Whose Forum?

Ollie

Is this the future of this section of TV?

Every recent post has a link, web address, "contact me" etc.

I understand sponsorship is needed, but at what cost?

I come here for advice, good ideas and admittedly contribute little. But when the self-interest is so self-evident, whats the point?

And its tedious.

Maybe the audience is changing?

Ollie, you are talking about the sponsors banners at the top of the real estate forum?

Sponsorship is an admin decision and as such, should be discussed in the forum support desk.

I'll move the thread there.

The ads and sponsorship are needed to pay for the site, so the rest of us can enjoy the site for free. Now i am sure if you want to get yor wallet out and pay for the servers and everything that goes with it, then i am sure george, huski or the doc would be happy to take your money and remove all advertising from the site.

Edited by daleyboy

The ads and sponsorship are needed to pay for the site, so the rest of us can enjoy the site for free. Now i am sure if you want to get yor wallet out and pay for the servers and everything that goes with it, then i am sure george, huski or the doc would be happy to take your money and remove all advertising from the site.

:o:D

I come here for advice, good ideas and admittedly contribute little. But when the self-interest is so self-evident, whats the point?

And its tedious.

Examples, apart from sponsors?

And its tedious.

Examples, apart from sponsors?

ollie is talking about 1rai.com and the thai-belgium companies sponsoring the property forum,

they seem to be replying to every topic with "call us and we can sort it out for you" speel

and quite frankly ollie is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ollie,

Are you referring to us ?

I don't think i did something wrong, did i ? I just told my opinions in a topic what has to do with my field of work. I never pussed anyone to come to me ?

And i m not the only sponsor in this forum, right ? What about Sunbelt ? They do this more then i do.

Im just trying to give advice for people who need and want it, nothing more, nothing less........

This is what a forum is all about......talking about topics, right ? :o

Kind regards,

Thaibel Asia

I'm with Ollie. Joined this forum as building away merrily, posted a few pictures as encouraged to do and have recommended a local builder ( by PM only ) when asked.

It does seem that you can not now praise a Thai without self-interest groups jumping in with horror stories and look how good I am spiels.

By all means advirtise lads and good on you, as without the support the whole issue collapses. However, not every thread needs to be steered to employ me lines, that's what your banners are for.

Hope you get lot's of business from the sponsorship, but leave the hi-jacking to Osama.

I'm with Ollie. Joined this forum as building away merrily, posted a few pictures as encouraged to do and have recommended a local builder ( by PM only ) when asked.

It does seem that you can not now praise a Thai without self-interest groups jumping in with horror stories and look how good I am spiels.

By all means advirtise lads and good on you, as without the support the whole issue collapses. However, not every thread needs to be steered to employ me lines, that's what your banners are for.

Hope you get lot's of business from the sponsorship, but leave the hi-jacking to Osama.

Well......don't have words for this kind of explanation....... :o

By the way, I do praise Thai builders, we also sell for them, we just wanted to give the difference between Western and Thai standards.....nothing more.

Regards,

Thaibel Asia

Well......don't have words for this kind of explanation....... :o

By the way, I do praise Thai builders, we also sell for them, we just wanted to give the difference between Western and Thai standards.....nothing more.

Regards,

Thaibel Asia

Sorry, my OP wsasn't as clear as it could have been - splitlid picked up what I was about. Of course the advertising is needed and the banners etc. Its the sell in so many posts that was getting on my nerves. These are agents and as such, are there to sell, I haven't seen a great deal in their contributions other than "contact us, we'll sort it out" and just wondered whether that was needed?

I was trawling the site from the UK yesterday evening and it really got on my nerves and I'm not sure how much the posts really contribute?

It was a question, thats all, it seems some others feel as I do?

Appreciate it was probably not the right place to post, hence it being moved.

Edited by Ollie