New trend of young, educated Thai women with farang husbands emerges: researcher

webfact

I think he's right - it is easier to date girls back home.

It's just easier to pay them to have sex with you here.

I'm just interested in the sex.

A date is just wasting time (and money) I would rather spend with my mates.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough.

Some of us like women, though.

Fair enough.

Nah, most guys just want the sex, but never work out how to get it without dating.

Then there's always a few who want to share dress and makeup tips.

Like I said I'll bet the poster is an old guy who can't really remember what it was like to date girls back home or it was so long ago he may be correct. Girls back home were fun before they declared war against the male of the species. Circa 1980 something...... it changed from a movement to war.

I'd try not to fantasize about what it's like to pay Thai women for sex. Since you have never done it just thinking about all the time may not be healthy.

It's not the same as paying Western women. If you want me to explain the difference PM me if you are over 18 I'll tell you.

Most good looking younger Western guys are paid by Thai women to go out with them at least in my experience.

I have a good friend who has a house, car and motorcycle all paid for by an attractive young Thai woman; reinforcing the finding of the researcher in the OP.

Fair enough.

Nah, most guys just want the sex, but never work out how to get it without dating.

Right. Because actually enjoying the company of women makes you gay. Of course.

Fair enough.

Right. Because actually enjoying the company of women makes you gay. Of course.

post-232807-0-87490900-1438530012_thumb.

Fair enough.

I think I had the pleasure to read the most stupid comment on Thai visa to date.

Most guys want sex but ummm never figured out how to get it? Well, yes I did. I came to Thailand where every loser like yourself can get a shag for next to nothing. I usually have nothing against prostitute chasers like yourself (really), but when people tell me I don't want a meaningful relationship and I just want sex (but don't know how to get it in Thailand rotflmao) then I will call you out on your pathetic BS just like I am doing it now.

What a fruitcake.

I dont frequent girlie bars...

Then prepare yourself for the gamut of weird assumptions people will make here - you must be gay, you must be a religious fanatic, you must be married to a 20-stone farang monster, and many more besides.

You cut the quote to change its meaning. The whole quote was, "I found it easier to date girls back home than here in Thailand. I dont frequent girlie bars, do my experience is that western women are more available."

I find people who profess these weird ideas like, "it was easier to date girls back home" there is always a fly in the ointment or something not kosher about them.

In This case I'll bet you the above poster is an old married guy.

You're partly right, I am indeed married now and not the youngest anymore. But I wonder why you find it easier to date girls in Thailand than in your home country? Are you from Saudi Arabia or India? Women in Europe, and I assume the US and Australia as well, are by far more liberal, economically independent and are less bound by family restrictions. Western women are, gladly, sexually as active and liberal minded as men are. If you haven't experienced this I am sorry for you. I have always preferred Asian women, and dated as many Chinese, Indonesian or Japanese girls as I could in my home country. Even dating Asian women in Europe was easier and more straightforward than here. No immediate strings attached.

I think we can see a clear pattern arise that reaches the core of this whole discussion. I often hear the words:' if you can't find a woman in Thailand, you can't find her anywhere'. And that should clearly be the opposite if you want to find a suitable 'in your league' partner here: if you can't find a true woman back home, you won't find her in Thailand neither. It's not about where you are, it's all about who you are.

Please note that I refer to an economically, educationally, and morally matching partner and not the marriage of a 'wealthy' Westerner with a poor (third world) village girl 30 years younger. Nor am I talking about the dancing butterflies in the nightlife districts of Bangkok, Manila or Jakarta. Again, there's nothing wrong with such arrangements, but not my cup of tea.

Then prepare yourself for the gamut of weird assumptions people will make here - you must be gay, you must be a religious fanatic, you must be married to a 20-stone farang monster, and many more besides.

You cut the quote to change its meaning. The whole quote was, "I found it easier to date girls back home than here in Thailand. I dont frequent girlie bars, do my experience is that western women are more available."

