THAI to reduce international and regional flights to cut costs

webfact

Yea, they are "pulling out" of the American market because the US is banning them because of safety concerns. That is the real story.

Now if the government would let a private entity run the railroads as well as the airline they might actually get better. But the unions are strong. The government is between a rock and a hard place.

If that's the case they've got a problem. If the US bans then the EU probably won't be far behind.

.... not to mention the Thai DCA-Management. They are a big part of the problem!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Self-driving cars well past the drawing board stage, so why not airplanes? tongue.png 'Might help with the self-destructing pilot problem ...

When cars have a problem they can just stop, no problem...

Now you are flying at 38,000 feet, and the engines flame out and no pilot... sad.png

I wished that the Thai Air representatives, would take this opportunity to come

to Calgary Alberta, Canada, and start a new route from Bangkok to Calgary and return.

We could use some good competition for our Air Canada airline. I have always enjoyed

the great Thai Air service in the past and would certainly fly on Thai Air in the

future, if only it would fly to our city.

The way Thai airlines are going, Calgary will be about all they have left. Keep your fingers crossed.

You wish...I don't think THAI are ever going to return to North America and if they did, it would be right back to LAX. A link from Calgary to Thailand, in the absence of any direct services between anywhere in Canada and Thailand? In your dreams...

I wished that the Thai Air representatives, would take this opportunity to come

to Calgary Alberta, Canada, and start a new route from Bangkok to Calgary and return.

We could use some good competition for our Air Canada airline. I have always enjoyed

the great Thai Air service in the past and would certainly fly on Thai Air in the

future, if only it would fly to our city.

The way Thai airlines are going, Calgary will be about all they have left. Keep your fingers crossed.

You wish...I don't think THAI are ever going to return to North America and if they did, it would be right back to LAX. A link from Calgary to Thailand, in the absence of any direct services between anywhere in Canada and Thailand? In your dreams...

Ah. Allow me to introduce you to the gentle art of irony.

'Self-driving cars well past the drawing board stage, so why not airplanes? tongue.png 'Might help with the self-destructing pilot problem ...

Now you are flying at 38,000 feet, and the engines flame out and no pilot... sad.png

"When cars have a problem they can just stop, no problem..."

Lol. Yeah, "no problem" if the reason it stopped wasn't because it crashed into another one ...

As for the plane at angels 38, well, let's see. Computer senses the failure(s), enters flameout subroutine, directs autopilot to set up best glide and turn toward nearest suitable airport, checks fuel transfer settings (valves, pumps, etc.) and initiates airstarts, squawks emergency and transmits automated emergency messages (including position, course, speed, alt, etc.), begins approach & landing sequence, and all without a human deliberately trying to fly it into a mountainside, the ocean, or a skyscraper ... 'Sounds programmable to me. But relax. Just thinking out loud.

"When cars have a problem they can just stop, no problem..."

Lol. Yeah, "no problem" if the reason it stopped wasn't because it crashed into another one ...

As for the plane at angels 38, well, let's see. Computer senses the failure(s), enters flameout subroutine, directs autopilot to set up best glide and turn toward nearest suitable airport, checks fuel transfer settings (valves, pumps, etc.) and initiates airstarts, squawks emergency and transmits automated emergency messages (including position, course, speed, alt, etc.), begins approach & landing sequence, and all without a human deliberately trying to fly it into a mountainside, the ocean, or a skyscraper ... 'Sounds programmable to me. But relax. Just thinking out loud.

If not now, not far away. Any highly paid person in such an occupation should be scared, very scared.

Think about what can be replaced by intelligent robots, and worry for the future of humanity.

Even a programmable "entertainment" android would do a better job than a bored bargirl. Japan has "brothels" where men can use lifelike dolls- imagine what they would be like if built round a robotic skeleton. No need to travel to Thailand anymore giggle.gif .