In Kl Now And Immigration Very Nice Today

HI All

Myself and a friend today applied for our visas at the KL embassy today. I was after a one year multiple entry marriage and my friend was after a one year business visa. We both were first timers and quite worried after what we had read about KL Immigration, and on top of that we woke up to the news of the Coupe.

We actually found the staff to be very helpfull and we were both told that there would be no problems with me getting a one year multiple marriage and my friend was told the same re the biz visa. I paid the 5k and left with a smile.

We were both surprised at how helpfull the staff were. Is this normal there and do we get rejected tomorrow when we pick up or visas. If they only give 3 months do they refund the difference in the fees? Maybe they have different instructions due to the coupe.

We have quite enjoyed KL so far. Was hoping to hear from some expats or previous visitors on some good watering holes and if there is any nightlife. We have two more nights left here.

Any info on where to go would be appreciated.

JT

When I went there IU applied for a year and got three months. They gave me the difference back though : )

As for nightlife.............

Hard Rock Cafe is meant to have a bit of a buzz going but mainly it seemed to me to be a restaurant scene with a few bars here and there.

I just went shopping last time but had a good time.

HI All

We have quite enjoyed KL so far. Was hoping to hear from some expats or previous visitors on some good watering holes and if there is any nightlife. We have two more nights left here.

JT

Head down to KL city centre near twin towers......Jalan Sultan Ismail. You'll find load of bars around that area...........Hard Rock, Beach Bar, etc............

Or get a taxi and head out to Bangsar.........Haggle with the taxi and give him no more than 10 Ringgit....In Bangsar..........loads of bar and pubs and great eating joints too.

Depends on what you guys after..........4 totty action better to head Jalan Sultan Ismail.

Good luck!

:o

HI All

Myself and a friend today applied for our visas at the KL embassy today. I was after a one year multiple entry marriage and my friend was after a one year business visa. We both were first timers and quite worried after what we had read about KL Immigration, and on top of that we woke up to the news of the Coupe.

We actually found the staff to be very helpfull and we were both told that there would be no problems with me getting a one year multiple marriage and my friend was told the same re the biz visa. I paid the 5k and left with a smile.

We were both surprised at how helpfull the staff were. Is this normal there and do we get rejected tomorrow when we pick up or visas. If they only give 3 months do they refund the difference in the fees? Maybe they have different instructions due to the coupe.

JT

Did you have to show proof of income or 400k in Thai bank for the Non O marriage visa?

I got refused 3 months ago for multi on grounds of not showing income at Penang, going again in 4 days.

Hi mate,

what documents did you have with you?

Thinking for visit them as well...

HI All

JT

HI All

JT

Head down to KL city centre near twin towers......Jalan Sultan Ismail. You'll find load of bars around that area...........Hard Rock, Beach Bar, etc............

Or get a taxi and head out to Bangsar.........Haggle with the taxi and give him no more than 10 Ringgit....In Bangsar..........loads of bar and pubs and great eating joints too.

Depends on what you guys after..........4 totty action better to head Jalan Sultan Ismail.

Good luck!

:o

It might also be benificial to enlist help from some locals in finding a nice place, last time i was in KL i had a local guide and there is a lot of hidden clubs/discos too....not easy to find on your own and not always easy to get in eighter if you show up alone.