I find people who profess these weird ideas like, "it was easier to date girls back home" there is always a fly in the ointment or something not kosher about them.

In This case I'll bet you the above poster is an old married guy.

You're partly right, I am indeed married now and not the youngest anymore. But I wonder why you find it easier to date girls in Thailand than in your home country? Are you from Saudi Arabia or India? Women in Europe, and I assume the US and Australia as well, are by far more liberal, economically independent and are less bound by family restrictions. Western women are, gladly, sexually as active and liberal minded as men are. If you haven't experienced this I am sorry for you. I have always preferred Asian women, and dated as many Chinese, Indonesian or Japanese girls as I could in my home country. Even dating Asian women in Europe was easier and more straightforward than here. No immediate strings attached.

I think we can see a clear pattern arise that reaches the core of this whole discussion. I often hear the words:' if you can't find a woman in Thailand, you can't find her anywhere'. And that should clearly be the opposite if you want to find a suitable 'in your league' partner here: if you can't find a true woman back home, you won't find her in Thailand neither. It's not about where you are, it's all about who you are.

Please note that I refer to an economically, educationally, and morally matching partner and not the marriage of a 'wealthy' Westerner with a poor (third world) village girl 30 years younger. Nor am I talking about the dancing butterflies in the nightlife districts of Bangkok, Manila or Jakarta. Again, there's nothing wrong with such arrangements, but not my cup of tea.

I dated young strippers in the West and go go dancers in Thailand. They both had the same level of education and the same income percentage compared to the rest of the population. The girls in The West made about as much as a doctor as did the ladies in Thailand who I dated. In the West we had to sneak around because the ladies did not want to introduce me to dad who in most cases was younger than I. Not a problem in Thailand.

I didn't date Asian women in the West. I don't date Western women in Asia.

Many people all around the world are attracted to the exotic, pretty much every average looking human goes up a few notches in perceived attractiveness once they are transplanted to an area where their features are not commonplace.

Actually there is an interesting theory.

That the human genepool is so small and we all come from such a small group, estimated to have been only around 5000 strong, that we are programmed by mother nature to be attracted to those different from us in order to diversify the genepool as much as possible.

Agree....with a plus. Thai with Western are the source of very beautiful babies.... models and movie stars.

You have better luck than I all see are ugly babies being wheeled by old poor Farangs

I have never seen a mixed baby in Pattaya that is not ugly and many are also retarded

They worse kind of inflammatory Rubbish imaginable. Turn on a TV sometime.

Like I said I'll bet the poster is an old guy who can't really remember what it was like to date girls back home or it was so long ago he may be correct. Girls back home were fun before they declared war against the male of the species. Circa 1980 something...... it changed from a movement to war.

I'd try not to fantasize about what it's like to pay Thai women for sex. Since you have never done it just thinking about all the time may not be healthy.

It's not the same as paying Western women. If you want me to explain the difference PM me if you are over 18 I'll tell you.

Most good looking younger Western guys are paid by Thai women to go out with them at least in my experience.

I have a good friend who has a house, car and motorcycle all paid for by an attractive young Thai woman; reinforcing the finding of the researcher in the OP.

How do you know that good-looking younger Farangs are paid by That ladies?

Things are not always what they look like at first glance.

The both might pool their money, and the man might have good reasons not to show his money around in public :D

The both might pool their money, and the man might have good reasons not to show his money around in public biggrin.png

I know the kids father. Boy came over to visit dad and got out of control and dad cut him off. Kid didn't care as he had a sugar momma and moved out of dad's house into his own and drove his new motorcycle all over town bragging about his new found independence from dad.

Any idea where the research study in question will be published?

From the news article in the OP:

The paper will be published in the WGSS academic journal in August along with other research papers.

