US: Huckabee criticizes Iran deal as being similar to Holocaust

webfact

Candidate criticizes Iran deal as being similar to Holocaust

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is likening the agreement on an Iranian nuclear deal to "marching the Israelis to the door of the oven," a reference to the Holocaust.

The former Arkansas governor made the tweet Sunday, a day after first making the comparison when denouncing President Barack Obama for his role in the agreement reached July 14 by the United States and five other world powers with Tehran.

Responding, Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said Huckabee's statement was "grossly irresponsible" and called on him to apologize.

But a Huckabee spokeswoman said Sunday his comments reflect a longstanding position that "the Iran deal is a bad deal, bad for America and bad for Israel." Huckabee's tweet called on Congress to reject the nuclear deal.

"This president's foreign policy is the most feckless in American history," Huckabee said in an interview with Breitbart News broadcast on Sirius/XM radio Saturday. "He's so naive he would trust the Iranians and he would take the Israelis and basically march them to the door of the oven."

Huckabee said that "this Iran deal should be rejected by both Democrats and Republicans."

"We forget Iranians have never kept a deal in 36 years under the ayatollah. There's no reason to think they will suddenly start doing it."

Huckabee said of the deal: "I read the entire thing. We gave away the whole farm. It's got to be stopped."

Huckabee's comments come as the Republican presidential candidates struggle to break through with 16 presidential candidates already in the Republican field, and one of those, New York businessman Donald Trump, getting more attention than most.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-07-27

It would have been more accurate to say that Obama's Iranian Nuclear "deal" has a lot in common with The Munich Agreement. However, if there is another Holocaust, the WHOLE WORLD is in danger. The Iranians are developing ICBMs that can reach a lot further than Israel. sad.png

Is he making another bid for the White House or was he just earning his retainer?

just earning his retainer i would say.Cant stand the man.

This deal could go either way have to wait and see,but it looks like the iranians are the winners.

I always wondered if Kevin Spacey developed his Frank Underwood character on him - there are more than a few similarities to their obviously fake public sincerity.

It would have been more accurate to say that Obama's Iranian Nuclear "deal" has a lot in common with The Munich Agreement. However, if there is another Holocaust, the WHOLE WORLD is in danger. The Iranians are developing ICBMs that can reach a lot further than Israel. sad.png

so is it irrelevant that the UN Security Council subsequently unanimously approved the deal? ermm.gif

I hope Trump and Huckabee stay in the race for a bit longer. This is the best comedic entertainment I've seen come out of the states in a good long while. I plan to develop an excellent drinking game to go along with the first debacle... errr... debate.

The "deal" is highly questionable and Israel is in the crossfire, but I wouldn't put it the way that he did. blink.png

This is perhaps a case where a priority of the USA and Israel are not the same.

The current Israeli leadership sees Iran and it's proxies as they key threat, while the USA sees ISIS that way.

It would have been more accurate to say that Obama's Iranian Nuclear "deal" has a lot in common with The Munich Agreement. However, if there is another Holocaust, the WHOLE WORLD is in danger. The Iranians are developing ICBMs that can reach a lot further than Israel.

so is it irrelevant that the UN Security Council subsequently unanimously approved the deal?

Not much different from The Munich Agreement. How did that work out? ermm.gif

I hope Trump and Huckabee stay in the race for a bit longer. This is the best comedic entertainment I've seen come out of the states in a good long while. I plan to develop an excellent drinking game to go along with the first debacle... errr... debate.

You'll need perhaps a dozen fellow watchers for a good game, but you could have fewer.

I suggest put (twice as many as there are players) key words in a hat, and each player draws two words. Whenever a player's word is spoken by one of the debaters, he drinks.

Words such as Obama, health, Israel, Iran should be included.

Could get messy.

It would have been more accurate to say that Obama's Iranian Nuclear "deal" has a lot in common with The Munich Agreement. However, if there is another Holocaust, the WHOLE WORLD is in danger. The Iranians are developing ICBMs that can reach a lot further than Israel.

so is it irrelevant that the UN Security Council subsequently unanimously approved the deal?

Not much different from The Munich Agreement. How did that work out? ermm.gif

I see no comparison whatsoever to what a handful of European countries negotiated at that time compared to 15 countries on the UN Security Council ( representing the WHOLE WORLD ) which approved this deal.blink.png

Of course he mentioned the Holocaust.

