive at the end.

In Thailand,

No pretense for 5 years and 1 child.

Made her 100,000bht a year plus running expenses.

BARGAIN!

600K for 27 years with someone with your attitude?

She got hosed

I think the longer you stay here and get to know the people/culture, the more frustrating/annoying some things become, but on the other hand, you also learn to live with it, expect it and accept it.

My words!

From illusions to real life.

I was joking.

For 20 years I pretended the divorce was my fault. For another 20 I pretended I couldn't read a blood test that determined paternity. For another 20 I pretended I didn't know about her and my best friend. For a couple of hours in the courtroom I pretended I didn't want the houses and the cars and the cash.

Finally I stopped pretending and came back to Thailand. Now I don't pretend. coffee1.gif

I was joking.

For 20 years I pretended the divorce was my fault. For another 20 I pretended I couldn't read a blood test that determined paternity. For another 20 I pretended I didn't know about her and my best friend. For a couple of hours in the courtroom I pretended I didn't want the houses and the cars and the cash.

Finally I stopped pretending and came back to Thailand. Now I don't pretend. coffee1.gif

Yes, you do - you pretend that there is something wrong with women in general, rather than admit that you simply married the wrong one.

Yes, you do - you pretend that there is something wrong with women in general, rather than admit that you simply married the wrong one.

Seems like everyone but you married the wrong one.

In another 20 years you can boast about it for real.

(at the moment the boasting is a tad premature methinks)

I was joking.

Plural. The first wrong one was in 1963. I've lost count. Suffice it to say I have discovered that all the oceans are wet. How many men do you know that are happily married and not cynical of the institution after 20 years?

Why the cynicism about Thailand? Women are women. The guys come here who never had a woman and wow they find out that women pretend they are handsome men till the bank account runs out. What a shock.

They cynicism about Thailand comes mainly from inexperienced men encountering a real male and female relationship for the first time or second time in 40 years.

They blame it on Thailand. Wouldn't happen in the West because there an attractive woman would not give them the time of day let alone a couple of years of a relationship and children!wai2.gif

Reminds me of a young couple I met in Pattaya a few years ago. They were in their early 30s and teaching English. They just loved it here in Thailand. They said they were planning on going home. I asked why if they liked it so much. They said there were so many cynical people around that they were starting to buy in to it also. So they wanted to leave before they got like the other cynical people. Thailand is to beautiful to have that kind of an outlook on it.

Perhaps the type who were easily brainwashed, no control over themselves....Reminds me of bomb folk.............sad.png

I don't think that was the case they were working and living in Bangkok. As teachers I doubt they got out to meet many others who had spent a lot of time in other communities.

My opinion only but Bangkok for a year and a half would certainly get me down.

Bikey and CH united...gonna love it...

No, this has been done to death and Friday nights at Ku De Ta are far more interesting than online jousting with men who've essentially given up and just aimed their wallet at the nearest strumpet that'll put up with them.

I don't have to do that so you'll excuse me if I leave you to it.

Always ends the same way, anyway - CLOSED

When you realise there is no value on your life it gets a bit annoying.

Why would you expect them to value you?

It makes me laugh how sensitive some expats are that they get all bothered about whether the locals like them.

I'm pretty sure that the medical definition of psychopathy relates to zero value for the lives of others.

They're just grumpy old men and would be equally as grumpy wherever they were in the world.

I like the young ones who couldn't make it and go back home and then send pictures and glowing reports on what a great mistake they made living in Thailand and are now happier than a pig in sh** since they moved back to the West.

I bought and sold 6 houses, 3 wives, 7 dogs and 3 corporations in Florida - like I don't know - what it's all about and need some young feller to advise me or try and make me jealous.

I live in Thailand because I see happy old men everywhere in the care of angels (or close to it) instead of being bag boys at the American grocery store.

Old guys and fallen angels yup they need us as much as we need them.wink.png

Leave me if you need to. I will still remember angel flying too close to the ground.

It seems everyone that has moved to Thailand has had multiple houses, wives, unlimited riches, corporations etc. yet there is never a post 1 with any evidence.

Talk is cheap is what I say to these folks.

Calling the kettle black when by your own admittance, you could not make it in your country. 3 wives says it all and I am sure it was all their fault right handsum man?

You see happy old men everywhere? You are full of yourself either that or you cannot read.

So many old men divorced or scammed in Thailand like it or not.

Read the forum

When you realise there is no value on your life it gets a bit annoying.

Why would you expect them to value you?

It makes me laugh how sensitive some expats are that they get all bothered about whether the locals like them.

nice glasses, keep it up, not talking about "being liked" or valuing "me" am talking about the value of your life here , which is zero, and maybe if someone close to you is killed by "a selfish moron" you might take those glasses off..............but i doubt it.

Edited by kannot

They're just grumpy old men and would be equally as grumpy wherever they were in the world.

I like the young ones who couldn't make it and go back home and then send pictures and glowing reports on what a great mistake they made living in Thailand and are now happier than a pig in sh** since they moved back to the West.

I bought and sold 6 houses, 3 wives, 7 dogs and 3 corporations in Florida - like I don't know - what it's all about and need some young feller to advise me or try and make me jealous.

I live in Thailand because I see happy old men everywhere in the care of angels (or close to it) instead of being bag boys at the American grocery store.

Old guys and fallen angels yup they need us as much as we need them.wink.png

Leave me if you need to. I will still remember angel flying too close to the ground.

It seems everyone that has moved to Thailand has had multiple houses, wives, unlimited riches, corporations etc. yet there is never a post 1 with any evidence.

Talk is cheap is what I say to these folks.

Calling the kettle black when by your own admittance, you could not make it in your country. 3 wives says it all and I am sure it was all their fault right handsum man?

You see happy old men everywhere? You are full of yourself either that or you cannot read.

So many old men divorced or scammed in Thailand like it or not.

Read the forum

never married until I came to Thailand at 40 odd years old..............oh dear, Ive blown your theory apart