About half of Mrs Arkady's girlfriends from university have now married farangs and gone to live overseas. Most are now in their early 30s and just recently they have been going down like 9 pins leaving her without so many friends to hang out with. I don't think any of them had foreign boyfriends at university but, as time went on after graduation, most were disappointed with Thai boyfriends who cheated on them. Some were also cheated financially by their Thai boyfriends. Some of the girls found their foreign husbands from internet dating sites. The rest of her friends are married with Thai husbands and kids and seem happy. For the ones who actively looked for foreign husbands, I think that disappointment with Thai boyfriends was the overriding factor, rather than money. They all had jobs with banks and suchlike, although maybe not with huge salaries. However, most of the farangs they have married don't seem particularly wealthy. Most work when they get to farangland, at least until they have kids, doing lower skilled jobs but earning more than they did in Thailand.

The article is on an interesting topic but the research and writing is somewhat superficial. It looks like an undergraduate thesis, as information seems to have been taken only from websites without any field work or case studies.

This is just an observation. The ThaiFriendly website has 610 pages, 80 thumbnails per page, of profiles of Thai women -- 48,800 in total. I spent a couple of hours looking through the first 3 pages. A very large majority of the self-written descriptions were in English, and a very small minority of profiles appeared to be direct or veiled solicitations for sexual services.

The both might pool their money, and the man might have good reasons not to show his money around in public biggrin.png

ROFL some guys need that type of assurance to sort of "show off". Even if he is paid it's a one off thing you certainly cannot try to replicate it unlike the young village thai gal and the old farang man which is so common all over thailand.

And stacks of women in England go out with black men because they are bigger.

You really think that's the reason white women go out with black men?

How old are you? 13?

so pray tell why do they go out with black men? It's funny though why some farang love to use the "penile" comparison when comparing themselves to asian men when it's not set in stone that they will be bigger but suddenly get defensive when it involves black men.

A friend of mine is 6ft and black,and having seen him in the shower he at least is not bigger so I think that the fact people think they are bigger may be not the case 555

serious? It also applies with whites and asians right?

Yes I realize that, but dont care of course. Unless you're from a Muslim country, its rather difficult to deny that Thai women and society is rather conservative. Thai women are mostly traditional and more promiscuous. Western women are easier to approach and are more liberal to dating and sex. Again: I don't frequent prostitues, nor do I condem those who do. Just my personal experience having lived in both Europe and Asia in my prime years.

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/19/the_12_most_sexually_satisfied_countries_in_the_world_partner/

excuse me come again?

Mostly traditional and more promiscuous? Oxymoron there?

Many people all around the world are attracted to the exotic, pretty much every average looking human goes up a few notches in perceived attractiveness once they are transplanted to an area where their features are not commonplace.

That the human genepool is so small and we all come from such a small group, estimated to have been only around 5000 strong, that we are programmed by mother nature to be attracted to those different from us in order to diversify the genepool as much as possible.

Cracked it. So all the bald fat unattractive smelly farangs are being lusted after by those beautiful young girls because of their genes. Makes sense. opposites attract. I learned something new today.

Thanks

Den

Cracked it. So all the bald fat unattractive smelly farangs are being lusted after by those beautiful young girls because of their genes. Makes sense. opposites attract. I learned something new today.

Thanks

Den

So, only "all the bald fat unattractive smelly farangs are being lusted after"?

Too bad. How can I get balded and fat?

I know the kids father. Boy came over to visit dad and got out of control and dad cut him off. Kid didn't care as he had a sugar momma and moved out of dad's house into his own and drove his new motorcycle all over town bragging about his new found independence from dad.

Understandable that a kid moves into his own house to get out of dad's control. Proves he's growing up.

Understandable that kid moves into his own place to get out of dad's control. Proves he's growing up.

And stacks of women in England go out with black men because they are bigger.

You really think that's the reason white women go out with black men?

How old are you? 13?

so pray tell why do they go out with black men? It's funny though why some farang love to use the "penile" comparison when comparing themselves to asian men when it's not set in stone that they will be bigger but suddenly get defensive when it involves black men.

He's not being defensive. He's pointing out a stupid comment where he sees one.

But yeah, you must be right. Black people have nothing at all to offer any potential partners beyond penis size. mellow.png

Archived