Prayut practises cycling to test physical fitness

webfact

Prayut practises cycling to test physical fitness

7-28-2015-11-57-43-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today led his cabinet minister to practise cycling around Government House before the upcoming "Bike for Mom" event on August 16 to mark Her Majesty the Queen's birthday

The cycling drill was part of the prime minister’s effort to prepare his and his ministers’ physical fitness before joining the 43-kilometre biking distance.

Dressed in yellow shirt, the Prime Minister rode his black mountain bike inside the compound of Government House for three rounds at a total distance of three kilometres.

He led all the way to finish the three rounds ahead of other riders in the drilling. But he didn’t stop and ride further for another round to show his physical fitness for the longer drilling on August 2 on the actual track from the Royal Plaza to the 11th Infantry Regiment in Bang Khen district.

However some ministers could not finish the set three round cycling and have to cut short the trip.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-practises-cycling-to-test-physical-fitness

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-28

Rank has its privileges , once you get to certain rank the tailor does a let out or refit of uniform on a regular time schedule. Might even be based on the number of social buffet functions they attend, number of beers they drink, I was never included in the social activities/functions of people of his rank, so truthfully ''I don't know nor really care''

I would make book that he could not do a 40 kilometer hike with 40 kilo backpack, in the time required for the Thai Marines, as they call themselves. Nor could I have at his age and I can not recall anyone I know who could.

Look forward to seeing him ride the entire 43 kilometres.

Maybe you'll get footage of him starting off at a high rate of knots then later footage of him still flying as he crosses the finish line.

As for the kilometers in between ... !

Next he will be taking up golf. Let see if the Great general can beat Kim Jongs 11 hole in one's in his first ever round of golf.

You can do it!!

Yes Kim Jong equalled Tiger Woods record of being the biggest liar in the world.

I Love Cycling, but no way would I get on a Bike here in Thailand...

Recipe for death.....

given i do around 100k per week in bangkok on average, i chuckle everytime i hear someone say this. my 20k is the highlight of my day.

i personally cant imagine you love cycling that much.

its an excuse, and a bad one at that.

Edited by HooHaa

hmm, 3k flat on a bike is like walking for 15 mins. to be unable to finish is shocking.

Propaganda designed to make him appear the archetypal dynamic man's man like rootin' tootin' shootin' Putin?

The choice of the yellow shirt isn't going to ruffle any feathers either, of course...

I Love Cycling, but no way would I get on a Bike here in Thailand...

Recipe for death.....

given i do around 100k per week in bangkok on average, i chuckle everytime i hear someone say this. my 20k is the highlight of my day.

i personally cant imagine you love cycling that much.

its an excuse, and a bad one at that.

I value my life too much...., if you don't think it's dangerous, thats great, cycle on.....(But for how long).,,,

He led all the way to finish the three rounds ahead of other riders

I wonder why? of course, they would not dream of letting him win, after all he's Super General of the Galactic Empire (well Thailand at least)

He led all the way to finish the three rounds ahead of other riders

I wonder why? of course, they would not dream of letting him win, after all he's Super General of the Galactic Empire (well Thailand at least)

On ya bike LannaGuy, you have filled your quota of anti-junta posts now.......................coffee1.gif