90 day reporting

I have a question about 90 day reporting. I will be in Thailand soon on my new retirement visa. I understand I have to report every 90 days to immigration (now available online). My question is: Does the reporting have to be exactly 90 days from when I enter the kingdom (or from the last date of reporting) or can it be say, 85 days or 95 days. If it can be say 85 days, is the next reporting date 90 days from that date ?

90 days from arrival but how can you enter on a retirement extension impossible unless you have already aquired same and used a rentry stamp, ok so assuming you have latter 15 days bedore or 7 days after the 90 day report date.

If you enter on your new O/A visa, long stay, you will get 1 year permission to stay on entry. You must report your address every 90 days, so 90 days, including the day that you enter, is your report date. You can report 15 days early up to 7 days late. The next report date will be 90 days from the day that you report. I'm not sure about any restrictions on on line reporting as I do mine by post.

• Like 1

If used correctly, the one year O/A visa can actually get you up yo two years permission to stay. If you exit and return just before it expires, use by date, you will get another year permission to stay. The only restriction is that if you want to leave the country during that year and keep your permission to stay valid you will have to purchase a re-entry permit. The current cost is 3800 baht for multiple entry and 1000 baht for single.

Note that the 15 days before until 7 days after your due date mentioned by other posters are only if you report in person at an immigration office. Reporting online can only be done in a window from 15 days before until 7 days before your due date. If reporting by mail according to the rules you have to post your report at least 14 days before your due date, but some immigration offices are flexible and will accept your report as long as it arrives before your due date.

Sophon

OP - it may be best if you did your first 90-day report at least in person at your local immigration office. If nothing else it will provide you with an opportunity to familiarise yourself with its location for subsequent re-entry permit and, in due course, extension of stay applications (which all have to be made in person).

• Like 1