He mentioned the Holocaust because Iranian govern officials have repeatedly threatened to destroy Israel and a nuke is the only way that they have a hope of accomplishing that. Apologists for radical Islam will say anything - tell any lie - to make the world forget that. However, if there is another Holocaust. the WHOLE WORLD is in danger. The Iranians are developing ICBMs that can reach a lot further than Israel.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/14336

You'll need perhaps a dozen fellow watchers for a good game, but you could have fewer.

I suggest put (twice as many as there are players) key words in a hat, and each player draws two words. Whenever a player's word is spoken by one of the debaters, he drinks.

Could get messy.

Don't forget other touchstones such as God, Jesus, faith, salvation...

Could get messy.

Yeah but you could do a Primary version of "BS Bingo" using your suggested terms and similar, e.g.:

screen-shot-2012-08-22-at-11-58-32-pm1.p

I see no comparison whatsoever to what a handful of European countries negotiated at that time compared to 15 countries on the UN Security Council ( representing the WHOLE WORLD ) which approved this deal

Then you need to study more history. Those European countries were the Imperial Powers of the time and the decision they made affected the WHOLE WORLD every bit as much as the UN Security Council does now.

I see no comparison whatsoever to what a handful of European countries negotiated at that time compared to 15 countries on the UN Security Council ( representing the WHOLE WORLD ) which approved this deal

Then you need to study more history. Those European countries were the Imperial Powers of the time and the decision they made affected the WHOLE WORLD every bit as much as the UN Security Council does now.

I know history thank you very much but history often makes things even more confusing blink.png

For example The Symington Amendment was passed way back in 1976 (making aid to Israel illegal) and yet all this time US Congress has totally ignored it? Why?ph34r.png

Edited by Asiantravel

the WHOLE WORLD is in danger.

The whole world (sorry, WHOLE WORLD) is in more danger from the malevolent regime in Israel than Iran. This is especially true after the P5+1 negotiated deal which was undoubtedly the best deal possible.

The world (sorry, WHOLE WORLD) needs to solve the Israel problem before it's too late.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

so is it irrelevant that the UN Security Council subsequently unanimously approved the deal? ermm.gif

Stop referencing facts to dispute our arguments. Non Fox facts are irrelevant. The Obama administration negotiated this deal, so it's bad. It's the end of the world as we know it. We need to turn the middle east to glass. That's the only way to deal with those people. whistling.gif

Is he making another bid for the White House or was he just earning his retainer?

Well he has always got his 2nd job to fall back on------Faux news----- the ridiculousness of the nonsense that comes from that station is that while they have would be republican presidential candidates "unbiasedly" commenting on the political scene----they run a banner behind them reading-----"Faux News--Fair and balanced"........ wub.png

Funny how they keep referring to it as "Obama's" treaty, as though he did the whole thing himself.
The "deal" is the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) (Persian: برنامه جامع اقدام مشترک‎, abbreviated as برجام) I; a nuclear agreement signed in Vienna on 14 July 2015 between Iran, the P5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States—plus Germany), and the European Union.
While the POTUS may have had a strong leadership role in the process, it was not conducted in a vacuum.

The UNSC is irrelevant. The US rep ( Obama puppet ) would obviously vote for and the other major players Russia and China support anything bad for the US. The Brits are a US poodle and France wants to make money in Iran. The non permanent members are not even worth considering and probably do what they are told to by the US except Venezuela which hates the US.

Funny how they keep referring to it as "Obama's" treaty, as though he did the whole thing himself.

The "deal" is the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) (Persian: برنامه جامع اقدام مشترک‎, abbreviated as برجام) I; a nuclear agreement signed in Vienna on 14 July 2015 between Iran, the P5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States—plus Germany), and the European Union.

While the POTUS may have had a strong leadership role in the process, it was not conducted in a vacuum.

Goes to show how irrelevant Kerry is.

Well he has always got his 2nd job to fall back on------Faux news----- the ridiculousness of the nonsense that comes from that station is that while they have would be republican presidential candidates "unbiasedly" commenting on the political scene----they run a banner behind them reading-----"Faux News--Fair and balanced"........ wub.png

Right on top of breaking news aren't you. He left Fox News voluntarily in January 2015.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Huckabee Leaves Fox News Show to Consider 2016 Run
By JONATHAN MARTINJAN. 3, 2015
Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas, announced Saturday night that he was ending his cable talk show and would make a decision about a presidential bid this spring.
Mr. Huckabee, a Republican, used his weekly Fox News program, “Huckabee,” to reveal that he was leaving the network as he considers a second campaign for the White House.
“As much as I have loved doing the show, I cannot bring myself to rule out another presidential run,” said Mr. Huckabee, 59, who also sought the Republican nomination in 2008. Adding a bit of drama, he said, “As we say in television, stay tuned!”